Boston Marathon Bombing

Well over half of Americans believe that the earth is less than 10K years old. A large portion of Americans believe that Bigfoot is real, Astrology is based on fact, vaccines cause autism, and global warming is a hoax. Being reprehensible or unethical relates to whether those beliefs actually harm other people.

Not on topic but Bigfoot shouldn't be on this list.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I usually think of the sick thread first, and go there first. Then I go to twitter, cnn, 4bb, and then usually back to the sick thread, which might be finished loading.

Humans are the worst.

I'm pretty sure that the response to the marathon bombing vs the response to the Texas explosion are vastly different because one was an accident, and the other was purposeful.

I never said it did. I was pretty explicit that anyone who promotes the desire to inflict harm on others is unethical.

I am saying that everyone automatically getting their feel good jollies that it wasn't a Christian fundie, or placing the blame on all of Islam is missing the boat and won't serve to get the point across as effectively. I can see people like BG and all the Fundies exploiting the bombing to promote their own agendas which is wrong-headed.

Furthermore, I can list dozens of tweets alone that prior to the bombing people were accusing the bombers of being "godless" like I mentioned prior. Their mantra is "give me money, give me power, hate the athiest". Now it is "give me money, give me power, hate the Islamics". The exploitation is similar to ideologies that say, "hate the homosexuals" or "hate the abortionists" etc...

I never said it did. I was pretty explicit that anyone who promotes the desire to inflict harm on others is unethical.

I am saying that everyone automatically getting their feel good jollies that it wasn't a Christian fundie, or placing the blame on all of Islam is missing the boat and won't serve to get the point across as effectively. I can see people like BG and all the Fundies exploiting the bombing to promote their own agendas which is wrong-headed.

That's just the way is is, just like after each school shooting in the US right or wrong the gun control lobby gets to bolster it's argument.

If it doesn't fit with someone world view they will run interference rather than just giving a point to the other side.

He fell for the bait,

When there is no way to rationally win the argument for Islamic terrorists, then throw mud around and see what sticks.

The beautiful irony is how dismissive their response for my responding to their mud.

They actually are acting like I am the one changing the subject....for responding to their posts.

Guns and violence is a problem. We've had thousands of murders in the US since the Sandy bombing, almost all of them were Christians liberals that committed the murders as well.

Fixed your post as already proven on the last page.

Curious how Canada is sticking their nose in other people's business so much to merit an attack from al qeada?

I mean that was one of the little leftist chants about 9-11, even went so far as to quote an Onion story that traveling Americans were claiming they were Canadians which became gospel truth on the left ( an Onion story, its too good )

So with the notion that America had 'some complicity' to al qeada's hatred of us, I'm just wondering what Canada did recently to give al qeada justification to attack them?

What do we need to understand?

Good pictures from a guy above the shoot out in Boston

Amazing pictures, but that's one stupid cul-de-sac ************ to be taking pictures in the middle of that shit.

Pretty amazing how many people have literally no idea whatsoever what bullets can do when they start flying between heavily armed factions shooting at each other in a panic. As a veteran bystander of a few Chicago gangbanger shootouts, they're not fun.

In that spot, I'm inside that house putting as much hard material as I can between me and the situation going on outside. No chance I'm hanging out the window taking pictures.

500 KG of...

Take this bullshit somewhere else. It's not wanted on our continent.

Your thought process as shown by you doubling down on a really really dumb statement is astounding.

They used what they had access to. They didn't have 500 KG of Semtex or some radioactive medical waste to make a dirty bomb.

Saying that oh they aren't so bad since they only set off a Claymore Mine like bomb and not something really really nasty is amazing.

Point out where I said "oh they aren't so bad". You guys are putting words in my mouth. I'm not arguing these guys were not religiously-motivated, were not terrorists, or were not evil, crazy murderers.

Conservative Christians:

120620-baptist-gay-rights-308pm.photoblog600.jpg

Islamists:

nikab-22.jpg

lol. I was hoping the picture of Christians would be from a KKK gathering. That'd be a more accurate representation if we're drawing analogies of a meeting of Muslims to terrorists.

