2012 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Brendan Shanahan‏@NHLShanaBanWe have taken the extraordinary step of equipping the linesmen with pepper spray for tonight's #PitPhi game. Seemed prudent.

Teams I hope win the Cup:St. LouisNashvilleFloridaOttawaPhoenixTeams I'd be ok with winning:Los AngelesSan JoseTeams I'm on the fence about:VancouverDetroitPittsburghWashingtonNYRNJTeams that I'm meh about winning:ChicagoPhiladelphiaTeams that can fuck off:Boston

It appears I made some drunk bets the other night.$20 each:Bieksa vs Booth, total pointsElias vs Parise, total pointsPerron and McDonald vs Oshie and Backes, total pointsI have the left side of them, and apparently made the second one vs two different people.Go me.

The following are sort of predictions but mostly what I WANT to see happenRangers over sens in 4Washington over Boston in 6Florida over nj in 6Philly over Pittsburgh in 3 (yes I said 3)La over vancouver in 6San Jose over St Louis in 6Chicago over Phoenix in 5Detroit over Nashville in 7Rangers over the Kings in the Finals.GO RANGERS...GO TORTS...

Rangers over sens in 5Boston over Washington in 5NJ over Florida in 5Pittsburgh over Philly in 7Pittsburgh over Rangers in 7Boston over NJ in 5Boston over Pittsburgh in 6Vancouver over LA in 7St. Louis over sj in 5Phoenix over Chicago in 6Nashville over Detroit in 5Vancouver over Nashville in 7St. Louis over Phoenix in 5St. Louis over Vancouver in 5St. Louis over Boston in 7, in a fantastic series that no one watches.I have a bet on St. Louis to win the West, and an accidental parlay on St. Louis, Phoenix and NJ to win their round 1 series.

I have a bet on St. Louis to win the West, and an accidental parlay on St. Louis, Phoenix and NJ to win their round 1 series.
Phoenix is going to screw you on that one.
I didn't get to watch the game, but I did get to eat delicious salmon. I'm still a winner.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm salmon.I prefer Atlantic by a wide margin.
Rangers over sens in 5Boston over Washington in 5NJ over Florida in 5Pittsburgh over Philly in 7Pittsburgh over Rangers in 7Boston over NJ in 5Boston over Pittsburgh in 6Vancouver over LA in 7St. Louis over sj in 5Phoenix over Chicago in 6Nashville over Detroit in 5Vancouver over Nashville in 7St. Louis over Phoenix in 5St. Louis over Vancouver in 5St. Louis over Boston in 7, in a fantastic series that no one watches.I have a bet on St. Louis to win the West, and an accidental parlay on St. Louis, Phoenix and NJ to win their round 1 series.
In your scenario Danny, the Rangers would play the Devils in round 2
Rangers over sens in 5Boston over Washington in 5NJ over Florida in 5Pittsburgh over Philly in 7Rangers over Devils in 4Boston over Pittsburgh in 7Boston over Rangers in 6Vancouver over LA in 7St. Louis over sj in 5Phoenix over Chicago in 6Nashville over Detroit in 5Vancouver over Nashville in 7St. Louis over Phoenix in 5St. Louis over Vancouver in 5St. Louis over Boston in 7, in a fantastic series that no one watches.I have a bet on St. Louis to win the West, and an accidental parlay on St. Louis, Phoenix and NJ to win their round 1 series.
In your scenario Danny, the Rangers would play the Devils in round 2
Damnit. Edited with corrections, but I like this scenario way less. I think the Pens can easily beat the Bruins in Round 2 if they meet up, and I'll be rooting for them to do so!

Went to the Panthers game. Crowd was great, really nice arena. Shame they started out so badly but they fought back and made it a game. Hopefully, they can make it a long series.....I would definitely go back for a pivotal Game 5.

Went to the Panthers game. Crowd was great, really nice arena. Shame they started out so badly but they fought back and made it a game. Hopefully, they can make it a long series.....I would definitely go back for a pivotal Game 5.
I'd love to see them knock the Devils out.

pretty much went all in on PIttsburgh in my playoff auction draft this year. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, and Dupuis. I'm screwed if they bow out in the first round.

pretty much went all in on PIttsburgh in my playoff auction draft this year. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, and Dupuis. I'm screwed if they bow out in the first round.
They only have to win 4 out of 5 games.