Off Topic, Kinda.....

Awesomeness. I'm shopping for a new mattress, and a good king mattress will run you into the 2K range. So, coincidentally I get one of those WagJag offers for an amazing deal on a Sealy Mattress.

http://www.wagjag.co...WhatCountsEmail

Read the fine print where it says 'We removed the Sealy tags so they can't be resold'.

So then I go to the retailers actual website.

http://www.lamattress.ca

Note the spelling mistakes, and the only product info is from Sealy's website.

So.... too good to be true? Or just a clearance warehouse with no frills?

BBB has no record on them, so no filed complaints.

I would go to the warehouse and check it out first.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Its weird that they removed the tags.

I dont think Wag Jag would affiliate with stolen or fake product, but who knows...

Awesomeness. I'm shopping for a new mattress, and a good king mattress will run you into the 2K range. So, coincidentally I get one of those WagJag offers for an amazing deal on a Sealy Mattress.

Read the fine print where it says 'We removed the Sealy tags so they can't be resold'.

Go and buy one and let us know. I need a new mattress too

I would go to the warehouse and check it out first.

Good plan except I wouldn't know the difference. I buy a mattress by going to the store and crossing the comfort range with my payroll. Doesn't look like they have anything to compare.

I'm fairly certain if I ever had to gain 50 lbs, I could do it by strictly eating Nutella. I am positive I can eat 2 jars with a spoon in one sitting.

I have no idea of what's happening here but removing law tags by the retailer is illegal in the USA.

This sounds like super supreme bull snot.

Just to give you an idea, a middle price point for a king sealy posturepedic mattress

cost me 482. That's landed wholesale.

Retail is 803.

That is the weirdest, most puzzling three minutes of video I have ever watched. Wtf is the relevance.

Man falls in love with a piece of bread???

Too lazy to quote but most banks will give the same rate to staff as their 'best' customer rate. "Best" can mean different things but for retail currency exchange (not going through capital markets for 7 figures), usually it's anything 10k plus. Would be surprised if pez couldn't get his wife's rate at some banks just by giving a local branch a call!

That is the weirdest, most puzzling three minutes of video I have ever watched. Wtf is the relevance.

Man falls in love with a piece of bread???

It's a great tune about a dude who only has moldy bread to eat but his neighbors have modela and Nutella.

• Like 1

So I finally completed the transition of shifting the whole family to Wind Mobile. Our monthly cell phone costs just drop dramatically. I know I have heard about service issues when you are out of the city but if I am travelling, I don't want anyone calling me.

The only problem is trying to get iMessage and facetime to work on iPhones. OMG I am dying trying to set it up.

It's sad that we are in 2015 and still have these issues

These issues are a benefit to some. That's why we still have them.

Too lazy to quote but most banks will give the same rate to staff as their 'best' customer rate. "Best" can mean different things but for retail currency exchange (not going through capital markets for 7 figures), usually it's anything 10k plus. Would be surprised if pez couldn't get his wife's rate at some banks just by giving a local branch a call!

Really? You have worked for a bank I believe, and I definitely have not, so I won't argue, but I am pretty sure the best rates are not given to the employees. Unless you mean the best rate that any walk in can get, instead of the best rate the best clients get. I'm certainly not a best client for any bank, but I do a lot of FX (relatively speaking), and in my experience, its rare for my rate not to be better than anything at retail, whether its for employees or walk ins.

But I could be wrong.

Really? You have worked for a bank I believe, and I definitely have not, so I won't argue, but I am pretty sure the best rates are not given to the employees. Unless you mean the best rate that any walk in can get, instead of the best rate the best clients get. I'm certainly not a best client for any bank, but I do a lot of FX (relatively speaking), and in my experience, its rare for my rate not to be better than anything at retail, whether its for employees or walk ins.

But I could be wrong.

When I worked in the branch employees got a staff rate. Which is like the same rate for a vip customer. But that's at the retail side.

That's at branch level at TD. However if you have $500000 at Td Waterhouse your rate will be better.

It's like anything else. Margins are where money is made

But I could be wrong.

When I worked in the branch employees got a staff rate. Which is like the same rate for a vip customer. But that's at the retail side.

