Helpfull Tips For Home Cash Game

Hi

Would like some imput/tips/strat for a 1/2nl home cash game.

Played this game 3 times now here's basically what happens pre flop.

Most pots are limped ,1 guy is really agro and raises anywhere from $7 to $15 from any position with any 2 cards and usually has a large/good stack.

Lets say he opens for $7 to $10 pre, you can be sure that there will mostly 4-6 players in to see a flop. So normally I want to see alot of flops with small pocket pairs or suited connectors. I fold any junk aces unsuited connectors ect..

Here's the part i'd like imput/tips on . AK/ pocket 10's/JJ/QQ/KK and AA how would you suggest playing these hands in such a loose game?

If you open raise to anywhere fom $7 to $15 you usually still have 3-4 callers. opening $20 or more wil probly only get you the blinds in most cases. wondering what strat would you recommend for the above mentioned hands?

Thanks. If I left anything out feel free to askk and i'll try to explain.

continue opening to 18-20 and eventually they will start calling your 10x pre flop raises. if they do you can narrow the range slightly on some of those calls.

what are the starting stack sizes?

Ty, problem is they have no range lol , any 2 cards seems good to them, played last night for 8 hrs and couldnt believe the hands these guys showed up with. i''l give you an example.

board was 8TJQx rainbow , player 1 bet $15 pot was about $100 by then , plyer 2 raises to $40 player 3 calls the 40 player 1 calls

I thought player 2 has to have a straight , raise was too small to get any of these 2 guys to fold. player 1 had JT for 2 pair. player 3 had Top pair. and player 2 the raiser had QT for 2 pair and the best hand. pot was over $200 .

Another pot player 1 raised to 15 after 2 limps, loose agro player calls 15, pot comes to show down HU and player 1 has JJ , player 2 had 62os and hit 2 pair on turn and won a nice pot.

This was the kind of play all night and the 3 times I played, 5-6 of the 8 guys playing cant be put on a hand.

Hi

Would like some imput/tips/strat for a 1/2nl home cash game.

Here's the part i'd like imput/tips on . AK/ pocket 10's/JJ/QQ/KK and AA how would you suggest playing these hands in such a loose game?

Assuming you have 100bb stacks;

Raise to $12 + $2 for every limper in front of you (Max out at $18 if you thik $20 will get too many folds); get 3-5 callers

Pot will be $48-$72

Bet close to the pot on the flop (assuming we have an over pair or top pair, like $45 into $48 and $64 into $72

Jam all in on the turn.

But in poker, almost every situation is unique and you need to adjust your ranges and strat accordingly

what are the starting stack sizes?

stacks start out anywhere from $40 to $100 early in game ,but with so much variance, later in the night there was about 1,500 to 2k chips on the table with 6 players left, so it gets deep pretty quick

Assuming you have 100bb stacks;

Raise to $12 + $2 for every limper in front of you (Max out at $18 if you thik $20 will get too many folds); get 3-5 callers

Pot will be $48-$72

Bet close to the pot on the flop (assuming we have an over pair or top pair, like $45 into $48 and $64 into $72

Jam all in on the turn.

But in poker, almost every situation is unique and you need to adjust your ranges and strat accordingly

ty, seems about right , was also thinking that 10's and Ak might be better hands to see flops cheap with in this kinda game. Thoughts?

ty, seems about right , was also thinking that 10's and Ak might be better hands to see flops cheap with in this kinda game. Thoughts?

If the other players are making the mistake of playing garbage preflop, then you should be trying to get the biggest percentage of the money in preflop as you can.

• Like 1

Based upon your description, if it's pre-flop and you're in mid to late position in a raised pot with AK/ pocket 10's/JJ/QQ/KK and AA I see no reason why you wouldn't shove. You're getting it all in by the Turn anyways, so as the last poster said, get the biggest % of the money in PF.