Ask Me About My Award Winning Poker Themed Screenplay "vegas Knights".

With regard to poker, there are several scenes in the screenplay at the WSOP, which I've been to in person at both the Rio and the Horseshoe. If they didn't want to do it for some reason---I don't know why it would give them great publicity---it could be changed to any number of big tournaments.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why didn't Monk and Psych ever do a crossover episode? I mean they were both USA shows, both award winning and both set in California. They could easily have had Shawn and Gus drive up to S.F. to work

Did someone forget to change forum accounts?

DEMAND LETTER:   TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:   BE IT KNOWN, Party of the First Part (The Ocho) seeks and thereby demands written acceptance of terms of the contract, here to after referred to as CONTR

Vegas Knights or VK,

I am very intrigued by your poker themed screenplay. If we could get back to the real topic at hand I have a few questions for you.

Do you think Vegas Knights has any qualities lacking in some of the more recent poker movies? What are they? I understand if you cannot give away too much detail.

Do you think Vegas Knights could help the poker industry? How?

Do you think that any poker celebrities would enjoy Vegas Knights? Are there any roles for them in your movie?

What types of people would this movie appeal too?

Many recent poker/Vegas/gaming themed screenplays were written by people who have only lived in California or New York, do you see this as a problem? How has your background informed your knowledge of poker or Las Vegas?

It is my understanding that your screenplay, Vegas Knights, has won two awards. Very impressive. To your knowledge, have any other poker themed screenplays won that many awards?

Do you have any notes from any of the reviewers from any of the festivals that your screenplay, Vegas Knights, has received award from?

Is the screenplay available for purchase? What are the terms?

Where can I go for more information?

Thank you for your time and service. I am distressed by some of the negativity here. You seem to be doing the world of poker a great service and I beleive that deserves further recognition and renumeration.

So I thought we could handle this privately, but I guess I need to bring this to everyone's attention. My team of attorney's and CPA have informed me that not only do I not have a signed agreement in place, but you have completely ignored their attempts to get this done in a timley manner. I also have been informed that Tony Shaloub doesn't even know who you are. I am feeling a little exposed here and I need that NDA back ASAP. We may be forced to bring action towards you and your colleagues if this is not completed. I have been notified that the actress who plays Natalie is 100% on board and if there is a movie she is cool with doing full frontal. This is big for me. So don't FUCK this up!

SA, can you please draft a response letter for me and post it here.

Vegas Knights or VK,

I am very intrigued by your poker themed screenplay. If we could get back to the real topic at hand I have a few questions for you.

Do you think Vegas Knights has any qualities lacking in some of the more recent poker movies? What are they? I understand if you cannot give away too much detail.

Do you think that any poker celebrities would enjoy Vegas Knights? Are there any roles for them in your movie?

Many recent poker/Vegas/gaming themed screenplays were written by people who have only lived in California or New York, do you see this as a problem? How has your background informed your knowledge of poker or Las Vegas?

It is my understanding that your screenplay, Vegas Knights, has won two awards. Very impressive. To your knowledge, have any other poker themed screenplays won that many awards?

Do you have any notes from any of the reviewers from any of the festivals that your screenplay, Vegas Knights, has received award from?

Thank you for your time and service. I am distressed by some of the negativity here. You seem to be doing the world of poker a great service and I beleive that deserves further recognition and renumeration.

Thanks, and thanks for the serious questions. I'll get to some of them as time permits.

So I thought we could handle this privately, but I guess I need to bring this to everyone's attention. My team of attorney's and CPA have informed me that not only do I not have a signed agreement in place, but you have completely ignored their attempts to get this done in a timley manner. I also have been informed that Tony Shaloub doesn't even know who you are. I am feeling a little exposed here and I need that NDA back ASAP. We may be forced to bring action towards you and your colleagues if this is not completed. I have been notified that the actress who plays Natalie is 100% on board and if there is a movie she is cool with doing full frontal. This is big for me. So don't FUCK this up!

SA, can you please draft a response letter for me and post it here.

LOL, this is the same kind of bogus stuff that happened over at the other site. Over there someone pretended to be Harvey Weinstein (probably the most powerful man in Hollywood), someone pretended to Matt Damon, etc.. Thanks for the laugh, but I'll probably be occupied with the questions by BigPokerFan.

And I don't doubt for a minute that there will be others who will pretend to be this person or that person as a joke or an attempt to derail the thread. It's OK to have a laugh now and then (unless it's a malicious attempt to do someone harm with false information) but guys I'd like to be serious about screenwriting.and poker. I really do believe there could be a very good movie with poker as an important element.

Thanks, and thanks for the serious questions. I'll get to some of them as time permits.

Please, I am the one who should be thanking you for your efforts on behalf of the poker industry and players everywhere. I am looking forward to a spirited and lengthy discussion about your two time award winning poker themed screenplay, Vegas Knights.

