2012 Playoffs Thread

I didn't mean to make this a discussion on fighting. I was just talking about some of the stuff that happened this weekend. Headhunting, cheap shots, general douchebaggery.
Yeah...first week of the playoffs basically sums it up. With eight series' being contested and 2-4 playoff games going every single night there's going to be a lot more physical and emotional play to discuss. It tightens up in the later rounds when everyone remembers that winning 16 games is a marathon and you can't keep this up that long.
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp, blacked out of this game as well.
Dude move to real city. How can younot see this game? The NBC feed gets blacked out here but fsn carries the game. I would think your city would have the same. I am confused. But also exhausted. The game is boring anyway.
Dude move to real city. How can younot see this game? The NBC feed gets blacked out here but fsn carries the game. I would think your city would have the same. I am confused. But also exhausted. The game is boring anyway.
pretty sure every blues fan in KC is feeling this agony. the royals trump the blues.
pretty sure every blues fan in KC is feeling this agony. the royals trump the blues.
I know it sucks not seeing the games but my most vivid memory of any sporting event, ever, was when JP Parise scored in OT to eliminate the Rangers (I just dated myself big time). It was only the first round but I was crushed. It was best of 3 then. Series tied 1-1. Rangers down 3-0 going into third. They score 3 times to send to OT. That third period was like no other. Never got a more electric feeling from any game, from any other sport, at any time, ever. But 11 seconds into OT: DEVESTATION. I don't have any hockey memory more real in my mind then the one I only heard on the radio
I didn't mean to make this a discussion on fighting. I was just talking about some of the stuff that happened this weekend. Headhunting, cheap shots, general douchebaggery.
Fwiw, many of the things your saying I agree with you, and can see your argument/viewpoint. Nothing pisses me off more then watching some of the best hockey players in the world have to deal with the crap that goes on. For example, I'm a big fan of the Sedins, and they get cheap shotted+called pussies for not fighting back. If I wanted to see a fight, Id watch a different sport.I love the hitting in hockey, but I can do without 95% of the fights that I have seen over the last 20+yrs of watching NHL hockey. There are lots of players who can hit, and take hits, who I consider very tough, good hockey players. I think NOT fighting, while playing a tough game like hockey, is a sign of true character+toughness.
Fwiw, many of the things your saying I agree with you, and can see your argument/viewpoint. Nothing pisses me off more then watching some of the best hockey players in the world have to deal with the crap that goes on. For example, I'm a big fan of the Sedins, and they get cheap shotted+called pussies for not fighting back. If I wanted to see a fight, Id watch a different sport.I love the hitting in hockey, but I can do without 95% of the fights that I have seen over the last 20+yrs of watching NHL hockey. There are lots of players who can hit, and take hits, who I consider very tough, good hockey players. I think NOT fighting, while playing a tough game like hockey, is a sign of true character+toughness.
I hate players who feel a fight needs to happen after a clean hit. I get fighting for a cheap shots but clean hit fights annoy me to no end.
I watched the royals game. It was over shortly after 10. Fsn Detroit has 2 channels so when the tigers are playing like tomorrow night one gets moved to fsn + so both are shown.
Concur.Strat, if you want to watch the game in poor quality, you could always go here:

Torres is the worst

Can I submit Raffi Torres to the dirty list? Anytime I see him play it seems like he's trying to injure someone.Also, Scott Nichol might be dirty but he does have value: Good at faceoffs; generally a good grinder.
dirty playerSomehow, Shark players seem to get injured in games vs Edmonton. And, Torres is always involved.
torres is such a goon.that instigator penalty they gave to murray was total BS too.Luckily the sharks luckily got lucky and luckily tied it up at the last minute. Luckily.
it's ok, I wouldn't have watched it anyway. I was disgusted as soon as I saw it was blacked out.plus, I was jamming out to some sickass tunes in bed. total darkness, noise canceling headphones, no alarm set for the next morning. fuckin great.
Add just enough alcohol to get a small buzz. Makes it that much better imo.

Matthew Barnaby ‏ @MattBarnaby3636 Torres is going to pay a price that is deserved! I think we are looking at 8-10 games.I'll take the UNDER.

Matthew Barnaby ‏ @MattBarnaby3636 Torres is going to pay a price that is deserved! I think we are looking at 8-10 games.I'll take the UNDER.
Pfft....two games absolute max. And my money would go on the side that he doesn't get a suspension at all.

Torres is such a piece of chit. I have no particular love for the 'Hawks or Hossa, but that was just a completely BS hit and it was clear he elevated as he drove into the hit. What a fckwad.

Pfft....two games absolute max. And my money would go on the side that he doesn't get a suspension at all.
How about "indefinitely?"He'll miss at least one game because the hearing isn't until Friday. I'd guess now that he'll get more than that.Coyotes announcer receives death threats for saying it was a clean hit.Seems like that might be a bit of an overreaction.

Prolly gets 8.Tyson Nash is pretty awesome, probably just made a mistake there. No biggie.To be completely fair, he really didn't leave his skates until contact, but he was clearly trying to project himself upwards.

Prolly gets 8.Tyson Nash is pretty awesome, probably just made a mistake there. No biggie.To be completely fair, he really didn't leave his skates until contact, but he was clearly trying to project himself upwards.
In my mind and by the laws of physics, this actually should make the hit have more power.

Right, not saying it's any cleaner, but by the rule book, he didn't really "charge", in that he was on his feet until the contact. In a lot of clean hits, the hitter comes off his skates after impact, not always because he's trying to thrust himself upwards.Torres is a dink.Remember that time he and his wife decided to dress as Jay Z and Beyonce for halloween, in complete black face....?