Wsop $10K Main Event - Daniel Out In 160Th For $52K

Day 1A of the 2012 WSOP Main Event begins later today.I want to wish all of the FCPers who are playing good luck and hopefully somebody has their life changed in a good way over the next 2 weeks.Poker News will be having their usual updates and Daniel will be tweeting updates when he plays.https://twitter.com/...er/with_replieshttp://www.pokernews...eries-of-poker/Daniel's Twitter UpdatesDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerPlaying Day 1B worst table draw I've had in years I recognize 3 of the 5 players seated so far.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips level 1 is done and so am I. Had AA vs KK flop was AK3 we got it all in and he hit the King. Oh well maybe next year!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips haha sorry couldn't help it guys! Totally kidding. Ended level 1 with 30,350 starting stack is 30k. #DNegsGrind2012Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 36,675 end level 2 got moved to another tough looking table with @ToddBrunson on my left. Had an AWESOME 2 hr massage and laxxedDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 97,825 end level 3 has to put me near or atop the chipped on Day 1B. This is fun. Dinner break timeDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerWhitney Houston voice to Main Event "I been savin all my luck, been savin all my luck, been savin all my luck for yoooouuuu"Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 114,750 end level 4 I've chipped up every level now at a table with @marcopoker last level comingDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerWSOP Main Event Level 5 Stack. Lookin Sexy. http://instagr.am/p/M2W1IeolG3/Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerThe rail is rockin tonight. Lots of fun poker fans to chat up and mess with. Having fun which is what it's all about right?Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerEnded Day 1B of the WSOP Main Event with 140,575 which will put me among the chip leaders going into day 2 on Tuesday.Feels good. This b funDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerHaven't really said this before exactly, but I really do love "poker fans. Without them the WSOP wouldn't even exist. Thanks for caring!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerHave a VERY tough table draw for day 2 but luckily our table should break within about 2 hours or so. Lots of youngginsDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 147,875 end level 6 I've chipped up in all 6 levels. At new table now with Peter Eastgate. This one should break pretty soon tooDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips ugly level so far ran into 3 sets and JJ vs KK on a 236 flop. Still have 70k. "It's not how hard you hit its how hard you can...Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 124k end level 7 made a good comeback with JJ flop J52 turn 2 I got absolute max value from a guy who hit two sets on me earlierDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 180,800 end level 8 dinner break now and an ESPN interview. Missed some value on a couple hands. Meh, no more booboos.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips end level 9 309,800 big ballin' had clock called me in a pot I made a bug lay down. Think I was right overall.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker277,200 to end day 2 WSOP main event. Return Thursday at noon for day 3. Once again should be among the chipleaders after another good day.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerAt my table on day 3 are Matt Woodward "Ice Cream" Mike who I've known 20+ years and 6 other people. Lots of chips on my table #wsopDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerJust lost 250k pot AA vs QT flop A74 turn K river J. I still have 200k though but that wasn't fun lol.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 245,500 end level 11. Pretty happy with that considering the AA hand I lost. Blinds going to 1k-2k now. I'm on featured table.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips table broke now off the features table and on a table where I recognize no one. Also WAY less chips on this one. Caught a break.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 217,800 end level 12 about 1200 of 6600 players left. Was down to 160k then chopped 3 way pot KQ flop AJT vs KQ and AT called lol.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@gross AA cracked again flop T62 K J I folded to river bet vs obv flopped set. Ugh.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips AA cracked again flop T62 turn K J folded to river bet vs obv set. UghDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips WTF. AQ vs J9 flop AQ5 rainbow I lose. Comes 8 T so gross down to 94k. Same guy who flopped set made the straight on meDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips 130,200 end level 13 not gonna qiut. Can't even spell it. Dinner break avg is 197kDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips 89,400 end level 14 played an EXCELLENT 2 hrs of poker avoiding brokedom several times. In danger zone now though 2k-4k blinds.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips was down to 72k doubled on board 568Q I had 79 vs KQ we got it in with him drawing dead. Let's do this!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerOn to day 4 #WSOP main event with 109k 740 players left top 666 make the money. Fought through a lot of painful hands today.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerBizarre table draw for Fri 13th paying 666. Only 2 players above avg I'm 4th in chips w 109k.Short stack frenzy. 719 players remain avg 275kDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerA rainy day in Vegas. Friday the 13th. Trying to make top 666. Based on how my luck has gone this month today is the perfect day!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips just doubled MY way. BB 7h 8d called flop 569ddd vs 9T spades he was drawing dead on turn 2. YES!!!!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips busted a guy with AA vs TT 380k now!!!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerMy WSOP main event stack on the bubble now looking healthy! Let's do this. http://instagr.am/p/NCM220olAJ/Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerIn the money in the WSOP main event for the 2nd straight year with 412k avg is 300k. My 5th cash of the 2012 WSOP and 3rd in the last week.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips 300k end level 16 avg is 316k lost a pot with 99 vs AK but definitely making all the right moves today.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips up to 470k now busted a guy with QQ vs 77. About 615 players left. Finished 211th last year I'm hoping to go deeperDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips someone at my table has 736k. That is me!!!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerAbsolute mayhem in the WSOP main event right now. Lots of random delays and people standing around waiting. No idea why or what is happeningDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerThis is an absolute mess. Never seen anything like this happen at the WSOP ever and it's happened several times today. Taking forever to fixDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@DNChips 370k 346 players left avg is about 560k blinds 5k-10k. Lost flip 99 vs KT to have a mill then missed two big draws. No worriesDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerDeja Vu in the WSOP main event onto day 5 with 302k. I don't care what the avg is. I don't care how many left. I'm handlin' my bizness.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerStarted day 4 with 22 bbs. I'll start day 5 with 25 bbs. No big deal. Been here before. I'll be tough to bust. That is all.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 449k end level 20 with 234 players left going to 8k-16k blinds. Won a nice pot before break. Really excited right now.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerIf you are in Vegas I'm at the features table today at Rio which is rail friendly. Feeling good about this one #WSOPDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerAt risk for the first time all tourney against 8 outs with one to come I was an emotional wreck but faded it! 750k now!!Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 686k end level 21 187 players left avg is a million ish. Blinds going to 10k-20k and I'm in da zone. Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerIt was a good run but I'm out in 160th place. Lost key pot with 44 vs 22 on 367 flop turn 2 put me in tough spot. Then KQdd vs AQ no good. Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerEven after the fact I can't imagine folding the 44 on the 6 river. Not much he could have that beat me. Time for some for some R & R Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerWhen a poker player busts from the ME he spend the entire drive home reliving every hand looking for ways he could have changed the outcome.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Venessa Selbst is one of the most aggressive players out there and a 4 bet from her can be a very large range.

