• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY   Dedicated to Marchant (CobaltBlue) and Gary (GWCGWC)   The first step is to understand that "random" is just a word. No series of numbers is beyond a some sort of predict

This game is called "Diamonds" and I'm dedicating it to MinhLyFan.   I will explain the game as though it were being played HU.   Players post BB and SB. Each player is dealt 3 cards. The player

Trading currencies, huh? How's that working out for you? Know much about bitcoins?   For what it's worth:   MinhLyFan Last Active Aug 08 2009 08:45 PM

Well brother, lets talk.

I'm begging to be back on your golf team.

My Christmas gift to you is golf related.

To the right man it's worth more money than my dad has made in his life.

My preference is to give it away here. But I'd rather have 1% of you.

STARS & DUST

or

ROSELLA & GAYLE

It's a 4 card poker game.

The ranks are (in order):

High Card

One Pair

Two Pair

Three of a kind

Straight (Four cards in a row)

Flush (Four cards of the same suit)

Straight Flush (Four cards in a row of the same suit)

There is a Big Blind and a Small Blind with the Small Blind having the button.

The deal is two cards down and one card up. There is then a pot sized round of betting with the Small Blind (SB) acting first.

Then each player is dealt a card up. There is then a pot sized round of betting with the Big Blind (BB) acting first.

NOW ROSELLA or GAYLE!

The SB is then given the choice of Rosella or Gayle.

If the SB chooses Rosella then the hand is complete and the best four card hand wins the pot.

If the SB chooses Gayle then two community cards are dealt face up. After the community cards are dealt face up then the SB acts first in a No Limit round of betting with the BB in position. Upon completion of the action the best four card hand of the six cards makes the players hand.

STARS & DUST

THE DIAMONDS INDEPENDENT HOLE MODEL

THE DIHM

“Any fool can know, the point is to understand” – Albert Einstein

The point of the DIHM is to calculate the usefulness of a particular score on a particular hole in a round of golf.

As what seems like always, for Phillip

Let’s begin supposing that two golfers are scratch golfers in that their average score is par. This does not inherently suggest that the likelihood of each scoring identically on a hole is the same. One most likely is prone to more bogeys and birdies than the other.

Now let’s take our golfers to the course. If the two scratch golfers are to play a single hole to determine a winner, the equity of a birdie to one golfer is different than to the other. For clarity, if the golfer who is more volatile of the two scores a birdie than he or she is more likely to win. And interestingly, the less volatile of the two is less likely to lose with a bogey.

As such, a completely accurate model has many more variables than can be discussed here. But we can make a model good enough on which we can make superior shot selection choices to an opponent not using the DIHM. This is how that model is formed.

If a golfer is a scratch golfer it will be assumed that he or she will score a par on every hole.

If a golfer is +1 handicap it will be assumed that he or she will score a 1 birdie for every 18 holes.

If a golfer is a +2 handicap it will be assumed that he or she will score 2 birdies for every 18 holes.

And so on.

A better model would take in to account the difficulty of the holes remaining. But that model isn’t free.

Because this is meant as a universal introduction to the DIHM it is more important for me to explain its nature than for me to make an accurate model based on any particular level.

But because it is fun for me to do I will explain the optimal scoring for a course to win a PGA level 72-hole tournament. Obviously, I assume that your handicap is in the black. The easiest hole will be 1, 2, 3, 4; the second easiest hole will be 5, 6, 7, 8; etc. and the hardest hole will be 69, 70, 71, 72. With each 4 numbers representing the same hole on different days. Now try and solve this for yourself.

I’ll wait.

The best way to win is to score a hole-in-one on numbers 1 through 72.

I use this as an example to show that the equity of a particular hole is determined upon the field more than anything. If you are leading a tournament by 20 strokes then a birdie on the last hole has little to no equity over a par. But if you are tied on the last hole of a tournament a stroke difference may have a lot more equity.

Now let’s get cooking.

1 hole tournament. Two golfers whose handicap = 0. Birdie = 100% equity.

18 hole tournament. Two golfers whose handicap = 0. A birdie on a single hole = 100% equity.

1 hole tournament. Two golfers. GolferA’s handicap = +1. GolferB’s handicap = 0. The equity of a birdie to GolferA = 100%. The equity of a birdie to GolferB = 100 – (1/18) = 99.955%.

18 hole tournament. Two golfers. GolferA’s handicap = +1. GolferB’s handicap = 0. The equity of a birdie on any particular hole to GolferA = 100%. The equity of a birdie on any particular hole to GolferB = 50%.

Tournament Golf’s Holy Grail

God Bless!

That Good Jim?

5 card NL stud lowball. If you bluff your opponent show him your hole card and say "that good jim?" and it turns out to be a bluff then your opponent must pay you your bluff amount.

That game and this entire post is dedicated to my dad. When I gave him a working model of my gear principle he wanted to label it "Momentum."

I had a real fear of success. I learned that yesterday, meaning that it was more ingrained, prevalent, and powerful in my life.

