• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY   Dedicated to Marchant (CobaltBlue) and Gary (GWCGWC)   The first step is to understand that "random" is just a word. No series of numbers is beyond a some sort of predict

This game is called "Diamonds" and I'm dedicating it to MinhLyFan.   I will explain the game as though it were being played HU.   Players post BB and SB. Each player is dealt 3 cards. The player

Trading currencies, huh? How's that working out for you? Know much about bitcoins?   For what it's worth:   MinhLyFan Last Active Aug 08 2009 08:45 PM

His best option is to play Stripes against me. He'll play closer to his actual age playing this way, of course then I play Sirens and while I still have a monstrous edge it's not as large as the converse.

BUUUUTTTT... I have to play Sirens when your son is a Stripes man. And so I've spent my whole life as a Stripes man who thinks only about beating sirens and now I have no idea about beating a Stripes man.

So I would have an edge but I am forced to change strategies.

NOW, when you play my son and he plays Stripes, he plays his exact age since you're leveraging him directly. Of course, if he plays Sirens it's you w/ a huge edge depending on how talented he is.

You may play him to a tie depending on how talented you are. No matter what he plays.

An edge is created by being able to play to your age.

lllleeeetttssss talk about Magnitude or the size of the game.

Heads Up Limit Hold'em = 6.56 x 10^19 Game States *

The Universe = 10^82 Atoms *

100 Stack Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em = 6.18 x 10^504 Game States *

Would you be so kind as to guess how many game states Stripes has?

* rough guess

p.s. NLHE = Bigger than PLO

Whatever psychology you have to this game is completely natural.

Whenever I get on a bicycle my first instinct is to quit because the seat hurts because it was designed by a brilliant engineer who didn't know shit about shit.

NOW because of you my second instinct is to do better than my best.

Let's go over what we know.

1) Nothing

God asked Job if he (Job) was there when he (God) created the leviathan.

Ready **********?

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! "well done men" SNAP!

edit: THATS SUPPOSED TO SAY C OC K SU CKER!

how about a little friendly banter between hands.

For whatever reason when playing Stripes it feels natural to wanna cuss out Sirens.

Even if he is a nogoodrottensunofagun. <3

Buddy, you have been playing a game the same size as NLHE. (Oh, btw my above calculations could be wildly off)

I've been playing a game twice the size of yours.

May both our sons be Sirens men.

Let me tell you about my brother Phillip.

As is often the case in broken marriages the real truth depends on the one telling the story. As the youngest of four brothers and with the relatively young age at which his parents split, only recently has he begun to have a greater grasp of all the love involved.

He takes pride in his food. Writing this now I wonder if that's because there were times when he felt he could not.

He loves people in the most beautiful ways.

He was called by his middle name when he was younger. Writing this now I wonder if I might feel more comfortable calling him Jim in front of his dad.

He knows what a woman looks like and he knows when it's time to focus on his own happiness.

He loves to golf. I mean really loves to golf.

Brother, would you do me the honor of discussing the game with me here?

I think this is a good time for this post.

Games are beautiful. I mean, really, really beautiful. Think about it. Think about How much love can games create, whether you're playing board games as a way to bond with people close to you or develop relationships that are new, or playing card games with strangers that over a few hours can feel like family. People sympathize with your defeats, and you theirs. People love to see others succeed, even at their own expense sometimes, if you bring love to the game. If you're playing games alone, against yourself, or against the game itself, you can neutralize all the ugliness of the world and your gameplay always promotes a sense of self love at the same time. That's a beautiful thing, a very beautiful thing. If you're playing online, with love, as in the GO community, you can start a game with a stranger and leave with a brother, a teacher, an incredible adversary. But you always win, when you're playing with love, for love, of the game. But too often, this beauty is tragically turned into hate.

Games, for far too many people, become wars. The idea of victory and defeat distracts people from the incredible beauty of exactly what is taking place and they are lost trying to kill the man or machine with whom they are going to war. At this point, people are literally willing to do anything to win, sacrifice anything to be victorious, proving nothing other than something ugly, completely destroying the love inherent in games. This is an absolute travesty. I used to be the most ferocious warrior in the world, but not anymore.

I want to take this time to express that I may be a gamesman and an athlete, but I will never try to defeat anyone. I only enjoy playing games and solving games for the love that it involves and the beauty one sees along the way. Victory, for me, is in the uncovering and execution of the solutions, not in the defeats of others. And to be put in the situation to do so only destroys the love inherent in games and their play. So, I would love to discuss stripes, diamonds, and golf. But I am never going to beat anyone. I will only try to beat the games through love and show the world what it truly means to be a gamesman.

So yes, I will play like me and you will play like you, but I will never try to beat you.

• Like 1

One time I played a hand of 5 card stud to the river and never looked at my card in the hole. The truth is it didn't matter.

Let's say we were playing limit hold em. I could know my opponent and the cards to come (Punto/Blanco) so well that what he is holding doesn't matter.

I'm forced to play this hand blind. And this aint hold em.

