Off Topic, Kinda.....

This is hard to imagine as you dont know how you will react in an emergency..But I would think first thing i would do is call 911, then try my best to get the woman out somehow.

Same for me. I don't know how I would react, never having been in any kind of this situation.

My hope is that I would try whatever I could to help, after obviously making the call to 911.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

What would be your reaction upon arriving at a scene with an overturned vehicle partially submerged in water with the driver under water?

It's a little more complex than just jumping in. Unfortunately, the less you know about rescue, the more likely you are to jump in. That car is in a precarious position and as a rescuer you don't want to become a victim. Often, that's the case.

BUT..... there's no ****ing way in hell I'm standing there videotaping. As a personal note,when I first started in the fire department about 15 years ago, when there were accidents,most people would try to turn their kids away so they wouldn't see the carnage. Now, everyone and their ****ing brother is standing there with a camera in their hands.....

It's a little more complex than just jumping in. Unfortunately, the less you know about rescue, the more likely you are to jump in. That car is in a precarious position and as a rescuer you don't want to become a victim. Often, that's the case.

BUT..... there's no ****ing way in hell I'm standing there videotaping. As a personal note,when I first started in the fire department about 15 years ago, when there were accidents,most people would try to turn their kids away so they wouldn't see the carnage. Now, everyone and their ****ing brother is standing there with a camera in their hands.....

All good points. Kind of what I meant earlier when I referenced dangers to ourselves. Looking at that car objectively, my guess is a non-professional would do more damage than good. But when the danger is so obvious, most of us couldn't help ourselves. It's not like when people walk by muggings, and they can just pretend they didn't see it or maybe its just friends joking around - the danger here is unquestionable. I'm an optimist so I like to think we'd help instinctually, not because the danger just means we're worried about what others would think if we don't help.

Oh, I didnt understand at first that your question had to do with "would you videotape"

I also should have added, and I think Chris would know this better, but I think there are many situations where not only would you put yourself in peril but also as a would be rescuer, I might do more harm than good.

As for the video, I stopped watching after 5 seconds. In fact, I regretted ever having clicked on the link, because

1. I don't want to watch it

2. I don't want someone to think "wow, look all the hits to the site, this stuff is popular"

Its things like this that make me lose faith in humanity. I always get it back, but then its always given another shot of "WTF is wrong with people?" soon after again. Never ending cycle of my idealism vs reality.

I hate people who crave attention so much. Everything now is about how many followers you have on some social media, and the more outrageously stupid you are, the better. It makes me sad frankly.

Its things like this that make me lose faith in humanity.

The other evening, I was waiting at a bus stop, was cold as shit outside. A 61 goes by, but is full, so doesn't stop. (Happens as it's the first stop after Eglinton Station.) Anyways, this little old lady comments on missing her bus, talking to some random stranger, a woman about my age. She asks where she's going, looks up on her phone that her next 61 bus is probably 30 minutes away, then without even thinking about it, tells her she'll pay for a cab for the two of them. I guess they added another 61 due to volume of traffic, because a completely empty one pulled on a second later, so it didn't matter, but it made me happy about humanity for at least that split second.

Some of you parents might know what Rainbow Loom is...

Its an epidemic that is sweeping the nation.

You make bracelets...Its interesting, you would think its for girls, but most of Adrian's hockey team is doing these things. Its fun, it gives thema break from the Ipods...

Check it out people..Rainbow Loom...Its the future.

Some of you parents might know what Rainbow Loom is...

Its an epidemic that is sweeping the nation.

You make bracelets...Its interesting, you would think its for girls, but most of Adrian's hockey team is doing these things. Its fun, it gives thema break from the Ipods...

Check it out people..Rainbow Loom...Its the future.

You will be finding elastic bands everywhere for the next 3 months. And start shopping for a new vacuum now so you're ready when your motor burns out from the elastics get caught in it...

• Like 2

My sis and I used to make bracelets all the time as kids... I dunno wtf rainbow loom is, but we'd make friendship bracelets or whatever... we got pretty good at making like thick ones with angled stripes and stuff... anyways, then we sold them at the end of our suburban driveway to passing motorists.

I'm not sure how or why anyone stopped.

times have changed man. accept it. kids just aren't running around the streets wearing gold and silver anymore. society I tell you.

Thats why we have children doing crack cocaine, quitting school early, obesity problem.

Its the breakdown of family values, which all started when parents stopped showing their love with lifetime heirlooms passed down from generation to generation.

What are you gonna do, pass down a rubber band to your kids on the day of their wedding?

When you bought gold, you gave them a keepsake for life, and if things ever got rough, you could sell that gold to get you through the hard times.

Gold appreciated by 700% from 2000 to 2012, not a bad return for something that would also have made you look cool!

Now the mayor does crack, kids are having sex at 12 years old, and the education system is a mess.

All this could be avoided if parents would just be responsible and buy their kids some valuable gold jewellery. Its a shame really.

Thats why we have children doing crack cocaine, quitting school early, obesity problem.

Its the breakdown of family values, which all started when parents stopped showing their love with lifetime heirlooms passed down from generation to generation.

What are you gonna do, pass down a rubber band to your kids on the day of their wedding?

When you bought gold, you gave them a keepsake for life, and if things ever got rough, you could sell that gold to get you through the hard times.

Gold appreciated by 700% from 2000 to 2012, not a bad return for something that would also have made you look cool!

Now the mayor does crack, kids are having sex at 12 years old, and the education system is a mess.

All this could be avoided if parents would just be responsible and buy their kids some valuable gold jewellery. Its a shame really.

Where do Movado watches for kids fall in all this

Jewellery Business not booming?

My sis and I used to make bracelets all the time as kids... I dunno wtf rainbow loom is, but we'd make friendship bracelets or whatever... we got pretty good at making like thick ones with angled stripes and stuff... anyways, then we sold them at the end of our suburban driveway to passing motorists.

I'm not sure how or why anyone stopped.

Its really cool..It comes with a kit that makes it easyto make..you can even make really interesting ones..

Its hilarious...The kids on the hockey team will sit together , hours on end and make these things..I dont really care for the finished product( sure its kinda cool) but the process of giving the kids something to do is something every parent is looking for.

I m sick of this game Minecraft..They all get together on their Ipods and Ipads, they have this alternate universe that they submerge themselves in...Its also kinda cool, but I somehow prefer them making bracelets ...

ARP:

I think we have a business idea...Figure out a way for you to sell making gold bracelet kits to the kids..Make it a fun thing..They design their own bracelet, jewelery through a prototype..Then they bring it to you, and you make the actual piece...Go out and do it, Ill help you market it..Target market is 7-14 year olds...

use minecraft to teach the kids city planning principles.

actually I was gonna bring that up..It really does help in that aspect..

not sure when this game came out, but Adrian and every single one of his friends play it..It seems like a game that actually has some real life merit to it.

I heard of Rainbow Loom. My girls are asking for it but I have not gotten it for them yet.

You should get it...Starting kit is only $20...You will have to buy extra bands as you go along and want more colours..