Wsop 6-Max 1500 Hand Vs Nam Le

He came to our table and only had one showdown where he raised button to 400 (at 100/200) and 4bet shove BB with AKo, doubled up to 9500.He hadn't seen my showdowns and not knowing how I played.Blind 100/200, I have 18k and open utg with two red 7s to 425. He flats from the button. Flop 8h2h8d. I bet 875, he shoves for 8100 more. ?It really seems to me he has no clue about my hand and was just shoving FD+2 overs or a smaller pair.

wish we had a better read, but this does reek of overs plus flush draw... I'm calling it off here i think...

yeah I think I'm just calling this off. You're still left with 45BBs if you call and lose. Flush draw seems to make up lots of his range. 8x, 22 and over-pairs are possible but don't really make too much sense.You'd assume he would 3bet QQ-AA. JJ-99 are possible I guess, but I'd just go with it here.

trueace13 we have two pair!!!
Pretty strong holdings I must say! I dunno, just think there are better spots than this high variance spot

Against decent online player, I'd fold because they pretty much know my range and I can tell the FD+2 overs are the bottom range of their jam 45bbs in a dry pot.My frustration against Nam is I think he plays old fashion way and didn't put me on a good pair. 77 is almost the worst pair I pot size bet here. Having said that I think smaller pairs are also in his shoving range. Preflop he almost always 3bet with 99+ on the button with 45bb. If we add small pairs in his range, this is a call.I actually folded 77 here but I'd snap call with 99+ especially when I don't have heart. Still, I should have called.

The most likely thing he has is overs and a flush draw but he may alse have a pocket pair and you're only dominating 33-66. Most of the time you're flipping or beat and you don't have much invested.. fold and wait for a better spot.

The most likely thing he has is overs and a flush draw but he may alse have a pocket pair and you're only dominating 33-66. Most of the time you're flipping or beat and you don't have much invested.. fold and wait for a better spot.
This is where I actually think it's wrong to think that. There are a lot of times where it can be right to 'fold and wait for a better spot' but I think here, if you think you're right to call (ie the pot odds vs villain's range) you have to call. This is not a spot where I'd 'fold to wait for a better spot'.

pokerstove whatever you think his range might be based on your experience. If he's capable of jamming 33-77 here because he has no idea what to do with his hand then its a call. If he's peeling with these hands then its way more of a fold.Normally Id give an opponent (in a vacuum) 55,66, 77, 87s,89s,8Ts, and all Fd holdings he could have. Against that range you probably have something like 48% equity or something so you'd have to call based on whats in the pot. I dont have pokerstove on this comp.

• Like 1
Against decent online player, I'd fold because they pretty much know my range and I can tell the FD+2 overs are the bottom range of their jam 45bbs in a dry pot. I actually folded 77 here but I'd snap call with 99+ especially when I don't have heart. Still, I should have called.
From what I have seen Nam plays tight-aggressive so he probably wouldn't do this without a pretty good draw holding or made hand. Against 2 over-hearts, this is dead even. I can see him shoving an 8 here as well (8-9ish), trying to induce you to draw to hearts. Lots of pros play to win and want to chip up by winning flips or go broke and move on to the next tournament or play cash. Do you have this option? Pros know this may be your only rodeo and apply the pressure as such ... even though you wouldn't have gone broke, it was 50% of your stack.I agree if you have 99 or better it could take some more consideration ... what are you drawing to if he has an 8 and you have the under-pair? Not much. Still pretty slim with an over-pair, but better. I think in this type of spot (against over-pair or heart draw) I would call much more often if I had trips or a set rather than 2-pair since I have more help in the deck. You do have the 7h, and I do look at that sometimes as well ... although in this hand you would NOT want it so it could hit the board had the hand played out a little slower.I lean more towards the fold, but if you felt like you were having a good day and the level wasn't going to change that soon then a call would be nothing to fret over either. Nam is the pro, he is supposed to get you to call here, right? He is the one who looks bad turning over Ah2x if he read you wrong ... I just don't see you more than 60% to win against anything he does this with unless he just wants to chip up or go home. It comes down to what type of player you are and how fast you think you can recover at this particular table ... being 6-handed, it could be rather quickly if you want to press the issue yourself. Good Luck