2012 Playoffs Thread

How is Jonathan Quick not called Johnny Quick? That could possibly be the best goalie name ever! Now if his middle name starts with a "B" :club:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not watching, but I see Halak out without giving up a goal. What happened?
looks like my FSN affiliate doesn't have it, and CNBC is something finance-related. looks like one of those nights I'd need to have bought the cable center ice package to watch the game, as I'm sure it's blacked out online.I'm sure he's injured.
looks like my FSN affiliate doesn't have it, and CNBC is something finance-related. looks like one of those nights I'd need to have bought the cable center ice package to watch the game, as I'm sure it's blacked out online.I'm sure he's injured.
All games are on TV. Centre Ice/Gamecenter wouldn't have any games anymore. 1st round local feed has priority, so if your FSN decided not to air it, then you're ****ed. Even I got the FS Blues feed, lol. All games are carried nationally (except when local feed has priority), so CI/GCL wouldn't help.
How is Jonathan Quick not called Johnny Quick? That could possibly be the best goalie name ever! Now if his middle name starts with a "B" :club:
Jonathan Douglas "Jon" QuickJohnny D. Quick!

Why do I always forget that the thing least likely to happen in the finals, is always gonna happen. Stanley Cup fav Pitt down 3-0? DoneThis feels like a good time to bet on van to win the Cup. Here comes schneider.

I'm feeling a Jon Quick shutout tonight for some reason.
Have some lottery numbers too?Actually The Kings and Flyers arent really a surprise that they could of won the series but no one predicted a clean sweep..You have to give it to the Flyers they made some ballsy moves in the off season, but it has paid off ...Getting the assets they did for Carter and Richards have paid dividends already AND they are much younger...Also we must remember they are missing one of the best dman in the NHL history
Haglin got 3 games for his elbow.On that scale should Asham get the rest of the playoffs ?
There was a whole lot of bullshit going on over the weekend. It's pretty much why I can never take hockey seriously. I don't know if there was a back story to what happened in the Rangers game, but the fact that a guy can skate up to someone, throw two punches to a guy's face, and then jump on him and start throwing punches after he's gone down is ridiculous. And then the guy who skates over to try to save the guy getting pummeled gets ejected?Also, Crosby seems like the type of guy who does a lot of douchebag stuff because he knows he can get away with it.
There was a whole lot of bullshit going on over the weekend. It's pretty much why I can never take hockey seriously. I don't know if there was a back story to what happened in the Rangers game, but the fact that a guy can skate up to someone, throw two punches to a guy's face, and then jump on him and start throwing punches after he's gone down is ridiculous. And then the guy who skates over to try to save the guy getting pummeled gets ejected?Also, Crosby seems like the type of guy who does a lot of douchebag stuff because he knows he can get away with it.
I'd argue with you on some of your secondary points, but the bolded part just makes me want to shut up. If I wasnt such a fan already, Id probably feel the same.Its a joke right now. If I wanted to be entertained by stupid theatrics, Id watch WWF/WWE whatever.
I'd argue with you on some of your secondary points, but the bolded part just makes me want to shut up.
Maybe I stated that too strongly; I'm still watching. But these playoffs have been worse than normal, right?
I think Carkner well deserved his ejection and the fact that Dubinsky was tossed with him is just shameful officiating. You can't be third man into a fight when there clearly isn't a fight, it's just one player wailing on your teammate. Crosby has been almost superdouche this series...if he'd concentrate more on being one of the best players in the world rather than trying to get even on the unofficial scoresheet maybe this series would be closer. You have to decide what's more important, staying in the playoffs or "winning" the block war.

FWIW, yesterday's Pens-Flyers game was one of the top 5 hockey games I've ever seen in my life. I'm enjoying this year's playoffs more than any year I can remember, but that could easily be due to the fact that I love watching Vancouver and Pittsburgh lose and my team didn't make it so I don't have to be all keyed up about their performance or lack thereof.