Problems are only as beautiful to the one who discovers them and the one who solves them, but not before. The solution is the beautiful.

THIS GAME IS WITH LOVE IN MY HEART FOR MY FRIEND EDUARDO VASCONCELOS.

Let it be known that of all men I can imagine no other who is more like obi-wan than Eddie.

Eddie is going to be the most creative player until the Lord.

The game is called "I'm bored"

I will explain as though it were being played heads up.

The button posts the SB and the other player posts the BB.

Each player is dealt 4 cards.

The bet sizing is pot-limit with the Button having position in all rounds of betting. The BB play is being able to choose to discard 2 cards or to have dealt any number of community board cards. The players must discard two and have a round of betting after but they may play the board. You see in "I'm bored" if you win with a bluff playing the board then your opponent must match the entire pot and your bet.

I will give you two sample hands.

SB posts 1, BB posts 2.

SB is dealt Ac3h5s9s. BB is dealt 3c9hTsQc.

SB raises to 6. BB calls.

BB elects to have two cards discarded. BB discards 3c9h and is left with QcTs. SB elects to discard 5s9s and is left with Ac3h.

BB checks. SB checks.

BB elects to have one community card dealt. The first community card is the 9d.

BB bets 3. SB calls.

BB elects to have three community cards dealt. The next three community cards are 5c7cTh.

BB checks. SB checks.

The last community card is the Kd.

BB bets 4, SB raises to 12, BB calls and wins.

HAND 2:

SB posts 1. BB posts 2.

BB is dealt 2c4hKcAh. SB is dealt 5d7d9sTc.

SB raises to 4. BB raises 12. SB calls.

BB elects to have 2 community cards dealt. The first two community cards are QsTh.

BB bets 8. SB calls.

BB elects to have 3 community cards dealt. The last three community cards are Kc7h6s.

BB checks. SB bets 9. BB calls.

BB discards AhKc. SB discards 5d9s.

BB bets 25. SB folds.

BB shows his hand, says "I'm bored," and rakes the pot plus 25.

Dedicated to The_Poster_Nick_Cage as an apology for intentionally giving the illusion of racism in an effort to deliberately tilt him.

"Cracked Cracka"

7 card stud. NL. 2-7 lowball. The river card is kept separate. The lowest river card splits with the lowest 5 card hand. If you fold half to a river bluff then you have to pay the bluff.

When a Jedi becomes a knight he must make his lightsaber. Part of this game is developing your own phrase that you must always say in a bluff. Ideally the phrase would imply that the other was racist and help you to re empower your culture.

Mine is "Was a cracked cracka made this game."

"Over the Moon"

Dedicated to the man that I love

1/2 pot bet sizing. 1/2 blind structure. Each player is dealt 5 cards. Then there is a round of betting. Then each player must discard 4 cards and show the other the discards. Then receive 4 new cards. Then there is a round of betting. Then each player must discard 3 cards and show the other the discards. Then receive 3 new cards. Then there is a round of betting. Then each player must discard 2 cards and show the other the discards. Then receive 2 new cards. Then there is a round of betting.

I guess that if you loose a hand you're a pretty sad panda. That is, unless, you shoot the moon.

After the river action the loser of the hand is given the opportunity to guess the rank of the next card off the deck. If they do that successfully they ship the pot. Hence "Over the Moon"

"Sisters"

Dedicated to the most beautiful sister in the world.

This game must be played heads up against a woman.

1/2 blind, NL structure with sb in position in rounds of betting.

Each is dealt 2 down and 1 up. Then there is a round of betting. Then each player may elect to discard and redraw either or both of his or her hole cards or stay pat. All additional cards come face down. After the draw, before a round of betting, each player is given two additional cards so that he or she has a 5 cards hand. Then there is a round of betting.

After the betting the BB may elect to end the hand and the best hand wins. Or the BB may elect to each take another card after which there is another round of betting.

Then the bb may elect to end the hand where the best 5 of 6 card hand wins or the bb may elect to take another card after which there is final round of betting and the best 5 of 7 card hand wins.

It is a cruel man who gives the secrets of this game away. Look how much she's smiling. If you get anywhere close to giving the secrets away, quit. Give her more smiles another day.

Luv- navy

"Cry baby"

Diamonds action but 2-7 lowball. Lowest 5 card hand wins half and lowest hand in the hole wins half. 24 in the hole would guarantee 1/4 in a heads up game.

Of course you pay river bluffs if you fold half.

Dedicated to ol navy himself.

"Quads"

Dedicated to a man who could figure it out if he had to.

each player is dealt 4 cards. The dealer goes first and must discard 1 face up and pull 1 from the deck. Then they may elect to bet or check. All betting is limit bet sizing.

After the betting action the next player may pick 1 up from from the deck or from the discard pile and then discard 1 into the discard pile and then elect to bet or check. And so on.

If you get quads or everyone else folds you win the pot.

