Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Yes we try to watch it once a year. Still catch things here and there that I missed in previous viewings.

Thats impressive and a quite good endorsement of the show..I have always wanted to watch and will be soon

WW is a great show. It's not Who's the Boss in terms of thinking but not as heavy as the Wire. We've watched through it 7 times. Second to last season is a rough one but overall it is my fav show ever. Love all the characters and the storylines. Pretty funny too.

agree 100%

The wire is a really good educational show to watch with your younger son serge.

Your face is good education for kindergarden students.

• Like 1

Yes we try to watch it once a year. Still catch things here and there that I missed in previous viewings.

I was doing this too when it was on reruns on tv. Now I don't see it, and for some reason not bothering to go on Netflix for it.

out of sight, out of mind.

Wire is heavy duty. Remember spending the first 3 eps wondering wtf was going on. It doesn't hold your hand at all. Great show but you won't leave feeling all warm and fuzzy. It's a very sad show. We watched it once. Thinking about watching it again.

WW is a great show. It's not Who's the Boss in terms of thinking but not as heavy as the Wire. We've watched through it 7 times. Second to last season is a rough one but overall it is my fav show ever. Love all the characters and the storylines. Pretty funny too.

Thanks very much for this. I don't usually mind sad shows, but since I'm usually watching it in 20-minute increments and/or at 6am, I'm definitely leaning on the lighter side. Sounds like West Wing it is.

I get alot of referrals. I got one who gave me a call in Nov/14. I told her what she can deduct and gave her a list of what I need.

She got her stuff together and used Ufile to prepare her taxes. She than asked me if I can look it over by emailing it to me. Took her 2 days to prepare and she owed $4k in taxes.

I email it back and said I can't sign off on it since I did not prepare it.

If people want to be cheap than she can pay the additional taxes on being cheap.

My engine light has been on my SUV for over a year. I thought it was another code. It came back as a P0017 - Timing chain. My heart dropped. Very lucky it was covered under warranty. Drop it off at the dealership and they asked me if I had a vehicle since it is the long weekend. I said I did but asked if they had rentals I could rent instead. They said they can offer me a rental for free. I thought why did they not offer me that right away.

Now the strange thing is that I have been driving the car around with the engine light on for over a year and luckily nothing happen. Been down to DC, Ottawa, Detroit, Cleveland, etc.

My vehicle is still in the garage. They are now saying maybe Tuesday I will get it back. Really a week and a half?

I guess the most credible news of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was released today which means I was wrong about the fight. This also means I'm probably wrong about the outcome. I'll take some action on Mayweather to win if anyone's interested and I don't have to lay more than my comfort level.

I guess the most credible news of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was released today which means I was wrong about the fight. This also means I'm probably wrong about the outcome. I'll take some action on Mayweather to win if anyone's interested and I don't have to lay more than my comfort level.

TMZ s a credible news source.

I can't bet Mayweather. My wife would divorce me. Yes she is a Filipina.

Mayweather made the announcement along with pics of him signing the contract. Apparently his making the announcement was part of the contract so Manny's camp hit the media minutes after Floyd's release.

I'm not going to buy the fight since I refuse to spend more than $50 on a PPV and this will probably break a hundy.

Mayweather made the announcement along with pics of him signing the contract. Apparently his making the announcement was part of the contract so Manny's camp hit the media minutes after Floyd's release.

I'm not going to buy the fight since I refuse to spend more than $50 on a PPV and this will probably break a hundy.

It will be streamed for sure. I have never paid for an UFC fight

random Book recommendation: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

very famous book that I'd never read before this weekend. It's a "nonfiction novel", and it's exceptionally entertaining, well written, and downright chilling. I Can't stop thinking about it.

• Like 1

So I visited a Dietician and Nutritionist yesterday on the advice of my doctor..I know how to lose weight, as we all do..But the application is the hard part..She taught it would help, which is actually a great idea..

So I get there, and the nutritionist has an Intern Dietitian working with her..She was new and training...

Now I am the last person to make fun of people that are overweight, as I have been overweight most of my life..But the Intern was literally 250 lbs...Very nice lady but very overweight..

The actual Nutritionist is a very fit woman...

Again no offense but how can you give advice to patients if you are extremely overweight? Its like I would never be able to become a personal trainer, it would be silly for me to train people if I am overweight..

It was weird.

It is a hard thing for sure, and while I realize you were not being judgmental, it is a real possibility that she has dietary needs or chemical imbalances or something, and that make it extremely difficult for her to lose weight in a healthy way. Or may she used to weigh 400 pounds, and is still on her way down!

I have a friend who is a nutrionist and you wouldn't know it to look at her. But she was born with diabetes, celiac and a million other issues, and so she is a ton more careful/knowledgeable about what she eats than any of us, but even doing so, her weight fluctuates a fair bit and on many days, probably doesn't look particularly well nutritioned...