2012 Full Contact Poker Wsop Pool - It's Back

We're very happy to bring back the Full Contact Poker WSOP Pool for 2012.2012 Full Contact Poker WSOP Pool Sign Up PageDaniel has put together 15 groups of players with 5 in each group. You choose the player from each group who you think will earn the most WSOP Player of the Year Points during the 2012 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas. Your team's score is the total number of Player of the Year points that your 15 players earn. The tie breaker is a guess of how much money Daniel will cash for at the WSOP this year.Here's the link to the official WSOP POY Standings on Bluff http://www.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-poy/Here's the link to the WSOP POY formula for earning points http://www.bluffmagazine.com/wsop-poy/formula.asp Here's the link to the Rules for the pool. http://fullcontactpo...p2012/rules.phpSome of the rules:

• You must be at least 21 years old to win a prize
  • You must have a valid FCP Forum Account to win a prize
  • Only one entry per person is allowed. If you enter more than once you will be disqualified from winning any prizes
  • Entries will be allowed up until Monday May 28th at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time

We hope that everybody has a lot of fun with this.

Prizes

Grand Prize
– 1% of Daniel Negreanu’s overall cashes at the 2012 WSOP in Las Vegas not including Event #55 “The Big One for One Drop” or Event #61 The $10K Main Event.
nd
– 5
th
– An Apple iPad 3
th
– 10
th
– A 6 Month Subscription to PokerVT
th
th
– A Signed Copy of “Power Hold'em Strategy” by Daniel Negreanu
GROUP 1Phil IveyDaniel NegreanuElkY (Bertrand Grospellier)Jason MercierEugene KatchalovGROUP 2Dan SmithDan KellyDaniel CatesDan O'BrienDaniel AlaeiGROUP 3Vanessa SelbstVanessa RoussoMaria HoLiv BoereeJennifer HarmanGROUP 4Scott SeiverShaun DeebSorel MizziJonathan DuhamelBryn KenneyGROUP 5Isaac HaxtonJustin BonomoDavid SandsChris MoormanThomas MarcheseGROUP 6Huck SeedPhil HellmuthBarry GreensteinJohn JuandaErik SeidelGROUP 7Marvin RettenmaierTobias ReinkemeierPius HeinzDominik NitscheBenny SpindlerGROUP 8Tom DwanGus HansenPatrik AntoniusDoyle BrunsonJohnny ChanGROUP 9Sam TrickettJames DempseyJake CodyJames AkenheadJ.P. KellyGROUP 10Praz BansiFaraz JakaRam VaswaniVivek RajkumarHasan HabibGROUP 11Scotty NguyenJoseph CheongDavid ChiuNam LeJC TranGROUP 12Viktor BlomChris BjorinJuha HelppiAnnette ObrestadVille WahlbeckGROUP 13Gavin SmithMike McDonaldShawn BuchananMichael WatsonErik CajelasGROUP 14Mike MatusowJean-Robert BellandeChino (David Rheem)Matt MarafiotiTony G (Tony Guoga)GROUP 15Brian RastJason SomervilleAdam JunglenJon TurnerBryan Devonshire

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just clicked buttons kind of like when I play poker.

One of the fun things that we should be able to do is publish the stats for how often each player is picked after entries are closed.

Honestly, I believe we will soon find out (next couple years) that Mercier is a fluke. he is very good but I don't believe "world Class".

In, went with some of the players more likely to play the non-holdem events and those who will have some bracelet bets on. Hoping Group 9 do well and rep the Brits!!!

Wow, I'm in but had a real hard time with Groups 1,3,12 !!Group 1: Daniel vs. Elky ??Group 3: Hellmuth vs. Seidel ??Group 12: Annette vs. Bloom ?? (went with Annette wondering if Bloom will crash and burn)

One of the fun things that we should be able to do is publish the stats for how often each player is picked after entries are closed.

• Like 2

omg this year is hard lolGroup 1 Jason Mercier or Eugene Katchalov but Elky for other games ???

In, went with some of the players more likely to play the non-holdem events and those who will have some bracelet bets on. Hoping Group 9 do well and rep the Brits!!!
That and I made it a point to pick players who I thought were more likely to play a full schedule i.e. I took Faraz Jaka over Hassan Habib because I think that he will play a lot more although I think that Habib is a more consistent player.
That and I made it a point to pick players who I thought were more likely to play a full schedule i.e. I took Faraz Jaka over Hassan Habib because I think that he will play a lot more although I think that Habib is a more consistent player.
Haha, I took the exact same line with Jaka>Habib. Exact same thought process. Great minds think alike maybe?
Can someone tell me how Ben Lamb is not on any of the lists?
I'm sure there are many well known/successful poker players left off this list. It's not like Daniel said these are the best of the best. It looks like he grouped them into the specific categories for a reason.

Yet another reason to make a WSOP site part of my home page set!!!! Thank DN and all the mods here for all you do!!!

I'm sure there are many well known/successful poker players left off this list. It's not like Daniel said these are the best of the best. It looks like he grouped them into the specific categories for a reason.
Agree. But still miss Lex and Sam Stein
Wow, I'm in but had a real hard time with Groups 1,3,12 !!Group 1: Daniel vs. Elky ??Group 3: Hellmuth vs. Seidel ??Group 12: Annette vs. Bloom ?? (went with Annette wondering if Bloom will crash and burn)
In as well, also had the hardest time with group 1. Wanted so badly to go with Katchalov, but how can you not pick Ivey knowing he has bracelet bets? I think Siedel will dominate Hellmuth and Blom is an easy lock knowing he is just trying to prove he is a dominant player in not just cash games. Also lol at some of the grouping. Asians, Easterb Europeans etc. And thanks to Daniel for putting this on. A real class act and great ambassador for the game.

If you need to make a change with regards to picks or tiebreaker, you can PM me and I'll adjust it (Before the May 28th deadline of course).You can also look up your picks & points anytime by going to the leaderboard page and doing a search for your FCP Forum Username: http://fullcontactpoker.com/wsop2012/leaderboard.phpSince my time has been occupied programming this system over the past week, I haven't had a chance to tweak the forum's performance. I'm going to make that my top priority going forward and will keep you posted.