"Einstein"

Dedicated to RodReynolds

Each player is dealt 3 cards. The dealer then may elect to post an ante of 1 and only 1. The OOP player may then call, raise or fold.

Then the OOP player flips one card and the player in position (Dealer) flips 1 card. Then a round of NL betting with the OOP going first.

Then the OOP player flips one card and the player in position (Dealer) flips 1 card. Then a round of NL betting with the OOP going first.

Then showdown.

Rank of cards in order:

A

T

K

Q

J

pairs beat high cards, 3 card straights beat pairs, trips beat straights. suits don't play. 26A is a wheel.

oh.

"Newton's Apple"

Dedicated to JJJ

1/2 blind structure. All betting is pot limit.

Each player is dealt two cards face down. The player OOP flips 1 and then the player in position flips 1. The other down card is kept underneath the up card. This down card is known as Newton's Apple. Each successive card is not to be mixed with Newton's Apple.

After the flip there is a round of betting. Then 3 down cards each with a round of betting between each. If you fold on the river but can successfully guess the rank of Newton's Apple you win the pot minus the river bet. If you call the river you may not guess Newton's Apple (rank) . If both players check the river then each guesses the other's Newton's Apple (rank) with the OOP player going first. Only if neither player guesses correctly does the pot go to the high hand. If both players guess correctly then the pot goes to the high hand.

I want to point out that this game is truly truly amazing.

After that last one it almost seemed a shame to keep going. Until...

"From 0 to Hero"

For SA21

1/2 Blind Structure. Pot limit bet sizing.

Each player is dealt 5 cards. They must discard 4. And the discards are turned over simultaneously. Then there is a round of betting. Each player then receives 4 new cards and they must discard 3. The discards are turned over simultaneously. Then there is a round of betting. Then each player chooses 3 cards from the others discards and has a final 5 card hand. And then there is a final round of betting.

Have fun with that one friend.

"You me, You me"

Dedicated to Zach "Boats" Henderson

1/2 Blinds. NL Structure.

Each player is dealt 1 down, 1 up. Round of betting, then the player OOP has the election to switch up cards. Then the player IP has the election to switch up cards. If the player OOP elects to switch the player IP may not switch back.

Then a round of betting. THEN THIRD STREET!

A card is dealt face down. Then the player OOP has the election to switch up cards. Then the player IP has the election to switch up cards. If the player OOP elects to switch on third the player IP MAY switch back. Then a final round of betting and showdown.

Standard card ranks.

pairs beat high cards, 3 card straights beat pairs, 3 card flushes beat straights. trips beat flushes. 3 card straight flushes beat trips.

"Sparkles"

Dedicated to Dirty Dutch

THE WORLD"S FIRST LOWBALL GAME THAT IS MORE FUN THAN IT'S HIGH-ONLY COUNTER-PART

1/2 Blinds. Limit bet sizing. A-5 Lowball.

Each player is dealt five cards. Each points at another's to be flipped.

Then a round of betting.

Then the player IP says "Higher" or "Lower". If the player says "Higher" then the player OOP must flip the next highest rank card. If the player says "Lower" then the player OOP must flip the next lowest rank card.

Then OOP says higher or lower and a card is flipped. And then a round of betting.

And then each takes turns saying higher or lower and a card is flipped and a final round of betting then showdown.

If you say "Higher" and the opponent has no higher cards then they do not have to flip and may pull a card from the deck.

If you say "Lower" and the opponent has no lower cards then they do not have to flip and may draw 4 cards from the deck.

That is with a lot of love.

"Big Balloons"

Dedicated to Rob

Only Heads Up. Each player puts 100 in the pot.

The hand is played like Hold 'Em so each is dealt two cards. The Dealer may then elect to take up to 20% of the pot and return each players money back. Then IP is given that same election. Then a flop. then IP is given the election. then Dealer and so on back and forth. Then turn. Then elections. Then river. Then election. Then Showdown.

"Election" being taking 20% from the pot and returning it to each player.

Check-Raises are allowed.

"Of Course"

dedicated to Checky McFold

each player is given 1 of each rank A-2

Each player antes.

Each take turns pulling 1 card at a time from the others hand and there's a round of betting between each round of pulls with OOP having first option to bet or check. No one may fold.

When each player is left with 1 card the highest card wins the pot. If they each have the same card then the pot is split.

"Wait, What"

For Troyomac

1/2 Blind Structure.

NL Triple Draw. Split pot game where you need a 2-7 hand to qualify for low and a flush or better to qualify for high. If both players qualify the same way then the higher high or the lower low.

"Zipper Hold Em"

Deck is only played with A-2 diamonds and A-2 hearts.

1/2 Blind Structure. NL betting.

Each player is dealt 1 hole card. Round of betting. Flop. Betting. Turn. Betting. River. Betting. Showdown.

High card

Two in a row

Pair

Suited two in a row

Two pair

Trips

Straight

Flush

Etc.

Enjoy that one buddy.