2012 Full Contact Poker Wsop Pool - It's Back

Here's the link to the WSOP Player of the Year standings on Bluffhttp://www.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-poy/Here's the link to the formulahttp://www.bluffmaga...poy/formula.aspWe aren't going to be calculating the results ourselves so don't expect our leaderboard to be updated before Bluff's is updated.
Thank you!
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just clicked buttons kind of like when I play poker.

One of the fun things that we should be able to do is publish the stats for how often each player is picked after entries are closed.

Honestly, I believe we will soon find out (next couple years) that Mercier is a fluke. he is very good but I don't believe "world Class".

I sure hope Doyle Brunson destroys the WSOP this year. Only 31 ppl out of 3600 picked him.If he does great he is a deciding factor in this contest for sure.Come on Doyle, I am not greedy, 2 bracelet wins is plenty!!! ... and a couple cashes. :club:

• Like 1

Event #2 results now posted. http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournaments/event/2012-43rd-Annual-World-Series-of-Poker-May-28-2012-Event-%232%3A-No-Limit-Hold%27em-2077-22914.htmlBut for the life of me, I can't figure out how they got 2.53 as the multiplier. According to their matrix it would only be 2.3. Anyone have any guesses?

I sure hope Doyle Brunson destroys the WSOP this year. Only 31 ppl out of 3600 picked him.If he does great he is a deciding factor in this contest for sure.Come on Doyle, I am not greedy, 2 bracelet wins is plenty!!! ... and a couple cashes. :club:
Most people didn't pick Doyle because he has stated he doesn't want to play in many events. He has stated he will probably only play in 5 events this year. He prefers the cash games to the tournaments. I don't think Doyle has as much to prove as the young guys do.
hasanhabib112:26am via WebHaven't played wsop yet. No bracelet bets = no 40 event schedule = no burnout ( 2 old for that sht ) = peace of mind. #gl2thegrindersMy reply to Hasan was:@hasanhabib1 Uh Oh. So I shouldn't have picked you for my fantasy team?His reply: still going to play 10 or so big buy in events. that should have me pretty relaxed and focused. I like my chances bud : ))
Event #2 results now posted. http://www.bluffmaga...2077-22914.htmlBut for the life of me, I can't figure out how they got 2.53 as the multiplier. According to their matrix it would only be 2.3. Anyone have any guesses?
It's because the buy in also effects the multiplier:"The points are calculated by multiplying the point factors from all three criteria"1st place: 100ptsBuy in ($1500) = 1.1Multiplier= 2.3100pts x 1.1 x 2.3 = 253pts
  • Like 1
hasanhabib112:26am via WebHaven't played wsop yet. No bracelet bets = no 40 event schedule = no burnout ( 2 old for that sht ) = peace of mind. #gl2thegrindersMy reply to Hasan was:@hasanhabib1 Uh Oh. So I shouldn't have picked you for my fantasy team?His reply: still going to play 10 or so big buy in events. that should have me pretty relaxed and focused. I like my chances bud : ))I'm in the same boat as you here... go Hasan!

Ok Gov,This shows a 1.00 multiplier for buy ins $2499 and under.http://www.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-poy/formula.asp

Ok Gov,This shows a 1.00 multiplier for buy ins $2499 and under.http://www.bluffmaga...poy/formula.asp
Governator isn't making it up. He's just pulling in the data that Bluff put up. I have no idea why Bluff's formula they posted and the results differ, but I trust the results they posted with the POY points.http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournaments/event/2012-43rd-Annual-World-Series-of-Poker-May-28-2012-Event-%232%3A-No-Limit-Hold%27em-2077-22914.html

Yes, it looks like the POY points they show on the event results page go towards to the 2012 Player of the Year standings, NOT the 2012 WSOP Player of the Year standings which uses a different formula (The one 2bthebest pointed out). I've had to reset our results to zero for now until we get the complete WSOP 2012 POY results. Hang tight, we'll let you know when the leaderboard has been updated.

So where exactly can you see how often each player has been picked? I looked through the whole thread, but I just couldn't find it...

Where are the stats as to how many people picked who from each of the 15 groups ... DN mentioned in the rant, but I don't see it here .. .might be at bluff site I guess. Where are Durr and Jake Cody? Haven't heard anything about them as of yet ...

Where are the stats as to how many people picked who from each of the 15 groups ... DN mentioned in the rant, but I don't see it here .. .might be at bluff site I guess. Where are Durr and Jake Cody? Haven't heard anything about them as of yet ...
Look back 3 posts in this thread

Not enough people picked Daniel Negreanu in group 1. He said he was going to have a big series. Meanwhile they picked Ivey who is going to do nothing. Out of the top 50 on leaderboard right now only about 5 picked Negreanu. Bad idea. He's going to play most every event and is really hungry and playing well this year.And might as well root for Negreanu because the 1st place prize is determined by his winnings. Seems like a no-brainer.As far as group 6 I think the obvious pick is John Juanda. I don't think he has a bad or losing World Series in the last 10 years. He is so consistent and plays all the games well.

Not enough people picked Daniel Negreanu in group 1. He said he was going to have a big series. Meanwhile they picked Ivey who is going to do nothing. Out of the top 50 on leaderboard right now only about 5 picked Negreanu. Bad idea. He's going to play most every event and is really hungry and playing well this year.And might as well root for Negreanu because the 1st place prize is determined by his winnings. Seems like a no-brainer.As far as group 6 I think the obvious pick is John Juanda. I don't think he has a bad or losing World Series in the last 10 years. He is so consistent and plays all the games well.
I think the obv pick was Daniel. 5 players to choose from is cool tho! The above poster's name is 5centHero which I find awesome for so,e reason.

In position number 66. Totally confident in winning it. I won £1200 when I was like 8 at bingo with 66 being the final number. #truestory #coolstory #bro

I agree with the reasoning for picking DN but I wouldn't say it's a no brainer. and yeah, it's definitely possible Juanda was the best pick in group 6, I opted for Hellmuth personally. I don't think he's a better player than Juanda but he had a great series last year andseems like he's capable of going deep in the mixed games tournies.