Random Still Photo Of The Moment

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a lot of snow    

Haven't been around much lately, but it's nice to see this thread. I'll contribute some of my photos for this thread.                  

Scared kitty

BRgGoW7CYAAI5-F.jpg

• Like 2

Not to nitpick, but those asses don't really impress me.

Maybe they will after 3 or 4 years of getting to know them.

• Like 1

what are the odds on the lightning in the background at the exact time of the picture being real?

Content. Add it. Just once. Find a picture. Post it.

what are the odds on the lightning in the background at the exact time of the picture being real?

I mean, I would just assume it's real, because that makes life more fun, but the photographers shutter speed was obviously super fast, because you can see the individual rain drops. We are talking 1/500th of a second or even as high as 3 times that fast. The perfect lightning bolt at exactly that time is either a mix of two different pictures, one stadium/one sky, or he was just really lucky that the lightning struck at the moment Bolt passed him/his camera.

Thinking he was lucky is much more fun, and almost certainly correct.

I like this one by the same guy better:

article-0-1B3FA228000005DC-626_964x624.jpg

You can see that the dude was just holding down his shutter and his camera was taking 10 pics a second or more. The lightning is basically unchanged in the sky, but the running photographers body positions have changed slightly. This would be expected if it was real, as camera shutters are much faster than lightning strikes.

Also, don't give him too much credit:

"Morin says it took him a while to realize what one of his five remote cameras had picked up. “The remote-controlled camera that took this picture was the fifth of my rig, set pretty far back, about 30 metres, from the finish line. I was thinking more along the lines of an enduring feature photograph, rather than your typical news shot.”

I don't believe that Bolt pic is from a race, much less a 109m race. Too close to a turn and nobody in the pic is in sprint form. Other Jamaican looks like he's in a slow job, Bolt isn't going all out, nor all the other runners. IMO

I don't believe that Bolt pic is from a race, much less a 109m race. Too close to a turn and nobody in the pic is in sprint form. Other Jamaican looks like he's in a slow job, Bolt isn't going all out, nor all the other runners. IMO

it's 100% real. The picture was taken just after the race as they are slowing down after crossing the finish line