Official Mt Rushmore Game Thread..

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Belvedere is on there. So, this show is about a Royal Butler , who gets canned from his job, and is hitchhiking, in Cleveland of all places, and devotes himself to being the bulter of a sports writ

Yeah, know your audience BigD. This audience is cool with the nazis, but what we're not fond of is men dressing up as women in order to trespass.

you sack of shit.

Great theme song, tho... Streaks on the china.. never mattered be for... who cares?

When you drop kicked your jacket.. as you came through the door, no one glared..

blah blah blah, blah blah blah..

According to our new arrival.. life is more than mere survival.. and we just might live the good life yet!

I'm picturing the scene in family guy where stewie gets pissed about everyone talking while he's trying to watch mr. b.

My mother the car is infamous. I'd figured you'd have heard of hogan's heroes from confessions of a dangerous mind, if nothing else. It was a huge hit

i believe you're thinking of auto focus. CDM was chuck barris of gong show fame.

you guys know what nazi's did in camps, right? Were no jews working at cbs?

were pows housed in the same camps as jews? that doesn't sound right...if so the red cross has some splainin to dooooo

were pows housed in the same camps as jews? that doesn't sound right...if so the red cross has some splainin to dooooo

No ( well, not the Western camps.. the russian POW's didn't even make it to camps, they were just shot). I'm just saying.. they are frigging nazi's! The ones running POW camps had to be SS.

Well see it's all propaganda.

HH first aired in '65. The civil rights act had just come out a year before and, fearing an upswing in neo-naziism, the jews sought to demythologize the power and efficacy of the third reich by making nazis appear to be bumbling fools. that's how the jews greenlit a comedy about the nazis.

• Like 1

I loved both Small Wonder and Hogan's Heroes. Suited, Hogan's Heroes is better than MASH. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.

Antoher 80's show I loved that should have made the list:

Sledge Hammer.

A show with an even weirder premise aired right after Sledge and I still remember it only from the opening credits as I was shutting off the TV. I think it was called The Charmings about a family that lived like they were in a fairy tale, but in the normal world. I never saw an episode, so I might have the name wrong.

I want to be clear, just because it's a weird premise, doesn't make it bad. Small wonder was bad, granted, but HH wasn't. For the era, at least.

What was so weird about Sledgehammer's premise, other than it breaking the 4th wall all the time, and being a parady of the Clint Eastwood style cops?

Frau stopped browsing, so here they are...

My Mother the Car is the Lincoln, and I haven't even watched a moment of it. The premise of this show is, a guy's mother died, and got re-incarnated as his... car. Who talks to him. This was back when there were only three networks, time on air was a precious commodity... and they put THAT on..

Mr Belvedere has been covered.

Hogan's Heroes. I don't think people, on the surface, think this show is that weird. But.. I mean, 20 years after the most brutal war in history, they make a slapstick comedy about a Nazi POW camp? I still don't understand how the hell that got on the air, much less was on the air for like a decade. Oh, those lovable, wacky nazi's!

And our final entrant, is of course, Small Wonder. A man invents a completely life like robot, in the guise of a 10 year old girl, and brings it home.. and instead of announcing to the world, hey, I've invented this super releastic robot, with legitimate, working artificial intelligence.. he instead keeps her existence a secret. So the wacky neighbors next door, are always trying to figure out the secret. Also, this robot for some reason ages when she gets "upgraded". Also, this robot uses food and drink as coolant. It's a ****ing god damn genius invention, it's shocking that this humble genius wouldn't share his vision with the world.

Goddammit!! I wanted to suggest My Mother the Car, but I've never seen it, and I only had one suggestion, not four.

I think Bosom Buddies belongs over Hogan's Heros. Two guys dress in Drag and hang out as women with the women they date. Just to live in a womens only apartment building (do those exist?).

Yes, women's only apartment buildings exist. The ones I've seen have rules that are specific to helping young professional women get their start. (less hookery than how I'm making this sound.)

A god damn slap stick comedy, about Nazis. Why doesn't this strike people as weird?

Not only was it a slap stick comedy about Nazis, there were quite a few episodes where the incarcerated heroes had too much food. The French prisoner was of course a chef, and he routinely smuggled in fine ingredients. I think I remember some of the "prisoners" having to diet every once in a while.

I want to be clear, just because it's a weird premise, doesn't make it bad. Small wonder was bad, granted, but HH wasn't. For the era, at least.

What was so weird about Sledgehammer's premise, other than it breaking the 4th wall all the time, and being a parady of the Clint Eastwood style cops?

The whole premise was a cop show where the main cop was legitimately insane. The running joke was how he was always talking to his gun and might be having sex with it, and yet this person was allowed to do basically whatever he wanted, including but not limited to blowing up entire buildings to "catch" a bad guy. For this, he just got screamed at for a little bit.

The Wire

The Shield

NYPD Blue

Hill Street Blues

I haven seen a single episode of 3 of these.

What the hell, give ppl a chance to guess! Its a game, after all.

To be fair to Guapo, he did give us 8 minutes.

I haven't seen a single episode of any of Guapo's or Frau's picks.

Mine would be:

The Wire

X-Files

Brooklyn 99

SledgeHammer

• 7 months later...