Yes, prior to the Marathon bombings there had been precisely one terrorist attack carried out by radical jihadists in recent years. 1. One. Since Bob only linked to one, that means there has only been one.

MADRID TRAIN BOMBING [191 killed. 1460 injured]

7/7 [53 killed, 700 injured]

9/11 [3000 killed]

WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBING ('93) [6 killed]

US EMBASSY BOMBINGS IN TANZANIA AND KENYA [224 killed, 4000 injured]

1993 MUMBAI BOMBINGS [257 killed, 700 injured]

2006 MUMBAI BOMBINGS [207 killed, 700 injured]

COIMBATORE BOMBINGS [46 killed, 200 injured]

USS COLE BOMBING [17 killed, 39 injured]

AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY BOMBING [9 killed, 150 injured]

DELHI BOMBINGS [60 killed, 180 injured]

MOSCOW AIRPORT BOMBING [37 killed, 180 injured]

This is a very small sample. I did not include any attacks in Israel, for example, where the vast majority of Islamic jihadist bombings take place. I also did not include any failed attacks.

You specified Western attacks, which eliminates almost everything on that list. If we're including the entire world, make sure you point out all the drones and bombs dropped in Middle Eastern countries by the West over the last 40 years or so.

Another intellectual giant from the left.

We have to ask ourselves: What did we do wrong? How did American intolerance alienate the Tsarnaev Brothers? Perhaps the political climate was not welcoming enough, too conservative, ignorant, xenophobic, and right-wing. A quick search shows that Cambridge, MA was only the second most pro-Obama town in Massachusetts:

Apparently this is sarcastic, so I won't bother responding, but I will point out that type of ideology is harmful.

This is a real problem, it's sad that there is a ready supply of, you could say "useful idiots" refuse to alter their conclusions in the face of reality.

I hope that he is just playing devil advocate and is not truly brainwashed to the extent that his posts indicate.

See the response to Bob's post. To be clear, I refuse to change what I knew yesterday when knew evidence is presented today. What I know today is more, and may well be different from yesterday, but it doesn't change that what I knew yesterday did not include that information. You guys "knew" these guys were Islamic Jihadists before enough information had been reported to draw that conclusion, based on "patterns," which I've explained how are a terrible way to predict these things, especially when your list of "evidence" is extremely short, and presents as many dissimilarities as similarities.

These kids had money, the older one had a family, they had been living in the U.S. for a long time. One is dead, the other is barely able to communicate. They have quite a bit of family in North America, all of whom have decried the actions but are not under suspicion (well, I'm sure they are, but none have been accused). And yet, we all "know" it is a Jihadist plot. How? George W Bush successfully brainwashed a nation, despite never finding the WMDs. Fear is a powerful tool, and Bush won a Civil War with it.

lol. I was hoping the picture of Christians would be from a KKK gathering. That'd be a more accurate representation if we're drawing analogies of a meeting of Muslims to terrorists.

The KKK numbers are infinitesimal to the numbers of Christians in the world. maybe 1/100000th ( that's even granting you that they are Christians )

The number of radical islamics is 1/10th of their numbers, or about 130 million - 200million of them.

According to Daniel Pipes, Harvard author and Arabologist, it varies by continent and country. In Europe, he estimates 50%, but in Turkey, it is only about 20% due to the active resistance by the government of Iranian incursions, propaganda and influence. In the US, about 80% of mosques are radically led. As concerns worldwide Muslims, Pipes estimates 10-15% are Islamist (radical).

Welcome to facts, they must look strange to you.

These kids had money, the older one had a family, they had been living in the U.S. for a long time. One is dead, the other is barely able to communicate. They have quite a bit of family in North America, all of whom have decried the actions but are not under suspicion (well, I'm sure they are, but none have been accused). And yet, we all "know" it is a Jihadist plot. How? George W Bush successfully brainwashed a nation, despite never finding the WMDs. Fear is a powerful tool, and Bush won a Civil War with it.

"It's Bush's fault" the world thinks radical islamics who kill innocent people, to the tune of thousands every year, are jihadist!

Apparently this is sarcastic, so I won't bother responding, but I will point out that type of ideology is harmful.