That's at branch level at TD. However if you have $500000 at Td Waterhouse your rate will be better.

It's like anything else. Margins are where money is made

This is what I meant. If you are a Corporate customer or something else who would get wholesale/market rates, that's different. As a bank employee with $100 to change, I should get the same rate as if I walked into another bank with $50,000 to change. And to be clear, as a non-employee, you would never know what that employee rate is, since it wouldn't be posted anywhere. And for both a "good" customer and employee, the rate would be better than what would be posted online or available through online banking. Those aren't quite the "best" customer rates, but anyone with millions would presumably not be going through retail.

I will also say I have friends at banks who have told me they have been cracked down on for employee rates, whether it is for FX, mortgages, fees, etc. Lots of people abusing them and using them for family/friends, so becoming more restricted. I won't say anything about my own bank/employer, other than that I don't use those services much at all, so I can't really say, but I haven't noticed any differences.

We have come so far in our society. Words, behaviours thar were normal just 30 years ago are gone. We are as a whole tolerant and love each other.

But racism is still prevalent. I don't think we will ever shed that away from parts of outer culture

Being in mortgages. The staff mortgage rate is a scam. Not only was it a taxable benefit , I woukd get my clients much better than these rates.

I have done numerous deals for people who worked at banks.

We have come so far in our society. Words, behaviours thar were normal just 30 years ago are gone. We are as a whole tolerant and love each other.

But racism is still prevalent. I don't think we will ever shed that away from parts of outer culture

Humans are tribal people, it's hard wired into us. Early humans had to band together with others in order to survive and that often meant not just the positives of cooperation and common identity but the negatives of seeing other tribes as different and dangerous.

When you view somebody first as part of a group and not as an individual there is always a danger in the negatives of tribalism coming to the fore.

Being in mortgages. The staff mortgage rate is a scam. Not only was it a taxable benefit , I woukd get my clients much better than these rates.

I have done numerous deals for people who worked at banks.

Good point. Again, I have two friends at different banks who actually said they got their last mortgages with their own banks for the first time ever in the last year, since the "staff" rate was actually the same as the "best" customer rate (the actual best customer rate, not the crap first quote you get). But yeah, usually a broker like serge can get you a better rate, even for an employee. I had no idea it could be viewed as a taxable benefit though, I hope my friends don't get hit with that...

Humans are tribal people, it's hard wired into us. Early humans had to band together with others in order to survive and that often meant not just the positives of cooperation and common identity but the negatives of seeing other tribes as different and dangerous.

When you view somebody first as part of a group and not as an individual there is always a danger in the negatives of tribalism coming to the fore.

Well said. So how do you suggest people can learn to "not see" those groups in situations where a preconception isn't appropriate, whether it be law enforcement, a teacher, a hiring officer, etc?

Well said. So how do you suggest people can learn to "not see" those groups in situations where a preconception isn't appropriate, whether it be law enforcement, a teacher, a hiring officer, etc?

Stop using their lizard brain.

I tried 4 places and tdwaterhouse gave best rate for 100k. My wife's bank rate was ridiculously good, however this isn't always the case. She just did a quick online transfer and texted me the screen with the conversion amount. Only problem with using her employee rate and why I said its a headache for $500, is because her bank is also cracking down on doing favours for extended family and friends.

For me its not worth a few hundred dollars in case they start questioning her about the funds.

So I finally completed the transition of shifting the whole family to Wind Mobile. Our monthly cell phone costs just drop dramatically. I know I have heard about service issues when you are out of the city but if I am travelling, I don't want anyone calling me.

The only problem is trying to get iMessage and facetime to work on iPhones. OMG I am dying trying to set it up.

I have send SMS on off. This way Iphone will always use imessage to other iphones.

I have send SMS on off. This way Iphone will always use imessage to other iphones.

Is that just a Wind thing? My phone always uses IMessage to iPhones.

Has anyone used the Rogers roam like home plan in US?

They advertise its for share everything plan holders only. I'm not sure if I'm on that

I text friends in the US all the time. Sometimes if your phone loses its internet connection because you're in a basement somewhere it will send it as a text message not a imessage.

When it sends it as a text I pay .25 cents each time. So I turned it off this way its imessage or nothing.