So, It Is Oct 22Nd

No new featured members since Aug 2nd. Time to declare this forum dead? Or will everything revive when online poker gets a revival thru the new Vegas sites?

I wouldn't worry about Featured Member.

We will usually do a new one every 2 or 3 months going forward. We decided in this case to have our next one at the beginning of November and Gov I think has already contacted them. If he hasn't he will shortly after he cleans up from newborn baby diaper changing from his one week old Son.

• Like 1

If the Reid/Kyl bill passes it will kill all the progress NV has made getting their sites up and running. It calls for a 13 or 15 month blackout and imposes a lot of other unnecessary restrictions. This bill is awful and we, as players, should do all we can to oppose it.

If the Reid/Kyl bill passes it will kill all the progress NV has made getting their sites up and running. It calls for a 13 or 15 month blackout and imposes a lot of other unnecessary restrictions. This bill is awful and we, as players, should do all we can to oppose it.

I agree.

First of all, it also demolishes progress we've made through recent court rulings (the Wire Act, the IGBA and probably the UIGEA). A year ago we would have never dreamt that the legal front would have turned so much in our favor. We give up that without getting any kind of concessions whatsoever for ourselves, like a Players' Bill of Rights as suggested by Paul Hoppe (aka GiantBuddha) last year.

Secondly, the federal bill also taxes poker sites at more than twice the rate that Nevada will be taxing the sites which might create the need for the federally allowed sites to charge a higher rake. It's hard to say but there is simply no guarantee that poker sites won't adopt a recreational player's model out of neccesity. Again, I think that this is another reason why we need a Poker Bill of Rights. Too many entities want a slice of that tax pie with the players ultimately picking up the tab.

I think that the PPA genuinely wants what is good for the players but we can't forget that the PPA is largely run by Republicans and Conservative Libertarians who are willing to make more concessions than most players probably want. I think that the PPA is always going to give players' wants a backseat to the wants of American business' and they are always going to try to convince us that it is for our own good.

I think that the bill can be fixed to make it good, but currently it simply isn't.

I wouldn't worry about Featured Member.

We will usually do a new one every 2 or 3 months going forward. We decided in this case to have our next one at the beginning of November and Gov I think has already contacted them. If he hasn't he will shortly after he cleans up from newborn baby diaper changing from his one week old Son.

<-------------------- Still waiting on e-mail.