Wsop Event #55 $1,000,000 Big One For One Drop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The largest buyin tournament in poker history will be starting at 1:11 PM Vegas time today with a capped field of 48 players made up of about one third rich amateurs and two thirds some of the best pl

STFU

Negreanu Rising; Mizrachi SlippingPosted 8 minutes ago by donpeters Daniel Negreanu has rushed his stack up to over 3.5 million in chips after taking two pots back to back. Here they are.On the first

what about Hellmuth not raising with AQ boat lol

Damn. Über-nit or God mode?
I'll go with uber-nit, I heard somewhere the other guy had a boat and it looks like only one hand could have the quads beat 9Tss, not knowing how the action went it's hard to say but seems pretty unlikely he just happens to have that exact combo but I guess that early in that huge of a game maybe........ no I couldn't make that fold. If by some miracle I could find a fold no way I'd show it.

I wouldn't mind Rast taking this thing down. Since I listed one thing that I wouldn't mind, why not two? So yeah, I wouldn't mind Katchalov coming in second.Nope, wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerThought I might finally get lucky AhT vs 99 and AA flop 974hh turn 8h. Needed a 6, J or a heart. River 9. Good news there is a $1500 NLH ugh

Smirnov Takes Care of Business; Dwan and Negreanu OutPosted 16 minutes ago by Happy_Freaked facebook23.pngtwitter23.pngba9793f10a0.jpgThe elimination of Tom Dwan and Daniel NegreanuWe just saw a massive clash on Table 446 in which both Tom Dwan and Daniel Negreanu got eliminated. Russian high roller Mikhail Smirnov busted the two top professionals when his top set held up.The action started off with Phil Galfond raising under the gun, and Dwan made the call in the hijack. Negreanu was in the cutoff, and he moved all in for his final 355,000 chips. Smirnov was on the button and he put in a four-bet to 700,000, and that got Galfond to fold.Dwan decided to move all in, putting in a five-bet, and Smirnov made the call putting two of the biggest names in this field at risk. Tom Dwan da.gifas.gif Daniel Negreanu ah.gif10d.gif Mikhail Smirnov 9s.gif9c.gif Dwan was in perfect shape to more than double up, but the flop spelled disaster when it rolled out 9h.gif4h.gif7d.gif. Smirnov had flopped a set and took a commanding lead. The turn was the 8h.gif, and this opened up a large amount of outs for Negreanu to stay alive."Wow! Do I have outs!" Negreanu shouted, and he added "If I was ever going to use my one time, this would be it!".Negreanu's one time didn't work out because the river was the 9d.gif, and Smirnov ended up with quad nines. Negrenau and Dwan got eliminated while Smirnov jumps to the top of the pack.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-55-the-big-one-for-one-drop-no-limit-hold-em/

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-55-the-big-one-for-one-drop-no-limit-hold-em/

when dawn tweets " who wants to book me in the 1 drop?" ---- what does he mean exactly?
Cross-booking.Taken from another fcp thread
A crossbook is when you basically bet on who will cash and will pay them a percentage based on how much they cash for.Example: 2 players make a 10% crossbook, player A cashes for $100, player B cashes for $500. Player A owes player B 10% of $400 (500-100), or $40. the percentage is based entirely on how much money you have to risk dependent on how much its possible to win.

I wish the online stream would have a running play by play somewhere. If they can do it for basketball that has continuous action, it sure seems like it would be a lot easier to do for poker. I don't want to just sit there and watch live poker, but if I could check in every now and then and be up to date on the action for whatever hand is going on, that would be nice.

I wish the online stream would have a running play by play somewhere. If they can do it for basketball that has continuous action, it sure seems like it would be a lot easier to do for poker. I don't want to just sit there and watch live poker, but if I could check in every now and then and be up to date on the action for whatever hand is going on, that would be nice.
Poker News has that with their updateshttp://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-55-the-big-one-for-one-drop-no-limit-hold-em/

I mean something like Gamecast.2mrxg6t.jpgSo when I start watching a hand in the middle, it will tell me who has done what leading up to the point I'm watching right now.I guess it would just be like a hand history, but live.

Richard Yong Eliminated in 8th Place ($1,237,333)Posted 1 minute ago by donpeters• Level 20: 250,000-500,000, 50,000 ante facebook23.pngtwitter23.png Hand #22: On the first hand back from the break, David Einhorn kicked things off on the button. From the hijack seat, Sam Trickett raised to one million and won the pot.Hand #23: Guy Laliberté had the button and action folded to Richard Yong. He raised all in from the hijack seat for 3.3 million and play folded to Brian Rast in the small blind. Rast reraised all in for 8.925 million and Phil Hellmuth folded from the big blind.Rast held the ks.gifjh.gif and Yong the ac.gif2h.gif. Yong was the player at risk in the hand.The flop came down 7d.gif5c.gif3c.gif and Yong stayed in front with two more cards to come. The turn brought the 2s.gif and Rast was down to the river to try and bust Yong.After a pause, Shaun "Shaun the Dealer" Harris dealt the kd.gif on the river and an explosion of cheers came from Rast's cheering section. Rast stood from his chair, arms held high above his head and celebrated his moment. Yong was all smiles was he shook the hands of everyone before leaving the stageRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-55-the-big-one-for-one-drop-no-limit-hold-em/