Dumbest Tourney Play Ever?

my friend sent me Darvin Moons bust out where he shoved 55k against gabe kaplan with top top into like a 8k pot and ran into a set - but this is wayyyy worseblinds 600-1200 200 ante last night WSOP Main eventIn the last hand at their table, action folded around to Terry Grimes on the button. He looked down at his cards and said, "Let's get this over with," before moving all in for well over 200,000. The small blind got out of the way, but Kevin Davis called off for nearly 200,000 from the big blind.ShowdownGrimes {A-}{K-}Davis {A-Diamonds}{A-Hearts}Grimes was no doubt kicking himself after discovering he'd run into the granddaddy of all hands. The board ran out {Q-Clubs}{5-Clubs}{A-Clubs}{J-Diamonds}{clear.gif7-Diamonds} and Davis, clearly rattled on the hand, doubled to 394,800 on the last hand of the night.

Tough luck with only 2 players behind ... but that is the risk when you get a little cute. There is always a small percentage against you in most every situation in this game. How do you think Davis would feel if he sees that Flop and Grimes has the K of clubs??Same scenario with V-Selbst ... why would you shove or call a shove on the last hand of the night after a 4 or 5-bet battle with KK for over 70% of your stack. She had AA and went to 170K on the last hand of the night. She spiked another A on the Flop which would have been easy to get away from and keep more of your stack. Of course the dealer put a K up on the River to rub it in a bit!!Another guy got cute when he mucked face-up ... cards hit the muck ... and muttered 'I guess I'm all in'. He had 2-4 and was playing the board. I don't have all the details, but I think it was a cash game, $300 in the pot, and the floor ruled that he was all-in for his $5000 stack. Of course he lost and it was a terrible ruling, but another case of getting cute and that small percentage jumps up and gets you ... can be a nasty game at times.

Another guy got cute when he mucked face-up ... cards hit the muck ... and muttered 'I guess I'm all in'. He had 2-4 and was playing the board. I don't have all the details, but I think it was a cash game, $300 in the pot, and the floor ruled that he was all-in for his $5000 stack. Of course he lost and it was a terrible ruling, but another case of getting cute and that small percentage jumps up and gets you ... can be a nasty game at times.
I hate the "I was just joking" bet. I think it's right to hold people accountable for being dicks that way. But if his cards had already hit the muck when he said it, it's not a bet.

well than it's a pretty good stunt if you know that you are good enough to spend 10k and know that you are gonna cash just to make a demonstration - what demonstration could be worth more than a freeroll at 8.5 mill - i doubt there is a lot of endorsement money out there for hyper religious gambles

That's the stupidest thing I've ever ****ing heard in my life.
have you not seen any of my postsalso worst tourney play ever has to be something by mercury. how this isn't obvious by now is astounding.
I think the stupid part for him is entering the event in the first place. It sounds like he wanted to make a public demonstration more than play the tournament.
What if he just really wanted to play in the Main Event? Shouldn't you be allowed to play even if you have no expectation of winning?
have you not seen any of my postsalso worst tourney play ever has to be something by mercury. how this isn't obvious by now is astounding.
You're missing the focus of my stupidity, which usually involves crying about losing hands in which the other player has a % chance of winning, which is clearly a stupid thing to cry about because if I (or anyone else) won every single hand in which they were a favorite, then the % of winning would be 100% and there would be nothing to cry about.Get it straight or go Pentacostal, muzzafuzza
What if he just really wanted to play in the Main Event? Shouldn't you be allowed to play even if you have no expectation of winning?
Yes? I think people should be allowed to do lots of stupid things.
You're missing the focus of my stupidity, which usually involves crying about losing hands in which the other player has a % chance of winning, which is clearly a stupid thing to cry about because if I (or anyone else) won every single hand in which they were a favorite, then the % of winning would be 100% and there would be nothing to cry about.Get it straight or go Pentacostal, muzzafuzza
I'm recalling a certain thread with several photoshops in it.
omg fcp's prodigal son returns. Welcome home, Lurbz!
let the punting resume