gl to everyone still in it. hope we get some sweats!

Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerPlaying Day 1B worst table draw I've had in years I recognize 3 of the 5 players seated so far.

Doyle Brunson@TexDollyI'm not playing the main event because I'm really tired after 6 weeks of tough cash games, playing 10-12 hours every single day. Sorry.

Fargo is playing today and had an interesting situation and is fortunate to still be in.Adam Laskey@FARGOpoker11.5k. Raise JJ to 500. Clueless guy flats bb. Flop AT4 he chk i chk. Turn 8 he bets 900 i call. River J he bets 2600 i raise to 6600Adam Laskey@FARGOpokerHe pays off a ton there. He bankssss then calls with KQ for nuts. Now serving a 1rd penalty. Im freerolling cuz i wasnt gonna fold ever threAdam Laskey@FARGOpoker38,750 2nd break. 150/300 next

WSOP @WSOPW/ 2,114 entrants Day 1B drew almost twice as many ppl as 1A. Field @ 3,180 so far, w/ at least that many more players expected for 1C

I kid, but Geez if anybody should get some run good based on the run bad they've had at the WSOP it's Daniel. I think poker needs a guy with a motor mouth like he has in the November nine because all these Rain Man ****ing button pushing online dudes have really killed the spirit of the game.

Seems to be much more aggression for Day 1 of this event with the stuff I've read so far. All-ins pre-Flop with AK, JJ, 99 ... Calling off 70% of stack with AQ hoping the other guy doesn't have trips or AK. All this with way more than 100bb behind in most cases. Are these situations that easy to read or it this just 'tournament' poker 101 happening at the lower levels? Why would you go all-in on a 5-bet pre-Flop against a pro holding KK on the last hand of the night with a 100K stack? ... you have to know you only have 2 outs after the 4th bet, right? (V-Selbst v out-the-door-johnny). I realize AA-KK is a cooler of a hand, but really ... this is the main event. Even if you are wrong and she held AK or QQ, you still have 60K or so going into Day 2 and that amount would make quite a few folks very happy to have right now!!Good luck to Daniel ... seems to have been getting it in good in most cases and hitting low-end variance. Not sure what happened in 2-7 single, must have been card dead ... although he did indicate he tried a decent sized bluff and the guy had basically the nuts. Hope he continues to run good ... most Day 1 high chip counts are lucky to even cash sometimes cuz they go card dead at higher levels or don't slow down their aggression when things aren't going as smoothly as before.The number of Day 1s actually went down by 25%, not 33% ... but next year if they go back to 4 days it will go up by 33% ... crazy math!!