Random Still Photo Of The Moment

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a lot of snow    

Haven't been around much lately, but it's nice to see this thread. I'll contribute some of my photos for this thread.                  

How 'bout I just do that now?

[later]

I don't think she's really a mechanic.

She is a little greasemonkey though.

She looks like she's pretty good with a tool or two.

She's probably thrown an undercarriage or two onto the hoist for a thorough going-over.

• Like 1

Haven't been around much lately, but it's nice to see this thread. I'll contribute some of my photos for this thread.

moonsetlightning114.jpg

e150.jpg

0013.jpg

Sunset04092013075_zpsb85b9ec0.jpg

Moon103020123242.jpg

• Like 5

All great pics, but I think this one is my favorite.

Thanks. It's one of my favorites also. I had it enlarged to 20"x30" canvas gallery wrap, and it looked great. I ended up selling it to a facebook friend.

Did you personally take all of those wedge?

Yes. I got back into photography a couple of years ago. I really enjoy nature and wildlife shots. I chase birds and storms around a lot now.

Here are a few more:

Snowy09102012140.jpg

Snowy09102012004.jpg

Iridium flare (about a 30 second exposure)

Iridium57-74OCT11-1.jpg

L0405201202411x14.jpg

• Like 3

...and a couple more:

Remember last June, when Venus transitted the Sun?

t42.jpg

Bald Eagle

e82.jpg

Not technically a great shot (lighting was bad and the image is heavilly cropped), but still one of my favorites. Eagle vs Hawk:

eh53.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to know that the one thing people will remember me by on a poker forum is the time I hurt myself playing golf.

Well technically you weren't playing golf, right? You just couldn't walk through the clubhouse correctly.

• Like 3

moonsetlightning114.jpg

Nice pics, btw. I like this one best.

Well technically you weren't playing golf, right? You just couldn't walk through the clubhouse correctly.

Sadly, I stand corrected. For anyone that's new (or has forgotten) this is the incident that they are talking about (warning: graphic injury photos included):

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=137185&hl=sandwedge&st=0

Nice pics, btw. I like this one best.

Thanks. That was a pretty special morning. The other lightning picture from above was taken about about an hour and a half earlier at the same spot. I followed the storm around Northeast Louisiana for a while, and gave up without getting any more shots. On the drive home, I saw the new storm brewing and returned to the lake. It was really cool to view in person, with the clear skies and Moonset being contrasted by the storm.