God blessed man with shame. As a result we are naturally afraid to be wrong. This is 100% natural. When we are faced with questions that we are not 100% sure of the answer to we weigh our likelihood of being right against the joys and suffering we might face.

We are a creature of desire. "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need." Think about living self-sustained in a cabin in the woods. Think about living on a tiny sailboat. Weigh those great pleasures against having the world's greatest fuck buddy for life. Our possessions at their natures are to attract mates. Again, 100% natural.

Combine the thought of shame with blindness that accompanies strong desire and important questions go unanswered.

the perfect game was golf. (just for the time being of course)

if you couldn't profit off it, should you first ask why?

Brother, I asked you a very serious question. Just as all my questions in this thread are serious. It went unanswered.

I don't know if you can or can't profit off it. But I was hoping that you and I could determine then, instead of now, the nature of your ability to profit in golf.

I know that your head and your heart are not currently living in congruency.

Games, for far too many people, become wars. The idea of victory and defeat distracts people from the incredible beauty of exactly what is taking place and they are lost trying to kill the man or machine with whom they are going to war. At this point, people are literally willing to do anything to win, sacrifice anything to be victorious, proving nothing other than something ugly, completely destroying the love inherent in games. This is an absolute travesty. I used to be the most ferocious warrior in the world, but not anymore.

I want to take this time to express that I may be a gamesman and an athlete, but I will never try to defeat anyone. I only enjoy playing games and solving games for the love that it involves and the beauty one sees along the way. Victory, for me, is in the uncovering and execution of the solutions, not in the defeats of others. And to be put in the situation to do so only destroys the love inherent in games and their play. So, I would love to discuss stripes, diamonds, and golf. But I am never going to beat anyone. I will only try to beat the games through love and show the world what it truly means to be a gamesman.

You and I played a golf match. You won. It probably was with tears in my eyes that I asked you what we were on the course. "Teammates" you said.

"Teammates" I believed.

Between that day and our next meeting I solved for you the most difficult problem in all of golf. I want to discuss the difficulty because it will satisfy in me that you are as aware of it as I want you to be.

1) You and I were the only ones aware of the problem.

2) You were satisfied in an incorrect guess until questioned.

3) The problem has a trap-door. I honestly believe that if you asked the problem of the physicist I admire most he would have fallen down the same trap-door I initially did.

4) It was through unbridled creativity that the ah-ha moment came.

And the next time I saw you you wanted to be on Tiger's team.

I thought you wanted to beat him.

Do you honestly believe in your heart that I would have worked on the problem to sell it to ANYONE, let alone the guy that I thought we wanted to beat?

You should. I must admit that I am ashamed that I prostituted my brain to a solution for money, and on more than one occasion too. My excuse is that I was lonely, but we'll talk about my pain tolerance in a bit.

Let's talk about where we go from here. When you say:

Victory, for me, is in the uncovering and execution of the solutions, not in the defeats of others. And to be put in the situation to do so only destroys the love inherent in games and their play.

I know that this is your heart.

I do not know the heart of any other.

If you want to know the potential heart of a man you do not know read your post.

You need to get your head and your heart in line. Dude, You know I know it sucks to have your balls handed to you, but you need to decide what your goals with golf are. If they are anything less than being the best golfer in the world then I can't be on your team. And I refuse to continue to prostitute the blessings I can't think the Lord enough for to men I do not know.

And since I am playing this hand blind. :-)

I used to be the most ferocious warrior in the world, but not anymore.

Now it's me.

And since you want to be the best golfer in the world you gotta be better than me.

I got my body temperature down to 94.6 before I proved to myself without doubt that there was no cold at which I can be broked.

DO NOT GO LOWER THAN 90! DO NOT GET OUT OF THE BATH TOO FAST!

Go to a camping store and get a wool hat and the thickest wool socks they have.

You're gonna need a bath. I can't remember if you have one. If you don't you'll need to rent a motel room for a week or so.

Cause we do it like the SEALS. Evolutions. A new one each night.

1) Hold ice cube for as long as you can.

2) Hold ice cube until it melts.

3) Take a cold shower.

4) (Sitting) Take a cold shower leaning under the water then back fast (back and forth)

5) (Sitting) Take a cold shower leaning under the water then back slow (back and forth)

6) Take a cold bath

7) Take cold bath with some ice cubes

8) Take a cold bath with a medium amount of ice cubes

9) Take a cold bath with a LOT of ice cubes

10) PUT YOURSELF ON ICE

11?) As a celebration waterboard yourself.

Notes: Do each on consecutive nights and until you know that each cannot break you. Start taking your temperature at #3. I'd tell you how to get a thermometer but that's the funnest part. make sure you have one BEFORE you start.

Taking a cold shower these days sucks far worse than it did when I was back there. 100% naturel. Paranoia has nothing to do with strength and weakness. But that's why it needs to be consecutive nights.

