Love this goddam show. Pretty good episode. The chefs who drew Tom definitely got unlucky, cuz his challenge was way tougher and more intimidating than any of the others. It seemed like the other 3 all went easy on their contestants, but I guess that was by design, since they had to keep most of them in the competition or there'd be way too few.

Oh and thanks for the heads up. I had no idea a new season was starting.

Loved the concept of the episode, didn't think there were very many high quality, or high personality people. Tom's was definitely the hardest, but it was nice seeing him in one of his "realist" elements. Wolfgang was way too nice. He hated all of those omelettes, except maybe the one he gave out the first jacket to.

Usually it seems like they pimp the people real hard in the beginning, show-wise, to make it seem like they're all great nominated chefs. There was a bit of that, but most of them looked to be on the low-end of talent, at least compared to the last couple years. Maybe the top just isn't as strong, but its still solid across the middle. Either way, I'm glad the show is back.

This show is so great.  I love it.  Really liked the first episode.

Early favorite to win is obviously the ******* chef from Dallas.

I'm on the beard.

I'm in.

Also watched Sunday's premier of The Next Iron Chef. Very similar completion with some excellent chefs. Sunday night at 9pm

I like the old Japan Iron Chef shows much better. It just seems they are trying too hard to make weird shit to appear more Japanese. That being said, I still watch it and love some of the dishes they come up with.

Agreed, the challenges are stupid. Nobody can be expected to put out great food in crazy conditions and I don't care to watch them try. I want to watch technique and skills, not making a fire out of ass hair and sticks.

No real bead on anyone yet. I'm always drawn to gingers and girls with glasses, so she stuck out a bit.

Plastic Surgery Pelligrino was crazy annoying already.

Glad Hugh cut the "Don't make me cry" girl. She should be embarrassed. This is a kitchen, and a competition. Toughen up, don't be cute. Stupid whore

Ok, that was harsh. Never wanted to be one of those anonymous hate spewers in the comments section.

I'll call her a yappy pain in the ass instead. I'd say that to her face

• 1 month later...

I think Brooke is cute. Stefan partnered with her, obviously.

Hilarious that they didnt give money and booted two people. I figured that would screw with the production schedule and number of shows to be aired.

Hilarious that they didnt give money and booted two people. I figured that would screw with the production schedule and number of shows to be aired.

Maybe they'll conveniently have an episode near the end where everything is so good that nobody gets booted. Or maybe they had another double-elimination already scheduled, and preempted it for this one.

I also thought it was hilarious that nobody got the money.

I mean, they gave them odd products to work with. I know in the past, contestants have worked miracles, but still.

I only would've wanted to try the pickles. All the other ingredients seemed yucky to me.

The ginger has to be next. She keeps putting out junk. That bad dessert, her quickfire berries on a stick, the other bad dessert. She hasn't shown anything much yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The ginger has to be next. She keeps putting out junk. That bad dessert, her quickfire berries on a stick, the other bad dessert. She hasn't shown anything much yet.

Good call. Who's next?

• 1 month later...