2012 London Olympics

cathalkelly@cathalkellyWhat Melissa Tancredi said to Norwegian ref: "Put on your American jersey. That's who you played for tonight."#london2012cathalkelly@cathalkellyChristine Sinclair on what ref said when she asked about 6 second violation: "She actually giggled and said nothing. Classy."cathalkelly@cathalkellyGK Erin McLeod says she received no warning on time wasting. Even American coach Pia Sundhage said afterward, "I've never seen that before."

I understand how tough water polo is, but it is a really goofy looking sport. Especially when they're trying to fake out the goalie by waving the ball around in the air like a maniac.
A lot of times they are doing that to wait for the goalie to drop also. They eggbeater their legs to get up high and often times the field player will keep pumping the ball until the goalie will tire out and drop low which will make it easier to score.

Stay classy, France?2n6gd3s.jpgEdit: Awesome quote right here:Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBAI asked Nicolas Batum why he hit Juan-Carlos Navarro in the groin. "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop," Batum said.2nd Edit: Batum, not giving a fuck:Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA Finally, I asked Batum if he felt like his punch ultimately gave Navarro a 'good reason' to flop. "I hope so," Batum said.

Canada beats France for the Bronze in Woman's Soccer with a goal in the last 30 seconds of extra time after France totally dominated the game.The next Women's World Cup is in Canada so this Olympics couldn't have been better for the promoters of that.Grant Wahl@GrantWahl2015 Women's World Cup in Canada will be fun. USA-Canada Olympic semi averaged 3.8M viewers in Canada, 2.9M in USA (via @socceramerica).

This is how I felt watching some of the bicycle "races." There's one where it's a head-to-head sprint but one guy starts in front of the other guy and they go really slowly for a lap and then speed up. There's another one where they take it easy for like 9 laps and then every 10th lap they sprint, then slow down again for 9 laps. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/330382

Favorite moments were Usain Bolt's 3 golds (greatest sprinter of all time), Mo Farah's 2 golds (England went fucking nuts), and Katie Ledecky's 800m freestyle gold (she's the 15-year-old American, the youngest American to compete this year).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1x9HWWShHY