2012 Full Contact Poker Wsop Pool - It's Back

Thanks for hosting team FCP, this will be fun.I think I have a good chance since I picked names much akin to the girls that always win the football pools picking their favorite colors and animals for teams.

• Like 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just clicked buttons kind of like when I play poker.

One of the fun things that we should be able to do is publish the stats for how often each player is picked after entries are closed.

Honestly, I believe we will soon find out (next couple years) that Mercier is a fluke. he is very good but I don't believe "world Class".

Dang dang dang. Just heard about this being back. Loved it in the past, but a little too late this year. Boo. :club: Any chance for a 24-hour mulligan (since still hasn't bgun Event 2, and no money close to awarded yet), or a redo starting say Friday June 1? LOL. Good luck everyone! (Especially Daniel!!!)

Is there a way to access the list of players y'all used for the contest? I'd like to see it to pick for fun (and to maybe get a side pool going with my local and Facebook pals). Can't access any list here since contest closed. Thanks!-- Doh! Nevermind, just found the field at the bottom of the first post. I shouldn't have skimmed it and then jumped to the last page... Good luck again.

OK, without research and to get this time-stamped (for bragging purposes) by noon PT Monday, I'm backing EK, DA, VS, SD, CM, PH, PH, TD, JC, FJ, DC, VW, SB, DR and BR. Gotta be a contrarian...

And their off! Lots of big names in Event #2... Only seven of my players in so far... Going to be fun to watch especially with this pool... Go Daniel!
Found 10 of my picks so far in Event #2, but since Barry busted out already, I am back to 9. At least it seems as if Doc Sands and Sam Trickett are doing pretty good atm, not that it means much this early. GL to everyone!Edit: And back to 10 since Marvin Rettenmaier just joined, hopefully on a roll after winning the WPT.

snapback.pngSleepis4beginners, on 28 May 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:And their off! Lots of big names in Event #2... Only seven of my players in so far... Going to be fun to watch especially with this pool... Go Daniel!Found 10 of my picks so far in Event #2, but since Barry busted out already, I am back to 9. At least it seems as if Doc Sands and Sam Trickett are doing pretty good atm, not that it means much this early. GL to everyone!Edit: And back to 10 since Marvin Rettenmaier just joined, hopefully on a roll after winning the WPT. Bad luck Barry! I have Trickett and Sands as well... my recent winner is Marchese, I played in then watched a Venetian Deep Stacks that he made the final table in and eventually won... he's a machine...

Since I am sick at home, bored to death and not doing anything besides following the event on all sources I can find, I decided to do something useful and posted a list of all the players from the draft, sorted by groups, in the thread for Event #2. I will try to keep it updated, so everyone who wants to see how their players are doing can have a quick look:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=146109

laughing at myself! I had Sands then changed it to Marchese and they're in the same group so obviously I cannot have both...
Hehe =) Well, going by chipcounts atm (which, of course, mean basically nothing this early in the first of many tournaments) that might have been a good change. But who knows how up to date those counts are anyway, more than half of my picks haven't been updated in hours, some are still shown with their starting stacks. I hope that fancy new chip ChipTic thingy will make it easier to follow my players - we'll see when they first put it to use during the $3k Heads Up NL Hold'em / PLO Event tomorrow.Edit: Yay, I jinxed it - Marchese Busto.
maybe Dan Kelly who knows about him???
Seems he really is busted, at least he doesn't show up on the chipcount anymore.Doc Sands is a big hope for me atm since he somehow came back from 6K and now has a monster stack of 75k, JRB looks even better with 78k. Other players I picked that might still be in the race (although with the infrequent updates, you never know) are Liv Boeree, Shaun Deeb, Sam Trickett, Faraz Jaka, David Chiu and Gavin Smith. With a bit of luck, this might be a good start for me =)

Seems he really is busted, at least he doesn't show up on the chipcount anymore.Doc Sands is a big hope for me atm since he somehow came back from 6K and now has a monster stack of 75k, JRB looks even better with 78k. Other players I picked that might still be in the race (although with the infrequent updates, you never know) are Liv Boeree, Shaun Deeb, Sam Trickett, Faraz Jaka, David Chiu and Gavin Smith. With a bit of luck, this might be a good start for me =) Yeah Dan Kelly is out according to Pokernews... I think David Chui is out, so is Jaka... Liv, Shaun, Sam and Gavin still show as in...I have them as well kept for Liv...

Liv is out so is Sam....
Damn - taking your word for it and changed it in the other thread. If I may ask, where did you get the info about Liv, Chui and Jaka? Seems I am not getting all the information =)

Damn - taking your word for it and changed it in the other thread. If I may ask, where did you get the info about Liv, Chui and Jaka? Seems I am not getting all the information =) Pokernews chip counts... http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-2-no-limit-hold-em/chips.htm

Not entirely sure how accurate all the other chip counts are... Shaun Deeb has been same stack for awhile but they just adjusted Gavin Smith so looks like the little guys are being counted as well... Getting close to the money but they finish for the night soon...

Yep, the list should be pretty much up to date now - thanks for the hint with the chipcount on pokernews, way better than the official one. Which is weird, I thought it would be the same since they have the same updates. Anyway, good night!