Off Topic, Kinda.....

I'm happy the Greeks won and Italy lost.

Greece can actually make final 8

They closed the Danforth and did not reopen until 9 pm. My smart brother in law order sushi from the middle of Greektown and it took 2 hours for delivery.
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I'm happy the Greeks won and Italy lost.

Greece can actually make final 8

I am not a fan of Greece Reason why? First 2 games they score zero goals. 3rd game they finally score a goal and get one gift wrap to them to get in. Also the Danforth will be quieter.

I am not a fan of Greece Reason why? First 2 games they score zero goals. 3rd game they finally score a goal and get one gift wrap to them to get in. Also the Danforth will be quieter.

But the Italy fans are equivalent to Habs fans

Sorry my Italian friends

But the Italy fans are equivalent to Habs fans

Sorry my Italian friends

lol, I cant believe the number of sports things you and I disagree about!

but your still my boy Serge!

• Like 1

looks like Chile is only 2.25-1, but not sure of this.

4.5 to 1 if you take regulation time only

I cant see them being "allowed" to beat Brazil

I think you were looking at Brazil -1, which is not the same, since Brazil winning by 1 is a draw. Pinny doesn't have a straight 2-way line, but they to have a 'to advance' line and Chile is 3.85.

Top quarter of the bracket has all South American teams. Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia.

South America has all its teams advancing to round of 16 if Ecuador makes it

Concacaf will have 3/4 if USA makes it. Did I tell you I like Mexico? I am predicting they make the semis. Not ruling out them going further. With there coach, watching that will be a lot of fun

Did I tell you I like Mexico? I am predicting they make the semis. Not ruling out them going further. With there coach, watching that will be a lot of fun

If they get by Holland, its just Costa Rica/Greece in their way, so I like that call on your part.

Wife and I are selling our condo and moving to a house. Pretty excited about it. Though we are taking a bath on the condo. Probably going to lose at least 30k on it since we bought in 2008. The upside is that ince the market is soft, we should be able to get into a real nice house at a pretty affordable price level.

Real estate has gone down in your city since 2008? wow. I figure whatever you're "losing" on the condo, you're gaining in the house.

Wish you many years of health and happiness with the new family in the new house. Bigger+better things!!!

Thanks Arp. Real estate has gone down a bit, but mostly remained stagnant, however the condo Market in Lethbridge sucks. People just don't want to live in condos for whatever reason. There aren't many of them and they don't sell easily. We are pricing below market to sell quick, but there's a chance it still won't sell and we'll be forced to rent it out, which is a break-even proposition at best, though it would still work out to be profitable on account of paying down the mortgage with rent. If we had more financial flexibility, I would just keep the place and rent it out, as we are pre-approved for a new mortgage while keeping the old one, but I just don't want the monetary stress right now with a baby on the way.

The good news is, Lethbridge usually follows Calgary, but delayed by a year or two, and Calgary real estate is really buzzing right now, so Lethbridge should follow in the next year or 2.

Wife and I are selling our condo and moving to a house. Pretty excited about it. Though we are taking a bath on the condo. Probably going to lose at least 30k on it since we bought in 2008. The upside is that ince the market is soft, we should be able to get into a real nice house at a pretty affordable price level.

Are you going to get one with a backyard big enough for an ice rink?

Are you going to get one with a backyard big enough for an ice rink?

haha, probably. I'm more concerned with finding one with a finished basement big enough for a nice poker room. Selfish.

haha, probably. I'm more concerned with finding one with a finished basement big enough for a nice poker room. Selfish.

I think Chris has a nice setup

The good news is, Lethbridge usually follows Calgary, but delayed by a year or two, and Calgary real estate is really buzzing right now, so Lethbridge should follow in the next year or 2.

Did Lethbridge flood? That's a big part of the Calgary boom. edit: I think.

Thanks Arp. Real estate has gone down a bit, but mostly remained stagnant, however the condo Market in Lethbridge sucks. People just don't want to live in condos for whatever reason. There aren't many of them and they don't sell easily. We are pricing below market to sell quick, but there's a chance it still won't sell and we'll be forced to rent it out, which is a break-even proposition at best, though it would still work out to be profitable on account of paying down the mortgage with rent. If we had more financial flexibility, I would just keep the place and rent it out, as we are pre-approved for a new mortgage while keeping the old one, but I just don't want the monetary stress right now with a baby on the way.

Send some Toronto people there.

Two guys that I have know for over 20 years had players drafted into the NBA last night that they coached. I find that simply incredible, first in that two Canadians got drafted (it used to be like 1 every 10 years!) and two that people I know that coach public school basketball are able to have players that make it to the NBA. Crazy.

(Wiggins+Powell. The Wiggins coach was at the draft too, just saw his pic retweeted by MGrange)

Two guys that I have know for over 20 years had players drafted into the NBA last night that they coached. I find that simply incredible, first in that two Canadians got drafted (it used to be like 1 every 10 years!) and two that people I know that coach public school basketball are able to have players that make it to the NBA. Crazy.

(Wiggins+Powell. The Wiggins coach was at the draft too, just saw his pic retweeted by MGrange)

Actually 4 Canadians were picked last night (a record), including 3 Ontario kids in the first round. This after the 1st overall pick last year was also Canadian (unfortunately, he had probably the worst rookie season in NBA history). Still, pretty incredible.

Actually 4 Canadians were picked last night (a record), including 3 Ontario kids in the first round. This after the 1st overall pick last year was also Canadian (unfortunately, he had probably the worst rookie season in NBA history). Still, pretty incredible.

Ya, I know its 4, I just meant its blowing my mind that there are kids from Toronto public schools being drafted into the NBA, and its 2 guys I played with that are coaching them. When I was playing in high school, it was a big deal to have a high schooler get a scholarship from down south, or to somehow play Div 1. Now its guys getting drafted 1st overall, and 2 of the top 10. Unreal.

Also, Bennett will be great some day. UNLV baby!

• 2 weeks later...

This World Cup play by play statement made me think of hockey+Serge:

Germany up 5-0.

Commentator: Funny thing is, Brazil has had 55% of the possession.

Oops.

WTF is going on? lol

Germany up 5-0.

Oops.

WTF is going on? lol

Corsi smorsi. or something. That something being their defence was playing like crap.

Corsi smorsi. or something. That something being their defence was playing like crap.

I've never seen a World Cup team, ever. look so completely mismatched and defenceless.

I was beginning to feel pity for Brazil, like you would for a bunch of first graders if they were playing against high school kids. It just seemed....unfair. lol

And I'm not even a fan of theirs!

Germany up 5-0.

Oops.

WTF is going on? lol

Lol. I thought of it too