DEMAND LETTER:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

BE IT KNOWN, Party of the First Part (The Ocho) seeks and thereby demands written acceptance of terms of the contract, here to after referred to as CONTRACT 1, sent to Party of the Second Part (Vegas Knights/Slim Jim) on or around the twenty-third of October, 2012, the year of our Lord. Party of the Second Part will therein agree, without addition or subtraction, to each and every term of CONTRACT 1 as written (mediation clause included). CONTRACT 1 also makes perfectly clear that Party of the Second Part is herein after responsible for separately contracting with TONY SHALOUB (MONK) to reprise his award winning role in this soft-core reimagining of the hit television shows Monk and Psych.

SATISFACTION to be had within twelve minutes of the posting thereof.

ACES & NAPA, LLLP.

Document drafted by ShakeZuma, assistant to Counsel.

• Like 2

So this guy is going to start a thread forbidding anyone from invoking his real name, but give out enough information to very easily determine his real name just by looking up the screenplay he wrote and awards it won. And then he is going to make a charade out of arguing/conversing with phony accounts.

Given the creativity and quality of his writing in this thread, I'm guessing his screenplay is a bit overrated .

i know! It is a very funny story. It is like you would think that the writer of the two time awardwinning screenplay vegas knigths would want peoplw to see his name. and read his script! It is almost likwe he is not the real writer of vegas knights! Like he is lying and does not want the real award winning witer to find out! And I am not him - i am a diferent guy who just wants to talk poker movies.

DEMAND LETTER:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

BE IT KNOWN, Party of the First Part (The Ocho) seeks and thereby demands written acceptance of terms of the contract, here to after referred to as CONTRACT 1, sent to Party of the Second Part (Vegas Knights/Slim Jim) on or around the twenty-third of October, 2012, the year of our Lord. Party of the Second Part will therein agree, without addition or subtraction, to each and every term of CONTRACT 1 as written (mediation clause included). CONTRACT 1 also makes perfectly clear that Party of the Second Part is herein after responsible for separately contracting with TONY SHALOUB (MONK) to reprise his award winning role in this soft-core reimagining of the hit television shows Monk and Psych.

SATISFACTION to be had within twelve minutes of the posting thereof.

ACES & NAPA, LLLP.

Document drafted by ShakeZuma, assistant to Counsel.

i do not know whatthe hell you are talking about. i do not like the lawyer talk. do i get some money?

i do not know whatthe hell you are talking about. i do not like the lawyer talk. do i get some money?

Yes, that's what a demand letter means. It's always good news for you when a lawyer's office sends you a demand.

I find it particularly troubling that this particular demand letters fails to make use of the suffix "esq" anywhere in it's body.

i know! It is a very funny story. It is like you would think that the writer of the two time awardwinning screenplay vegas knigths would want peoplw to see his name. and read his script! It is almost likwe he is not the real writer of vegas knights! Like he is lying and does not want the real award winning witer to find out! And I am not him - i am a diferent guy who just wants to talk poker movies.

So this guy is going to start a thread forbidding anyone from invoking his real name, but give out enough information to very easily determine his real name just by looking up the screenplay he wrote and awards it won. And then he is going to make a charade out of arguing/conversing with phony accounts.

Given the creativity and quality of his writing in this thread, I'm guessing his screenplay is a bit overrated .

You guys must have missed my explanation in post #1 about all the false obscene trollish statements using my name and other schoolyard bullshit that went on over at the other site. If you have an urge to say my real name, go in a room, shut the door, and say it a couple of times. If you want to learn about screenplays then stay tuned because I will get to the serious questions posed by BigPokerFan shortly. I will answer at least two of them by Sunday. And get to as many as I can as time permits.

Here are the serious questions he posed:

Vegas Knights or VK,

...I 'm not going to put up with that anymore. If you have an urge to say my real name, go in a room, shut the door, and say it a couple of times...

Blow me Gerry.

Seriously, your game is getting old.

God bless you.

Same to you.

It has something for almost everyone: Vegas excitement and energy, attractive women, social and economic issues, dynamic scenery, family life, two to three characters people will care about etc. And it takes people deep into the world of gambling in a way which I think will intrigue even non-gamblers.

Of course there will always be those people who won't like any movie unless it is filled with special effects and/or violence, but I think most of mainstream America will like this movie.

Well since you brought it up' date=' I would currently sell if for 55,000 (less for a percentage). Not really much when you consider the Vegas/gambling film "21" grossed 184,000,000 worldwide (with DVD). And anyone who bought it could change it anyway they wanted although I prefer it stay basically the same. But once someone buys it it's their baby.

If there are any super rich poker enthusiasts out there like an Andy Beal, Sam Simon, [i']Guy [/i]Laliberté, or Larry Flynt, I know an experienced producer who might be able to get the ball rolling if the money was there. Also, anyone who buys it could have their friends or anyone else they choose play poker player extras.

$55,000- when you think about it- there are probably people reading this who have won or lost that much in a single hand of poker.