Wsop Asia Pacific Main Event - Daniel Wins 5Th Bracelet And $1 Million

KAHLE BURNS ELIMINATED IN 5TH PLACE ($201,994)

Hand #131

Returning from the break and it really didn’t take long for the action to occur.

Local player Kahle Burns got all his chips in preflop holding Q♠ J♦ and had to come up against Daniel Negreanu’s A♦ K♠.

Burns was up on his feet as the dealer spread out a T♠ 8♦ 3♣ flop. That gave Burns a straight sweat, while he still had outs to hit his pair.

Unfortunately for Burns the turn brought about a 6♠ and the river a T♦ and just like that the young Aussie was sent home in 5th place.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event Day 4 Ends 5 minutes ago           Chip leader Benny Spindler     The sun has set on Day 4 of the WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event and we finally have our official

Yup I'll post links closer to when things start.

gogogogogogo gl Daniel tid this

Watching the final table online..

Daniel is absolutely steam rolling over Kahle Burns.

Very interested to know what you had i had on J969K board when you re raised the turn and bet 540k on the river.

Good luck Daniel, looks like you have pretty good control of the final table.. Time to bring home the bracelet :)

my guess he had J9, J6, or 69

Bob did you play with Winfred Yu as well back in the days,

He has played very well at this FT especially being SS

wow sick double up by Winfred Yu as he cracked Daniels AA

Hand #145

Winfred Yu open-jammed the button for around 400,000 and Daniel Negreanu squeezed his cards before giving a wry smile and making the call.

Yu: Q 6

Negreanu: A A

Unbelievably Negreanu found aces in the big blind but it wasn’t over just yet as the flop landed T 4 2. The room let out a collective “oooh” but Negreanu cheered for some reason, clearly enjoying the suspense.

The ooohs turned to groans when the 5 fell on the turn to give Yu a flush.

“Now I can win!” laughed Negreanu referring to his ace of spades, but the river bricked the Q to see Yu survive another all-in clash!

Yes I knew Winfred quite well. We both played in a lot of the same games a life time ago. He's a very nice guy and currently plays in the biggest cash games in the World in Macau.

how many lives does Winfred have got to be about the 10 double ups since this ft started

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 2m

6,230,000 end level 25 got half the chips 4 handed going to 30k-60k 10k ante next. I'm just having a blast. The key to success? FUN!

Pretty fair assessment i had a similar read on the situation but i didn't think Daniel filled up, felt like he had 9 8,9 7 or even a 9 10 type of hand.

Burns did some commentary after he got knocked out and said he had K6, Understandable tank on the river.

I just want to see Winfred Yu and Daniel Negreanu heads up that would be pretty awesome

Yu has survived like 24634 all ins lol

GEORGE TSATSIS ELIMINATED IN 4TH PLACE ($284,715)

Hand #172

Daniel Negreanu opened it up again, making it 130,000 from under the gun. George Tsatsis three-bet to 290,000 from the button. Back on Negreanu and he made the call.

The Q♠ J♠ J♦ flop would see Negreanu check and Tsatsis bet 275,000. Negreanu made the call and the dealer flipped over a 4♦ turn. Negreanu checked again and Tsatsis slid out a big stack of chips. It was 510,000 to Negreanu.

After a few moments, Negreanu leaned back in his chair and moved all in. Tsatsis made a quick call and the two players turned their hands over.

Negreanu: A♥ Q♥

Tsatsis: J♥ 9♥

Negreanu had ran into the trips of Tsatsis and it was looking like the Aussie would be doubling up. That is, until the Q♦ was slapped on the river, giving Negreanu the better full house.

Just like that, we had lost Tsatsis in 4th place, for which he picked up $284,715.

WINFRED YU ELIMINATED IN 3RD PLACE ($423,225)

Hand #194

Winfred Yu had the button and he raised to 150,000. Daniel Negreanu called in the big blind and the flop landed 2♠ 8♠ A♠. Negreanu checked it over to Yu and he declared himself all in for around one million. Negreanu insta-called and the cards were on their backs.

Yu: A♦ K♥

Negreanu: J♠ 9♠

Yu had top pair but Negreanu’s run of cards continued as he had already flopped the flush. It was going to be a miracle for Yu to get out of this one, and he couldn’t survive as the T♠ turn and T♦ river saw Yu’s epic run come to an end. He survived eight previous all-in clashes before finally running out of lives in 3rd place for $423,225 in prize money.

There will now be a short break as they setup the final table for heads-up play.

HEADS-UP CHIP COUNTS

The final table is nearly set for heads-up play. The chips are ready, we’re just waiting for a cool one million Aussie dollars to be wheeled up on to the stage. Daniel Negreanu is holding a massive chip lead after a dominant performance so far.

Daniel Negreanu – 11,010,000

Daniel Marton – 1,150,000

Can Negreanu go all the way and capture his 5th WSOP bracelet or will the little-known Daniel Marton shock the world with a comeback for the ages? We’ll be under way in a few minutes. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Just got off my plane from Madrid ... OMG !!! Go Daniel Go !!! :icon_surprised: :icon_surprised:

Marton has 8 4 v Daniel's 8 A ... and Marton makes a gutshot straight ? :icon_sick: :icon_sick: Unreal. Yes Marton ... the powerhouse 8 4 :icon_shifty:

Hand #209

Daniel Negreanu had the button when he raised it up to 125,000. Daniel Marton didn’t take too long before moving all in.

“Count it,” said Negreanu with a sigh.

It was 1,700,000 to call and call, Negreanu did.

Negreanu: A♥ 8♣

Marton: 8♦ 4♠

Negreanu was a huge favourite to win the hand, but the 7♠ 5♦ A♦ flop certainly had him sweating. When the 6♥ hit the turn, Negreanu slammed the table in frustration as Marton had made his straight.

Marton was destined to double up, but the 9♦ hit the river and gave the players a chop. Negreanu didn’t realize this as he was still frustrated, but eventually saw the board.

“Oh we chop!” Negreanu exclaimed. The room erupted in laughter.

• Like 1

Congratulations for winning the WSOP Asia Pacific !! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: with 2 2 no less

DANIEL MARTON ELIMINATED IN 2ND PLACE ($637,911); DANIEL NEGREANU WINS!

Hand #220

Daniel Marton raised to 125,000 before Daniel Negreanu moved all in. Marton instantly called!

Marton: A♠ 7♠

Negreanu: 2♠ 2♥

The flop was a bare 6♦ J♠ K♥, but Marton picked up a straight draw on the T♥ turn. The room was silent as they waited for the river to fall. A collective sigh of relief was followed by a round of applause as the 4♦ bricked on the river, leaving Negreanu’s ducks to win the pot and the championship!

Well done to Aussie Daniel Marton who fought valiantly on this final table, only to fall just short, but $637,911 for 2nd place is a tremendous accomplishment.

For Daniel Negreanu it’s his 5th WSOP bracelet which will mean just as much to him as the $1,038,825 in prize money.

• Like 1

Big congrats you crazy canuck. I watched the stream. Looked like you had it under control other than spiking that Q against George T.

Well deserved win altough I don't think they should count towards WSOP bracelet counts.