Wsop Event #2 $1,500 Nlhe - Good Luck Daniel And Fcpers

Event #2 of the 2012 WSOP is a $1,500 NLHE Event which should have a massive field since it's the only tournament being played today.Daniel and other FCPers including Justin (Fluffdog) Filtz are playing and I want to wish you all the best of luck.Poker News has updates and Daniel will be sending his updates as usual by Twitterhttps://twitter.com/...!/RealKidPoker/http://www.pokernews...-limit-hold-em/Daniel's Twitter UpdatesDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerWSOP starts in 45 min I feel very calm and relaxed. Throughout the WSOP follow this account AND @dnchips to see updates on your twitter app.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips end level 1 #WSOP2 5300 started with 4500 and was down to 3400 after rough start. @pokerkat and JJ Liu at my table.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips end level 2 #WSOP2 4100 blinds going to 50-100 next which is a key jump and time for some run goodDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips 3 times today I value bet top pair on the river and was outkicked all three timesDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker@dnchips end level 3 #WSOP2 1975 blinds going to 75-150. Has AK once and 77 once but card dead mostly. Still early.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerSome girl just drew this and handed it to me. #onlyattheWSOP http://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/status/207241705680928769/photo/1Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerBusted #WSOP2 cooler KJ vs 66 flop JJ6 turn 7 river 6. On to the next one tomorrow at noon. I played really good today at least

Since I am sitting sick at home and not doing anything else than following Event #2 of the WSOP (official chipcounts and updates plus Twitter), I thought I might aswell provide a service for those who took part in the Fantasy Pool. So I will put all the players from the draft here and update how they are doing, sorted by groups. Lots of questionmarks atm since quite a few haven't shown up in the chipcount or in updates yet, I hope that will change. If there are chipcounts given for a player, those are the ones I got from the official site or Twitter and they might not be up to date. If you find any additional info or mistakes, let me know, I will try to keep this updated the best I can.Edit: At this point, it is pretty safe to assume that the players with "?" behind their names didn't play, else we should have heard about them by now. But since I can't really confirm it, I will leave it as it is.GROUP 1Phil Ivey - BustedDaniel Negreanu - BustedElkY (Bertrand Grospellier) - BustedJason Mercier - 180th, won 2,893$Eugene Katchalov - BustedGROUP 2Dan Smith - 17th, won 18,890$Dan Kelly - BustedDaniel Cates - ?Dan O'Brien - BustedDaniel Alaei - ? GROUP 3Vanessa Selbst - 4th, won 161,345$Vanessa Rousso - BustedMaria Ho - BustedLiv Boeree - BustedJennifer Harman - BustedGROUP 4Scott Seiver - BustedShaun Deeb - BustedSorel Mizzi - BustedJonathan Duhamel - BustedBryn Kenney - BustedGROUP 5Isaac Haxton - BustedJustin Bonomo - BustedDavid Sands - 81th, won 5,261$Chris Moorman - BustedThomas Marchese - BustedGROUP 6Huck Seed - ?Phil Hellmuth - 61th, won 7,204$Barry Greenstein - BustedJohn Juanda - 25th, won 15,287$Erik Seidel - BustedGROUP 7Marvin Rettenmaier - BustedTobias Reinkemeier - ?Pius Heinz - ?Dominik Nitsche - BustedBenny Spindler - ?GROUP 8Tom Dwan - ? Gus Hansen - ?Patrik Antonius - ?Doyle Brunson - Not playingJohnny Chan - ?GROUP 9Sam Trickett - BustedJames Dempsey - BustedJake Cody - BustedJames Akenhead - BustedJ.P. Kelly - 8th, won 49,621$GROUP 10Praz Bansi - ?Faraz Jaka - BustedRam Vaswani - ?Vivek Rajkumar - ?Hasan Habib - ?GROUP 11Scotty Nguyen - ?Joseph Cheong - BustedDavid Chiu - BustedNam Le - BustedJC Tran - ?GROUP 12Viktor Blom - ?Chris Bjorin - BustedJuha Helppi - ?Annette Obrestad - ?Ville Wahlbeck - ?GROUP 13Gavin Smith - BustedMike McDonald - ? Shawn Buchanan - BustedMichael Watson - ?Erik Cajelas - ?GROUP 14Mike Matusow - ?Jean-Robert Bellande - 111th, won 3,531$Chino (David Rheem) - BustedMatt Marafioti - BustedTony G (Tony Guoga) - ?GROUP 15Brian Rast - ?Jason Somerville - BustedAdam Junglen - ?Jon Turner - BustedBryan Devonshire - Busted

Edited by NerigalVB

The dealer made a complete hash of the first hand of the day and he was immediately pulled from the tournament floor and sent for some extra tuition.

I think the reporter intended a different word.
I think the reporter intended a different word.
No, tuition can also be used that way as a way of saying instruction or teaching, it doesn't only mean the payment for school.
No, tuition can also be used that way as a way of saying instruction or teaching, it doesn't only mean the payment for school.
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen it used in that sense, but I did just look it up to confirm. I'd definitely use training, instruction, tutoring, or tutelage there before tuition.

Both Daniel and Fluffdog are out.Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerBusted #WSOP2 cooler KJ vs 66 flop JJ6 turn 7 river 6. On to the next one tomorrow at noon. I played really good today at least

Right now I am confused about Dan Kelly, I thought he busted because of a Tweet earlier (http://twitter.com/#!/djk123poker/status/207250913902080003), but now the official chipcount says he sits comfortably on 21k. No idea what to make of it tbh.Hmmmm... yeah saw the same chip count?

