What Daniel Needs To Do To Stop Sucking At The Wsop

First off, I am a big fan despite the fact that I knocked you out of an Omaha tournament years ago, on FullContactPoker, and was supposed to receive an autographed hat which never got.I watched you play an early WSOP streaming event on-line this year..I can't recall which one but you cashed.So here we go. Please know, this is meant to help, not bash.First off, you were silent. The table was streamed on-line but not on TV. So, it is quite obvious that "talkative Daniel" exists when there is TV coverage. When there is not, you sit in silence playing with your phone. Be the social talkative guy. It helps you stay calm and get info regardless if you are on TV.Most importantly, put down the phone. You sat there like a middle school girl more concerned with texting and tweeting than the game you were in. Pay attention to the other players..look for live tells which were obvious. Seriously, screw social media and play some ****ing poker. Try it. It'll work. No phone..yes brackets. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

You're crazy, as team poker stars pro and Poker Vt dude he needs to promote his shit because at this stage of the game that is his Bread and Butter. Paychecks not Payouts....and Cashes...

First off, I am a big fan despite the fact that I knocked you out of an Omaha tournament years ago, on FullContactPoker, and was supposed to receive an autographed hat which never got.I watched you play an early WSOP streaming event on-line this year..I can't recall which one but you cashed.So here we go. Please know, this is meant to help, not bash.First off, you were silent. The table was streamed on-line but not on TV. So, it is quite obvious that "talkative Daniel" exists when there is TV coverage. When there is not, you sit in silence playing with your phone. Be the social talkative guy. It helps you stay calm and get info regardless if you are on TV.Most importantly, put down the phone. You sat there like a middle school girl more concerned with texting and tweeting than the game you were in. Pay attention to the other players..look for live tells which were obvious. Seriously, screw social media and play some ****ing poker. Try it. It'll work. No phone..yes brackets. Try it, you have nothing to lose.
A guy once punched me for my own good. Still haven't been able to wrap my head around the reasoning though.You conclude that just because Daniel didn't talk a lot in a game that wasn't televised, that the real DN is actually unsocial? And then you presume to tell DN how to play poker, I assume on the basis that you knocked him out of what sounds like a freeroll years ago? Seems like the weed is pretty potent where you live.If I send you an autographed hat, will that make you feel better?
  • 2 weeks later...

So for your first post you go and take a run at our host? Interesting ... As far as your comments, I have heard from interviews and comments that Daniel does pay very close attention to the other players when he first starts to play with them ... or he is referencing previous action with that player. Although I think you don't want to become overconfident in ones 'reading' skills, I would think that Daniel can pick up more while texting than most can pick up with 20 hours of film study. Not to say the opponents can't change their game, but most players have a 'game' they play and if he is comfortable with his 'data' then why beat a dead horse or strain the brain looking for something that isn't there.I would think also that the talking becomes limited at a final table due to the money involved for these players. If you were watching the webcast I did, then you were watching a Limit-Hold-em table and he was a short stack where it wouldn't matter what he tried to pick up at that point since all of his moves were going to be dicated by the cards he held, not what the other players were doing.Based on the information he lets out, it does appear that he is playing 'fast' but he is also running into the low end of 'variance' quite a bit the past few 'series so when he gets a decent hand the other player catches up or also had a decent hand to begin with. We don't see every hand, so it is almost impossible to judge his play ... could he sit on his hands a bit more? (ala Hellmuth, Matusow) Maybe, but that is not his game. Don't see anyone bashing Durr for never lasting more than 2 levels in any tournament ...

I think this is going to get you what you want.