Going Back To School

I have decide to go back to school and get a new degree at 38. My wife and my 16 year old daughter say I am to old. I will be doing all on line. Just not happy with Job right now and ready for a change. Looking for people's opinion on what they think. A lot of it I can do for free so don't see the big deal.

Not to old at all! I'd say go for it just be sure it's a field thats going to hold your interest and that when you're done jobs are still going to be in demand. Best of luck.

I'm not sure how you're going to join the diving team with an online university but sure go for it

I'm not sure how you're going to join the diving team with an online university but sure go for it
Muff diving scholarship
A free online degree should set you up nicely in your new career.
Not say it free to get it done I can do this for almost free.
If you tell us what kind of degree it is, that would help. As it stands, it sounds like you're getting scammed somehow.
Just in business. I have a degree in construction management and in project management.

Your grammar, it's horrible. Also, your wife and daughter might be terrible people.Those issues aside, even if the online degree doesn't cost you much money, it'll certainly cost you a lot of time. I would strongly recommend not bothering unless there's a very specific degree/job you're looking at. A generic "business" degree really won't get you anywhere in the job market these days.Edit: I'm not saying you shouldn't go back to school...I think you really should if that's what you want. But I think you need to think about what you'd like to do with your life, and find a program specifically tailored to that degree.

But you called his wife and daughter horrible. You haven't even seen their pictures. Maybe he's foreign and English isn't his first language. Sheeeesh Speedzy

I would *strongly* suggest you avoid any degree from any school that isn't state run or an otherwise respected private institution. The most brutal part about these "University of Phoenix" type degrees is that the people who wind up getting them don't understand what a tragic let-down they're really in for. They are a one-way ticket into the HR "No Consideration" pile. That said, there are several online/distance courses from fully accredited and respected institutions (including state run ones) where your degree doesn't look any different than the one obtained by the people who lived on campus at 19. Rightly so. Just as it's completely ****ing stupid to give kids 'summers off' in the 21st Century (ostensibly to harvest their 19th Century Crops) , the idea that the only way to learn is to move to a college at 18 and listen to professors talk for four years is equally outdated. I disagree with the idea that it's 'never too late'. 40-45 is seriously approaching too late, where you might as well just hunker down and be whatever it is that you've become, so IMO, you're on the cusp. It's now or never. The 4-6 years you invest now will improve the next 25 years of your life, so it's probably worth it. Wait much longer, it won't be.(A+ on the Popcorn avatar)

wait, you're got a daughter? digits?
Pass. She's a little old.

Ages ago, I went to Travel Agent School. It was a huge waste of money, but not time. I never got a job in the industry, which would have largey involved me whoring myself as a sales-person over the phone and/or booking calls as part of a call centre. In both cases, anyone with reasonable computer skills could have learned how to do those things without spending $3K for a 3-6 month course.That being said, I met some nice people and had fun.Spend time researching the true requirements at a place you'd like to work. Maybe even go to that place and approach HR to get more info and, perhaps, ararnge an internship. At very least, ask what kind of accreditation is required and what "colleges" are legit.

Just in business. I have a degree in construction management and in project management.
you already have a degree and 15 or so years in the real world? what type of job do you expect to get with business degree that you can't get now? if you have been doing construction and project management you should have a good to very knowledge of all basic business needs...i own a construction company if one of my PM's would need to go to business school he is probably isn't the right guy for the job - wait - i have one of those and he is not the right guy.