The idiot who wrote this is real. As anyone with a brain reading this post could understand.

It is an epidemic of stupidity that is spreading around the world. The same epidemic that makes the US not charge the Fort Hood terrorist as a terrorist, but instead as a work place violence incident.

Even though he shouted radical islamic phrases and is in fact a radical islamic nutjob.

The KKK numbers are infinitesimal to the numbers of Christians in the world. maybe 1/100000th ( that's even granting you that they are Christians )

The number of radical islamics is 1/10th of their numbers, or about 130 million - 200million of them.

Welcome to facts, they must look strange to you.

"It's Bush's fault" the world thinks radical islamics who kill innocent people, to the tune of thousands every year, are jihadist!

Hilarious misleading scare tactic. Walk into 80% of mosques, listen to the sermon, and tell me if those people are terrorists. The "radical" definition of their leaders could be applied to 80% of churches, if applied fairly. Hate is hate, whether its against opulence, women, the State or homosexuals.

The idiot who wrote this is real. As anyone with a brain reading this post could understand.

It is an epidemic of stupidity that is spreading around the world. The same epidemic that makes the US not charge the Fort Hood terrorist as a terrorist, but instead as a work place violence incident.

Even though he shouted radical islamic phrases and is in fact a radical islamic nutjob.

lol "in fact a radical islamic nutjob" - your definition of fact varies differently than the dictionary's.

If that quote was from someone serious, that person is an idiot.

The same epidemic of stupidity that allows the United States to not read someone their Miranda rights for an indefinite period of time, even after any immediate threat is lifted, based on opinions and evidence which will never be made public.

The same epidemic of stupidity that allows the United States to not read someone their Miranda rights for an indefinite period of time, even after any immediate threat is lifted, based on opinions and evidence which will never be made public.

Actually it's 48 hours, then they did in fact read him his rights.

You probably would know that if you read the facts about the case.

And the reason we have the 48 hour clause is when we want to question a subject about an imminent threat. Which the FBI decided they wanted to know first.

Personally I would have sent the kid to Gitmo and if he failed to cooperate I would have used all the enhanced interrogation techniques that the courts have ruled are legal and President Obama kept as an option including water boarding.

And the kid would never leave Gitmo alive.

Here is a good article from a right wing fanatic who answers the baited question "Did the Boston bombing change your opinion of islam?"

But if you came here to see me set flame to the Religion of Peace ®, then I’m afraid you’ve come to the wrong place. For as Jesus Himself said in the Sermon on the Mount, “Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.” Wait, strike that. Got the holy books from my comparative religion class mixed up again. Turns out that was the Quran.

Curious how Canada is sticking their nose in other people's business so much to merit an attack from al qeada?

I mean that was one of the little leftist chants about 9-11, even went so far as to quote an Onion story that traveling Americans were claiming they were Canadians which became gospel truth on the left ( an Onion story, its too good )

So with the notion that America had 'some complicity' to al qeada's hatred of us, I'm just wondering what Canada did recently to give al qeada justification to attack them?

What do we need to understand?

Thankfully it was muslims that alerted and prevented the attack by notifying authorities.

And the reason we have the 48 hour clause is when we want to question a subject about an imminent threat. Which the FBI decided they wanted to know first.

Personally I would have sent the kid to Gitmo and if he failed to cooperate I would have used all the enhanced interrogation techniques that the courts have ruled are legal and President Obama kept as an option including water boarding.

Yep, spoken like a true Regressive. You guys scream bloody murder about the constitution when it favors your agenda like gun control and piss on it when doesn't. Wanting to see him murdered and tortured and die is also the kind of behavior that I would say is immoral and unethical, but that feeds into the conservative "honor code" of values. There is nothing wrong with many of those values such as sanctity, loyalty, and respect for authority but I thnk we can note that those same things bind tribes, religons and authoritarian governments as well. It also explains their (and BG's) lack of empathy and concern for equality and fairness (especially to a 19 year old).

It also explains why conservatives been a proponent of the lower class submitting fealty to the upper class. You know, because "tradition" and "our leader" says so. Given a chance half of them would probably support vows of chastity, obedience, poverty and silence.

