• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell no, where would I get a giant hornet from plus I'm not nuts.

It's just the entire concept of 'flat screen TV' as being relevant to anything anymore.   People still say "flat screen TV" with implied context as though this were 2001 and they cost $5K.

I don't think acceptance of equality has anything to do with it. Rome had no such illusions, they believed in the superiority of races and even in the superiority of family blood lines. Rome was force

ian bremmer ‏@ianbremmer 1h

In 1980, China's median age was 22

In 2020, it will be 38--older than US

In 2040, it will be 47--older than Europe

Over the past 50 years, China's avg life expectancy increased by 30 years.

Since independence in 1947. India's life expectancy has more than doubled, from 32 years to 66.

In 1980, China's median age was 22

In 2020, it will be 38--older than US

In 2040, it will be 47--older than Europe

Over the past 50 years, China's avg life expectancy increased by 30 years.

Since independence in 1947. India's life expectancy has more than doubled, from 32 years to 66.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Africa's (might have been SA) median age is 17.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Africa's (might have been SA) median age is 17.

Having a very young population usually leads to two things.

1. The potential for rapid economic growth as the population moves into it's most productive age

2. Social unrest since youth who are marginalized economically are the most likely to take to the streets

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Article explaining the Chinese banking system and it's role in the Chinese economy.

China and Its Financial System:

What Could Go Wrong?

Would be very interesting to see how a country like China would handle en-masse credit defaults.

Here in the US, we have a relatively debtor-friendly policy, bankruptcy code, etc.

I could absolutely, positively see them instituting policies that resulted in some old-school shit like debtors prisons, labor liabilities, etc.

Would be very interesting to see how a country like China would handle en-masse credit defaults.

Here in the US, we have a relatively debtor-friendly policy, bankruptcy code, etc.

I could absolutely, positively see them instituting policies that resulted in some old-school shit like debtors prisons, labor liabilities, etc.

If the Chinese government considers it illegal borrowing which looks a lot like just normal small business borrowing you can get the death penalty there.

22 Chinese People Who Were Handed The Death Sentence For White Collar Crime

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-white-collar-criminals-death-sentence-2013-7?op=1#ixzz2f4L8cNSF

ever seen a map of all the land in the US owned by the government? it's pretty incredible. would love to see a worldwide holdings map broken down by government.

I do suspect the US owns a lot of land purely because no one wanted it after it was annexed/stolen/whatever

Haha.

The best part of that article by far, was the part where the journalist said that there were more wasps this year because of global warming.

Haha.