One Of Those. Days Again

tonight i was at a brick n morter card room, and was sitting down. and every time i was dealt AKs AQs or any over cards, the flop would be all low like 4 5 9every time i had suited connectors like 78s 89s the board would flop QQ10or flop all the same suit of wich was not mine. i only played an hour n a half and knew it was gonna be a bad night. so i racked up and went home. ill try again in the morning. this has only happened 2 other times to me in the last 20 years.anyone else run in to this? if so, what did you do?

You did the right thing by leaving.If you aren't in the right frame of mind to play just leave and play another day, A lot of people talk about staying in the game if it's a good one and if they have an edge but nobody plays their best when they are running poorly and the difference between somebody's A Game and their D Game can be massive.If you're going to play a short session far better to do it when losing and keep your long sessions for when you're winning. Playing "Stuck and Stay, Hit and Run" poker isn't a recipe for success.

If that has happed only 3 or 4 times in 20 years then you must run very good!! I play in 2 different rooms and it is unreal how you can run good in one room and then tank in the other the same day. I have to vary my play for the types of players in each room but you still get those runs. The math says different, but I have seen patterns at the table of one seat 'always' beating another seat, regardless of holdings or where one seat goes busto 4 or 5 times in a short period of time. I had never really bothered with the deck changes or seat changes, but the more I pick up on these patterns the more I am tempted to start 'applying' those tactics when I play.Try this stretch of hands ... after about 3 hours of growing my stack very nicely. In the span of 12 hands (of which I only played in 5 hands) I was dealt (QQ v JJ), (AA v KK) and (KK v AK) and was out drawn on the Flop each time. Now never mind the math involved with getting those hands over a short period of time ... but to lose all 3 of those hands in a row is a 3 of 500 (0.6%) probability. And thus ended what looked like a nice steady day.So I figure I gotta get back on the horse eh? Next session, same growing stack, flop a set against 'the right player' and check raise the dry Flop with an over-bet ... he hits a higher set on the Turn after the 'awful' call. Very next hand, flop a straight ... again with the check raise over-bet (all-in this time since he got 70% of my stack on the previous hand) ... he hits a higher straight on the Turn. Have a nice day!!These are all situations where you want the calls ... and you get people to make the calls!! And yet you leave with these beat downs wondering when the math is going to finally come around to your side and your opponents think they are great players. I am not going to lose faith in my game, but it is hard to keep going when you start dipping into your bankroll more than you would like to!! :club:

when i said that it only happened 2 or 3 times in the past 20 years. i mean loosing every hand. usually things like this happen, but they correct after about 6 or seven hands played. last night i was playing too man. hands and getting crushed every time. but, i was folding on the flop every time. so the damage was minimal. the first time i ran bad like this. it lasted 3 months. loosing every hand. not 1 win. i started to think i was not doing something right. and my mind started telling me i shoulda did this or that. my bank roll was down to the last 20.00 when the loosing streak finally broke. last night, i saw this happening and after 1 hour. i said. im the sucker here if i stay. i think i shoulda left after 30 minutes. but im not that smart. lolim going to the card room in 20 minutes and will see if i do better after time off.

this seems like the best solution
never in my life played omaha. whats the best way to learn? dive in head first? or just readup on it?
never in my life played omaha. whats the best way to learn? dive in head first? or just readup on it?
I just dove in one day at the local room ... some players wanted to play round by round and I had a good stack that day so I thought I would put in some R&D time. Ended up a huge winner by winning 3 or first 4 hands ... but the experience was good. And with round by round at least you get some NL mixed in there where you may feel more comfortable. I have found that quite a few players just coast through the NL round just to get back to PLO ... good spots to just take down pots and get some of the 'antes' you will need for the PLO round. Good luck ... but be ready for much larger swings to your stack as the nuts changes on every street most hands.
Pot Limit Omaha
THIS is always the answer!!
If that has happed only 3 or 4 times in 20 years then you must run very good!! I play in 2 different rooms and it is unreal how you can run good in one room and then tank in the other the same day. I have to vary my play for the types of players in each room but you still get those runs. The math says different, but I have seen patterns at the table of one seat 'always' beating another seat, regardless of holdings or where one seat goes busto 4 or 5 times in a short period of time. I had never really bothered with the deck changes or seat changes, but the more I pick up on these patterns the more I am tempted to start 'applying' those tactics when I play.
:club::ts:4h:5c:3h:qh:jh
If that has happed only 3 or 4 times in 20 years then you must run very good!! I play in 2 different rooms and it is unreal how you can run good in one room and then tank in the other the same day. I have to vary my play for the types of players in each room but you still get those runs. The math says different, but I have seen patterns at the table of one seat 'always' beating another seat, regardless of holdings or where one seat goes busto 4 or 5 times in a short period of time. I had never really bothered with the deck changes or seat changes, but the more I pick up on these patterns the more I am tempted to start 'applying' those tactics when I play.Try this stretch of hands ... after about 3 hours of growing my stack very nicely. In the span of 12 hands (of which I only played in 5 hands) I was dealt (QQ v JJ), (AA v KK) and (KK v AK) and was out drawn on the Flop each time. Now never mind the math involved with getting those hands over a short period of time ... but to lose all 3 of those hands in a row is a 3 of 500 (0.6%) probability. And thus ended what looked like a nice steady day.So I figure I gotta get back on the horse eh? Next session, same growing stack, flop a set against 'the right player' and check raise the dry Flop with an over-bet ... he hits a higher set on the Turn after the 'awful' call. Very next hand, flop a straight ... again with the check raise over-bet (all-in this time since he got 70% of my stack on the previous hand) ... he hits a higher straight on the Turn. Have a nice day!!These are all situations where you want the calls ... and you get people to make the calls!! And yet you leave with these beat downs wondering when the math is going to finally come around to your side and your opponents think they are great players. I am not going to lose faith in my game, but it is hard to keep going when you start dipping into your bankroll more than you would like to!! :club:
0005.gif

It's just one of them days That a girl goes through When i'm angry inside Don't wanna take it out on you Just one of them things Don't take it personal I just wanna be all alone And you think i treat you wrong