Thankfully liberals have moved past this and simply want to be personally convinced. Show them reason and facts and let people decide for themselves. They aren't about to bow to authority, to the king, the preacher, the Imam or the CEO; or to any superior force or status.

This kid deserves punishment as warning to others that might attempt it. He needs to be put away where he can't harm others. Torture and murdering him simply fills your own whacked out personal agenda which isn't much better than the person you aim to punish.

Thankfully it was muslims that alerted and prevented the attack by notifying authorities.

Yep, spoken like a true Regressive. You guys scream bloody murder about the constitution when it favors your agenda like gun control and piss on it when doesn't. Wanting to see him murdered and tortured and die is also the kind of behavior that I would say is immoral and unethical, but that feeds into the conservative "honor code" of values. There is nothing wrong with many of those values such as sanctity, loyalty, and respect for authority but I thnk we can note that those same things bind tribes, religons and authoritarian governments as well. It also explains their (and BG's) lack of empathy and concern for equality and fairness (especially to a 19 year old).

It also explains why conservatives been a proponent of the lower class submitting fealty to the upper class. You know, because "tradition" and "our leader" says so. Given a chance half of them would probably support vows of chastity, obedience, poverty and silence.

Thankfully liberals have moved past this and simply want to be personally convinced. Show them reason and facts and let people decide for themselves. They aren't about to bow to authority, to the king, the preacher, the Imam or the CEO; or to any superior force or status.

This kid deserves punishment as warning to others that might attempt it. He needs to be put away where he can't harm others. Torture and murdering him simply fills your own whacked out personal agenda which isn't much better than the person you aim to punish.

Martin_Richard_Victim_Facebook_Class_Photo_620x350.jpg

Maybe you should actually read up on this. His Miranda rights were read after 48 hours, yes, but I was speaking generally. The law allows the rights to be delayed indefinitely, even after the immediate threat is gone, as long as it was initially waived due to an initial threat.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/04/dzhokhar_tsarnaev_and_miranda_rights_the_public_safety_exception_and_terrorism.html

Also seems unreasonable that it took 48 hours AFTER CAPTURE for the U.S. to determine that he wasn't hiding any more bombs out there, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it takes a little extra time when you have to wake someone up from a medically induced coma to get testimony.

Here is a good article from a right wing fanatic who answers the baited question "Did the Boston bombing change your opinion of islam?"

Funny for two reasons - the Bible is just as bad, and there's no reason an already-negative opinion would be changed by more negativity.

Maybe you should actually read up on this. His Miranda rights were read after 48 hours, yes, but I was speaking generally. The law allows the rights to be delayed indefinitely, even after the immediate threat is gone, as long as it was initially waived due to an initial threat.

http://www.slate.com..._terrorism.html

Also seems unreasonable that it took 48 hours AFTER CAPTURE for the U.S. to determine that he wasn't hiding any more bombs out there, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it takes a little extra time when you have to wake someone up from a medically induced coma to get testimony.

So they followed the law, the one that says they can wait 48 hours, and your point is that they 'could' have disobeyed the law and that makes them bad?

Funny for two reasons - the Bible is just as bad, and there's no reason an already-negative opinion would be changed by more negativity.

Saying something over and over again without proving it is called rhetoric.

Feel free to show how the Bible commands it's followers to put non-believers to the sword.

YOU are the one equating conservative Christianity with radical Islamism. YOU. The KKK is not representative of "conservative Christianity."

In fact, the KKK is a relatively good analogy to help us understand radical Islamism, though the KKK is certainly less violent and widespread than radical Islamism at this point in history. But what you don't understand is that I'm not talking about Islam in general. Radical Islamism is not the same as Islam. I've stated this about 17 times now but you keep pretending to not understand it, or maybe you really don't understand it. Radical Islamism is a radical offshoot of Islam. Radical Islamism is a radical offshoot of Islam. Radical Islamism is a radical offshoot of Islam. Radical Islamism is a radical offshoot of Islam. Conservative Christianity is a generally non-violent, non-radical sect of Christianity. The comparison is laughable.