Hmm who to believe...shotty WSOP reporting or the guys actual twitter...(unless you are bigdogpckt5s)
While I do agree, I decided to let it in until confirmation to give everyone who picked him a little sweat. But it just got weirder since the official chipcount was updated and now has him on 32k - pretty hard to win 11k when busto. Is there maybe a second Dan Kelly playing that I haven't heard of? The plot thickens ...Edit: And back to 21k, but suddenly Dan Smith appears on the board with 32k. Maybe they somehow confused the 2 Dans?

While I do agree, I decided to let it in until confirmation to give everyone who picked him a little sweat. But it just got weirder since the official chipcount was updated and now has him on 32k - pretty hard to win 11k when busto. Is there maybe a second Dan Kelly playing that I haven't heard of? The plot thickens ...Edit: And back to 21k, but suddenly Dan Smith appears on the board with 32k. Maybe they somehow confused the 2 Dans? Really odd... but I'm hopeful as I have djk! Wonder if he thought he was covered all in then wasn't?? Seems odd though cause he would tweet that as well... maybe was joking... who knows? Anyone there that can go find him amongst the 800+ players left?

5/28/2012 6:41:22 PM PST (about 32 minutes ago)Shawn Buchanan EliminatedShawn Buchanan just got all the money into the middle in excellent shape but ended in fatal shape. He was holding Ax.gifQx.gif for two pair versus his opponent holding Ax.gifKx.gif. We believe the money went in on the turn and a cruel Kx.gif on the river brought his opponent a broadway straight and Buchanan was out. Shawn Buchanan 0 -10,000 delta_neg.png Given quality reporting like this who knows what to believe...

The PayoutsPosted 37 minutes ago by Happy_Freaked• Level 11: 600-1,200, 200 ante facebook23.pngtwitter23.png Place Prize 1st $517,725 2nd $322,294 3rd $224,029 4th $161,345 5th $117,921 6th $87,231 7th $65,377 8th $49,621 9th $38,106 10th-12th $29,923 13th-15th $23,655 16th-18th $18,890 19th-27th $15,287 28th-36th $12,479 37th-45th $10,324 46th-54th $8,565 55th-63rd $7,204 64th-72nd $6,112 73rd-81st $5,261 82nd-90th $4,538 91st-99th $3,970 100th-135th $3,531 136th-171st $3,176 172nd-216th $2,893 Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-2-no-limit-hold-em/

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-2-no-limit-hold-em/

Doc_Sands6:09pm via Twitter for iPhoneLost a 50k pot wLost a 50k pot when a shorty shoved just over 10bb blind v blind, I called w K8 and lost to Q4. Very next hand I dbl AK to AQ. Back to 50dansmithholla6:21pm via txtUp to 155k! Have jpkelly and gboro at my table, both with lots. 112 leftBrokeLivingJRB 6:28pm via Twitter for iPhoneHad to shove my last 40k w QQ over Elezra's AK. No good. Cashed for $3500. Go Eli!phil_hellmuth 6:32pm via TwittelatorTwelve 12 tables left: 108 players. I have around 115,000, ave 80,000. We play until 9 left or 2 AM. #FinalTableHunting #BraceletHunting

15 Left JP Kelley at #4 with 721k and Vanessa Selbst at #5 with 706k are still in. You only get bonus points in the pool if they make it to the final nine, so it should be fun to sweat them today.BTW Selbst has a chance to be the first woman to win a bracelet in an open event since she last did it in 2008.http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcounts.asp?grid=887&tid=12102

15 Left JP Kelley at #4 with 721k and Vanessa Selbst at #5 with 706k are still in. You only get bonus points in the pool if they make it to the final nine, so it should be fun to sweat them today.BTW Selbst has a chance to be the first woman to win a bracelet in an open event since she last did it in 2008.http://www.wsop.com/...d=887&tid=12102
Wait, so you don't get a small number of points for betting on Phil Hellmuth or Jason Mercier for example? Just the final table???
Wait, so you don't get a small number of points for betting on Phil Hellmuth or Jason Mercier for example? Just the final table???
Sorry you misunderstood what I said. Maybe I wasn't clear (I've been off coffee for 3 weeks now.)I said you get BONUS points for players that make the final table. :club:http://www.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-poy/formula.aspI said bonus points because all the players that cash pay out the same except for the final table. You get the same points for Mercier at #181 as for Dan Smith at #17.

Damn, I don't think that's well-structured. I think they should give points accordingly, as they do with the money from the prizepool. Oh well, can't do anything about it, now can I :club: Good thing Vanessa Selbst and JP Kelly are still up there with big numbers. If both make it to the final table do I get points for both of them or just for the one that does better?

You get points for every player you pick according to how they earn points in the Bluff WSOP Player of the Year.You might want to go back and read the rules as well as the link I posted.

The Final 9 PlayersWe will get official chip counts as soon as the final table is all set up. Players are now being moved to the Pavillion Room in order to play on the feature table. We will be back after the break. Jacob Bazeley 1,960,000Brent Hanks 1,558,000Andrew Badecker 1,553,000Vanessa Selbst 1,327,000Ryan Schmidt 1,200,000JP Kelly 610,000Michael Kaufman 437,000Abdyl Konjuhi 388,000Richard Park 383,000Looks like the live stream will be at:http://www.wsop.com/...eo/default.aspxhappyfreaked 4:24pm via TweetDeckLive stream update: Due to technical difficulties there will be no commentary. There will be a live stream when we reach the final 9.WSOP 4:31pm via WebWSOP live stream for Event#2 will begin when 9 players are set. Will likely be 30 minute break after we reach 9 to reset.