Random Still Photo Of The Moment

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a lot of snow    

Haven't been around much lately, but it's nice to see this thread. I'll contribute some of my photos for this thread.                  

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_mimjrj4c1W1qz667bo1_500.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. My internet access has been really poor for a while. Looked back in this thread and remembered that I almost got a shot similar to this back in May. I was watching an osprey that had caught a fish and flew away from me. I drove down the shoreline looking for him. I finally pulled off the road, and instead of looking at the lake,I looked straight forward. There he was, right in front of my car, on a sign. I only had time to take a couple of shots through my windshield before he flew off with his fish. It was only after he was gone that I realized that the sign said "No Fishing". He was so close that the words weren't in the frame.

Just for reference sake, here's one of the shots. The fish isn't very noticable, and the poor image quality is due to shooting through the windshield.

Osprey05202013023_zps05415dcc.jpg

I thought y'all might like to see a macro shot I took last week of some morning frost:

Frost12112013372_zps4783af21.jpg

• Like 1