Players Attire And Attitude At Tv Tables

This is basically in reference to DNs video blog and the new WSOP rule etc. When DN says going down the 'respectable' route of everyone wearing suit and ties I think he is basically referencing Mike Sexton's blog post - http://www.partypoker.com/blog/general/poker-pros-wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee.htmlI think DN and MS's feelings are both similar at the core, they just differ in what direction they should change. The worst thing for poker tournament tv tables is to have quiet, unimaginative, boring people, wearing hoodies, sunglasses and ipods. I'm sure both MS and DN would agree with this. DN thinks it's better to be exciting, crazy, wild etc. whereas Sexton thinks everyone should be somewhat respectably dressed etc if they are going to be on TV. I don't think either are wrong in their thinking, but I think the main point of these arguments should be about trying to add some more personality back into tv poker and take away the whole 'hoody element' (I'm sure I don't need to expand into what I mean by 'hoody element').On a sidenote, what DN is encouraging is fine, but it can totally be misinterpreted. There was a time when people thought "let's make a total clown out of myself, make loads of noise, get on ESPN and score a sponsorship deal!". This is not what we want. People shouldn't feel under pressure to act crazy, it's just not in most people's personalities. It's definitely possible to be entertaining without acting like a clown.

I'm rooting for Ireland in the Euro 2012.And, yeah, would it be too much to ask for some reasonable attire at the TV tables? Next time Ivey shows up with open toe sandals and a popped collar golf shirt, I'm gonna blow!!!

Im kinda on the fence. It did strike me as wierd seeing Duhamel at a TV table in shorts, socks and flip-flops but that's mainly because id dress differently. Although, I dont see it as disrespectful at all. Personally, I prefer how Tony Dunst approachs dressing for the game but it doesn't mean i'll look down on someone who is "under-dressed".

nothing wrong with dressing for comfort but come on guys...half these guys look like they just came in from cutting the grass....they don't all have to dress like Marcel (classiest guy in poker) ,but have a little respect for the game

I don't see how someone dresses has anything to do with poker. For me poker is about diversity and freedom. If one person wants to wear shorts and sandals and another wants to wear a suit, that's more than fine with me.

The way I see it is if you're going to be sitting at a table playing poker for hours on end dress however makes you feel comfortable. Sure if you make a final table or are playing on a tv show you should make a little effort but I don't think you have to be suited and booted. What makes poker interesting is everyone is different and being yourself is something you should never sacrafice.

I'm rooting for Ireland in the Euro 2012.
yeah bro, I'm confident going into it! I've seen worse 80-1 shots!France did not qualify for the Euros for 24 years, then they won it in 1984.Greece did not qualify for the Euros for 24 years, then they won it in 2004.Ireland did not qualify for the Euros for 24 years, but now they have qualified....wrt dressing for comfort etc. I think the comfort excuse can only be pushed so far. If you are on a televised table, dressing a little bit respectably should be expected. Whether DN and MS would agree with that point, I'm not sure. What I think both would agree on though, is that boring people, wearing hoodies, sunglasses etc at a tv table is bad for the game.

Mike Sexton comes from Indiana and has a background as a salesman where a certain attire is seen as proper. I come from California where the way Mike Sexton dresses is seen as a bit hokey. But I don't tell him how to dress. He shouldn't tell me how to dress. If I were to ever play at a table against Mike Sexton, I would show up in a bathrobe just to throw his game off.