Republicans Insert Anti Online Poker Plank Into Party Platform

The chances of Federal Online Poker legislation happening appear to be as far away as ever.

Republicans Insert Anti Online Poker Plank into Party Platform

And here's the PPA's response.

http://theppa.org/newsletters/2012/08/29/weekly-update-gop-platform-calls-for-a-prohibition-of-online-poker-08292012/

Lol.

Edit: Meh, seems like the standard republican stance on this issue, tho them overlooking the amount of money that can be made if/when federally regulated

Looks like the anti online poker owner of the Venetian, Sheldon Adelson's 10 million+ campaign contribution is beginning to pay dividends. But if they lose it's just more money down the toilet like the multi-millions he gave Newt Gingrich.

I thought they were supposed to be the party of smaller government, less regulation, and pro-business?

One saying has stuck with me...

"Republicans want to make government small enough to fit under your bedroom door."

This kind of makes sense in that context.

Looks like the anti online poker owner of the Venetian, Sheldon Adelson's 10 million+ campaign contribution is unfortunately beginning to pay dividends. But if they lose it's just more money down the toilet like the multi-millions he gave Newt Gingrich.

Update: I was watching PBS last night and they had the author of the political book, "The Party is Over". He stated Adelson has given 36 million so far and plans ot give 100 million by election time. He also said when you give that kind of money you expect something in return.

Update: I was watching PBS last night and they had the author of the political book, "The Party is Over". He stated Adelson has given 36 million so far and plans ot give 100 million by election time. He also said when you give that kind of money you expect something in return.

He's more concerned with getting the US to bomb Iran than he is online poker.

He's more concerned with getting the US to bomb Iran than he is online poker.

Probably true, but if we are to believe Sheldon Adelson's words he is against online poker and the Republicans just made it part of their official platform to come out against online gambling.

Probably true, but if we are to believe Sheldon Adelson's words he is against online poker and the Republicans just made it part of their official platform to come out against online gambling.

Oh, I agree with you. I was just pointing out that he isn't spending $100 Million to stop online gaming, it's just going to be collateral damage from what he really wants.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay Rob where are you ? calling BG for his thoughts. perhaps another time he will vote the other way :)

checky wins again ;)