It will make lots and lots of money and the version they show in China will be a lot different than the version they will show to the rest of the World.

the version they show in China will be a lot different than the version they will show to the rest of the World.

Why's that?

Why's that?

China only lets in a limited number of non-Chinese movies every year and those movies have to pass the censors so a lot of movies are edited to not offend the Chinese government in order to be allowed to be shown.

In the case of Iron Man they also did some Chinese specific product placement and added a couple characters not in the version shown anywhere else.

Iron Man 3 Chinese edition hopes to pay off at China’s box office

In a node to its box-office muscle, China got a special edition of Iron Man 3

and this link is from an English language Chinese website

How is the Chinese cut of Iron Man 3 different? It's worse

I enjoyed it. I saw it in 3D, there's no need.

RDJ has crossed a line of self awareness for me. I never felt like I was lost in the movie, I always felt like I was watching him do an impression of a guy named "Tony Stark."

I know RDH gave a recent interview and predicted his future Oscar win, or his lofty place ong his peers. I would be shocked if he was in serious Oscar contention. I think of him as a guy who has a specific brand of charm, with a strong need to make money.

I saw an interesting little example of a societal need to paint men as angsty little whiners who just can't live without there women.

Even superheroes need meds.

I enjoyed it. I saw it in 3D, there's no need.

RDJ has crossed a line of self awareness for me. I never felt like I was lost in the movie, I always felt like I was watching him do an impression of a guy named "Tony Stark."

This was very apparent for me in the first 20 minutes of the movie or so. It faded as the movie went on though, and my enjoyment/immersion increased.

I liked the movie. Very entertaining as usual. Probably a little too heavy on the comedy this time around though. It's the worst of the 4 tony stark movies, but that's not really an insult, as I really liked them all.

Oh, a plot question...

Wasn't part of the point of the first two movies to not have unmanned robots? And yet then we just sort of throw that notion away in the third?

Also, why didn't he call in the robot army earlier?

• 1 year later...