You don't need to be the fiercest warrior in the world, but you have to be as fierce as me if we're still teammates. And since I know we still are, I have no problem sharing with you that I know you think I don't practice enough. I promise you that I'm going to be the best 6iron player in the world.

Oh, Sirens men are seen as assholes, that's just the game. And the funnest part is when we draw five. That means we know Exactly where you are.

snap! snap! snaps! snap! snap!

My entire draft for this post was deleted as I uploaded it because my iPad died.

I want to begin by stating that Love is the foundation on which my heart and soul are built, and as a result, I am 100% in control of my own happiness. So lets talk about what that means.

One, I am not living out of alignment. Love being the foundation of my heart and soul, I can easily "profit" from anything that I Love. I never thought that was in question. I Love golf, more than I Love poker, so whether or not I will make money, or how much, from the game is completely up to me. I didn't answer this question, because it is of no significance whether or not I can profit from the game. That is not my long term goal. Now, lets talk about the implications of your accusation that I am not living in alignment and that shame, pain, and fear have anything to do with my life.

When Love is truly in your heart, you do not feel shame, because you are not proud. And by virtue of that, there is no pain associated with answering question. Even if there were, Love conquers all, and I am in 100% control of my own happiness, so there is no amount of pain that can make me fearful. I have explained this to you before, and yet you still think that I am out of alignment and am living in fear. (Why is that? And why are you the one that has yet to open the snowflake?)

With that being said, am I in a situation to ever have my heart handed to me by another man, no matter who that man is?

I Love golf, but Love, THAT is the TRUE solution to the REAL game, not just toys. If you do not see that by virtue of Love, I am going to play Golfs solution better than anyone, you WOULD think that I am living out of alignment. And Being on Tigers team allows me to achieve my ultimate goal more effectively and efficiently than any other route. But that doesn't mean he will ever truly understand the solution. But if he does, I will achieve my hearts ultimate goal. And if he doesn't, I will, again, achieve my hearts ultimate goal.

I didn't ask you to solve golfs most difficult problem to sell it to anyone for a monetary profit. I asked you because I am trying to achieve the goal founded in my heart. If you prostituted your mind with the solution, you're the only one responsible for those feelings, and I pray that Love shows you that you don't need to feel that.

Moving on.

if you are a warrior, you will never play the solution. It may be a truth that you must be a warrior en route to the solution. I don't think so, but I could not say with any matter of certainty at this point. As for me, I will never be a warrior again, but ill let decide whether or not that makes me a worthy adversary.

And you SAY that you will be the worlds best 6i player, but what does that mean? Will it mean that one day you'll be able to execute closest to golfs solution with a 6i in your hand, or just that you would know how to do that better than anyone if you cared enough to execute. Because I can currently do both better than you, and you're trying to be MY teammate.

As for the training, I agree that it is necessary, but I want to talk to you about that. Because, I think we can come up with something with a better.

As for you looking like a jerk as part of your solution, I know what's in your heart, and so my perception is difficult to change. But I don't know about anyone else's. Personally, I will always choose Love. It is the TRUE solution.

Now, I hope that this post shows you that I am in alignment, because two hearts of Love are more effective than one. If you still cannot see or believe the foundation of my heart and soul, and that my brain is at their whim, I will not stop posting until it is clear.

And Being on Tigers team allows me to achieve my ultimate goal more effectively and efficiently than any other route.

You talk about love like it is something you read about.

Because you keep breaking my heart like it's nothing. Because you say it is with love and then you choose to try to walk a path next to a man you do not know.

Being on my team allows you to achieve your ultimate goal more effectively and efficiently than any other route. Or at least it did.

We're not teammates any more.

Sorry shithead. <3 <3

And now I am put in the precarious position of either

a) very uncomfortably keeping what I know from the world out of respect to what we were on the course.

b) divulging what I know, to your distaste

You know my heart. Who did this to me?

And why are you the one that has yet to open the snowflake?

Some of the other garbage in your post doesn't warrant a response, but this does.

I don't really give too big a fuck about it. I gave the world what a snowflake is. I gave the world a model that disproves Nash. I really don't have anything to prove to anyone but one man.

My name already survives me.

You can't imagine what I risked putting myself on ice. Why? To what end? I am going to experience pain in this lifetime. And nearly every step I take now is going to increase the pain. God has amazingly beautiful intentions, but I'm the perfect *******.

You want to know why I haven't opened the snowflake? Post it here and find out.

Do you even know what the beginning of understanding is?

See the beginnings of my love for you.

Between that day and our next meeting I solved for you the most difficult problem in all of golf. I want to discuss the difficulty because it will satisfy in me that you are as aware of it as I want you to be.

1) You and I were the only ones aware of the problem.

2) You were satisfied in an incorrect guess until questioned.

3) The problem has a trap-door. I honestly believe that if you asked the problem of the physicist I admire most he would have fallen down the same trap-door I initially did.

4) It was through unbridled creativity that the ah-ha moment came.

Am I allowed to ask what the most difficult problem in all of golf is? (Or should I have figured it out by now?)