Off Topic, Kinda.....

Kirk Kerkorian is always top of my list when people ask.

my man! I love this guy, I wish more people knew about him, you are right, this would be my answer/wish too.

the running joke at MGM for the longest time was that every Armenian was Kirk's nephew. We met an Armo pit boss there one year, and every year we would see him, he would remember us, and if anyone asked, he would actually call us Kirks crew. I wonder how many Armo's he pulled that one off for. lol

lol @ Wilson+Bathurst.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I could be wrong, but for me, its always been that the US is more of a RA-RA-RA #USA #1 kind of place, whereas here in Canada, we have more of an inferiority complex and dont wave our flags every day. There is just more nationalistic pride in the US, and not as much here. Its kind of what makes America great, until people turn it into Us vs Them, and then they become the acch*les that the world perceives them as.

I could certainly be naive on this topic, but I see that RA-RA-RA #USA #1 attitude as more of a detriment than a good thing.

I think it focuses everything inward, creates closed-mindedness and probably fosters racial biases, especially among those who identify as being "American through and through" vs those who are newer immigrants.

I don't see Canada's multicultural acceptance as an inferiority complex at all. Frankly, I'd rather we don't parade around talking about how great we are all the time.

• Like 1

Raffi is a great follow on Twitter. Huge Canucks fan!

I think the RaRaRa American attitude is something pushed by the government as a way to better control people.

I think the RaRaRa American attitude is something pushed by the government as a way to better control people.

I'm sort of related to Raffi. My uncles wife is first cousins with him

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or put down things, so in that vain, I am staying out of the Rob Ford stuff, and sharing this with you all. I don't post these for the responses I may get, I do it just to try and have more people see the good that's out there, and not focus on all the bad we see. Hope you enjoy it, get something out of it...

re: Autism Awareness Day

#1 After the gala we had last Friday, an owner of a large construction company wrote to the President of our Board, and said he was so impressed with what he saw, and wanted to help, so he is asking us to co-ordinate with him to hire older autistic students from our centres for summer time jobs at his offices. This was something many of us are trying for, to help get the older kids who are finishing their high school years into possible employment opportunities within their skill sets. This guy was so touched by what he saw, he said he wants to hire a few to do some office work and see where it goes. He has no connection to the cause, he just wants to do something to help.

#2. With Wednesday being autism awareness day, there was also a "Light it Blue" program, promoting awareness by using blue light bulbs. At the fundraiser, each person received one of these light bulbs, donated by Home Depot. A friend of mine who lives in Aurora was coming home Wed night from work, around 8pm, when he turned on his street and saw that his whole entire street, every light in front of every house, was blue. His neighbours all know his son, and they banded together to light up the whole street in blue. I think it was about 40 houses. How amazing is that?

Chris.....once my friends shared those stories with me, I had to tell them what you posted on here about your son. Everyone was touched, its kids like him who will make it a better world for our kids someday.

Anyway, just wanted to share some good things. Have a good weekend guys, enjoy and smile!

• Like 7

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or put down things, so in that vain, I am staying out of the Rob Ford stuff, and sharing this with you all. I don't post these for the responses I may get, I do it just to try and have more people see the good that's out there, and not focus on all the bad we see. Hope you enjoy it, get something out of it...

re: Autism Awareness Day

#1 After the gala we had last Friday, an owner of a large construction company wrote to the President of our Board, and said he was so impressed with what he saw, and wanted to help, so he is asking us to co-ordinate with him to hire older autistic students from our centres for summer time jobs at his offices. This was something many of us are trying for, to help get the older kids who are finishing their high school years into possible employment opportunities within their skill sets. This guy was so touched by what he saw, he said he wants to hire a few to do some office work and see where it goes. He has no connection to the cause, he just wants to do something to help.

#2. With Wednesday being autism awareness day, there was also a "Light it Blue" program, promoting awareness by using blue light bulbs. At the fundraiser, each person received one of these light bulbs, donated by Home Depot. A friend of mine who lives in Aurora was coming home Wed night from work, around 8pm, when he turned on his street and saw that his whole entire street, every light in front of every house, was blue. His neighbours all know his son, and they banded together to light up the whole street in blue. I think it was about 40 houses. How amazing is that?

Chris.....once my friends shared those stories with me, I had to tell them what you posted on here about your son. Everyone was touched, its kids like him who will make it a better world for our kids someday.

Anyway, just wanted to share some good things. Have a good weekend guys, enjoy and smile!

Amazing, Arp, in particular #2. I always feel that, in order to do anything positive, it needs to reach everyone. When everyone stops seeing skin colour, not just those that suffer prejudice, that's a win. When derogatory language stops being part of everyday life, that's a win. And when kids like my son, and your friends with the blue street, GET it, then you're winning the war, not just a battle. And, to sound a little touchy feely, maybe someday we get to a place where Autism Awareness is unnecessary, because everyone is already aware, and doing all the right things.

You made my day better, thanks pal...

• Like 2

That's Amazing Arp, thanks for sharing. I teared up a bit at the blue light story (I'm getting soft in my old age)

I read the emails from my friends yesterday morning as I was walking out of my car, and into an appointment. Lets just say I had to go back into my car for 5min. :)

I was choked up when I heard the first story, the second one put me over the edge

Really?

Does anyone have contact info for Ollie? Or a link to where he makes his golf picks?

I have his phone number.

His twitter is OllieNoonan1

Probably have an email somewhere.

I don't know where he makes his picks. Sometimes I see them on twitter.

I have his phone number.

His twitter is OllieNoonan1

Probably have an email somewhere.

I don't know where he makes his picks. Sometimes I see them on twitter.

If you could come up with an email or phone number that would be great. Or contact him and ask him to get in touch w me? Either way would be great. Twitter might be too slow since he doesn't follow me..

If you could come up with an email or phone number that would be great. Or contact him and ask him to get in touch w me? Either way would be great. Twitter might be too slow since he doesn't follow me..

Texted it to you, assuming you have the same number and assuming Ollie has the same number.

• 2 weeks later...

Scary. Moose are a menace.

Deer too. I used to be so mad that my Grandpa had those deer whistles on his car because I always wanted to see the wildlife when we visited him, but Pinawa, MB was so populated by deer that it was insane. Couldn't golf a round without just chilling with deer for an entire hole or two.

Then, once I became a driver, I figured out why he had them. Deer are maniacs. I had one dart out in front of me late at night when I was a mile from home and I hit it. Got lucky to escape with very little damage and a deer that got up and walked away, and probably died elsewhere, but I can still see the deer in the headlights as he darted out at the last second.

Maybe it's more of a northern Ontario/Manitoba thing, but those damn deer and moose are friggen everywhere. Had a few close calls with moose just chilling on the highway being extremely unpredictable while on some road trips between T-Bay and Fort Frances.