Exploitation Of The Trayvon Martin Killing

If If If...we could play that game all damn day.I love how NBC still wants to trump this up... "Zimmerman, A White man with hispanic heritage". Seriously? Lets highlight the most controversial angle to decribe him. You think thed'y have learned their lesson.And Trevons father is also on the Police interview transcript where he told investigators the screams did not belong to his son when he heard the recordings two days after the shooting.:insert carnival music here:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "if's" are pretty reasonable especially on a forum where the "slippery slope" argument is thrown around daily. I'm not even talking about how the media has spun the story, the only facts that seem to be known are that Zimmerman after being told not to followed and approached Martin-its very reasonable to suggest from his tone in the recorded calls that it was in a hostile or aggresive manner and boggles me that people think theres nothing criminally wrong with that nor should there be. With the little we actually know I don't think he should be facing the charges he is but to say that he's not accountable is ridiculous.

He was not told 'not to follow'He was asked if he was following, when he said yes they clearly said : That is not necessary"This is after multiple other calls where the police arrived too late to catch the persons breaking into houses in this community.Zimmerman is responsible for escalating the situation, I agree with you. But he was never ordered to not follow as has been reported. He also is the one calling the police from the beginning, which clearly makes the prosecution fools for trying him on pre-meditated anything..Two guys, made a mole hill into a mountain, and one of them paid way too high a price.But involuntary manslaughter is the worst he should be tried for. And his attorney would have a reasonable defense that he was entrusted to 'watch' the neighborhood, and the high level of crime gave him a reasonable excuse to escalate.I think a jury could go either way.But it is interesting that the media has completely dropped this story, now that its not a clear case of a white guy chasing down a child who was only eating skittles and shot him in the back for being black. In the mean time they are ignoring the number of racists attacks on whites by blacks who are citing Trayvon as their reason.

He was not told 'not to follow'He was asked if he was following, when he said yes they clearly said : That is not necessary"This is after multiple other calls where the police arrived too late to catch the persons breaking into houses in this community.Zimmerman is responsible for escalating the situation, I agree with you. But he was never ordered to not follow as has been reported. He also is the one calling the police from the beginning, which clearly makes the prosecution fools for trying him on pre-meditated anything..Two guys, made a mole hill into a mountain, and one of them paid way too high a price.But involuntary manslaughter is the worst he should be tried for. And his attorney would have a reasonable defense that he was entrusted to 'watch' the neighborhood, and the high level of crime gave him a reasonable excuse to escalate.I think a jury could go either way.But it is interesting that the media has completely dropped this story, now that its not a clear case of a white guy chasing down a child who was only eating skittles and shot him in the back for being black. In the mean time they are ignoring the number of racists attacks on whites by blacks who are citing Trayvon as their reason.
It is not really clear that zimmerman did in fact escalate the situation. According to him, after being told to back off, he did, then was jumped by martin.An interesting fact about this whole thing is, suppose zimmerman never called 911,and the only evidence was the injuries to zimmerman, and a shot martin. They wouldnt have charged him with anything.
I think the "if's" are pretty reasonable especially on a forum where the "slippery slope" argument is thrown around daily.I'm not even talking about how the media has spun the story, the only facts that seem to be known are that Zimmerman after being told not to followed and approached Martin-its very reasonable to suggest from his tone in the recorded calls that it was in a hostile or aggresive manner and boggles me that people think theres nothing criminally wrong with that nor should there be. With the little we actually know I don't think he should be facing the charges he is but to say that he's not accountable is ridiculous.
I also believe that we should start jailing people, for not breaking the law, if anything bad ends up happening based on their less than optimal decisions.
It is not really clear that zimmerman did in fact escalate the situation. According to him, after being told to back off, he did, then was jumped by martin.An interesting fact about this whole thing is, suppose zimmerman never called 911,and the only evidence was the injuries to zimmerman, and a shot martin. They wouldnt have charged him with anything.
No, Zimmerman escalated the situation, not enough to deserve being attacked for it, but he did. Trayvon made it worse, not enough to die for, but he made it worse.The real problem is that two people who are mostly stupid have created a situation where the media has fanned a racism charge where the real charge should be a stupidity charge.
No, Zimmerman escalated the situation, not enough to deserve being attacked for it, but he did. Trayvon made it worse, not enough to die for, but he made it worse.The real problem is that two people who are mostly stupid have created a situation where the media has fanned a racism charge where the real charge should be a stupidity charge.
And really, that should probably be the end of the discussion. If either one of them was sensible the whole thing could've been avoided.
We don't know how exactly Zimmerman escalated in the situation. If he did in a way that Trayvon was scared for his life, then Trayvon could have tried to defend himself by attacking Zimmerman.Unfortunately we'll never know exactly what happened.during those few minutes

Tell me where Im wrong here.If Martin knew zimmerman had a gun, would he have attacked him? Prolly no. Since all physical injuries are on zimmerman, then martin is the true aggressor. Attacking someone cause they are following you, or even acting aggressive toward you is not legal. Nad zimerman not been armed, wouldnt martin be the one in trouble here?

Agreed
I also believe that we should start jailing people, for not breaking the law, if anything bad ends up happening based on their less than optimal decisions.
Very intelligent insight.
Tell me where Im wrong here.If Martin knew zimmerman had a gun, would he have attacked him? Prolly no. Since all physical injuries are on zimmerman, then martin is the true aggressor. Attacking someone cause they are following you, or even acting aggressive toward you is not legal. Nad zimerman not been armed, wouldnt martin be the one in trouble here?
Theres no way to know..if the gun was visible and the tone Zimmerman was using it's plausible to think Martin was afraid for his life..It all totally depends on how you view aggressor. The line is blurry here..depending on how you define being aggressive if he grabbed Martin by the arm etc..the whole situation was stupid and shouldn't have happened
Very intelligent insight.
I appreciate that. I had you pegged for an idiot, but it's nice to see that you have the ability to rise above your initial personal feelings to see the truth.
I appreciate that. I had you pegged for an idiot, but it's nice to see that you have the ability to rise above your initial personal feelings to see the truth.
Well I still think you're an idiot-maybe just an arrogant prick because clearly you missed the point in the bolded in your well thought out intelligent and insightful reply.
I think the "if's" are pretty reasonable especially on a forum where the "slippery slope" argument is thrown around daily.I'm not even talking about how the media has spun the story, the only facts that seem to be known are that Zimmerman after being told not to followed and approached Martin-its very reasonable to suggest from his tone in the recorded calls that it was in a hostile or aggresive manner and boggles me that people think theres nothing criminally wrong with that nor should there be. With the little we actually know I don't think he should be facing the charges he is but to say that he's not accountable is ridiculous.
Well I still think you're an idiot-maybe just an arrogant prick because clearly you missed the point in the bolded in your well thought out intelligent and insightful reply.
I'm confused. How can you think I'm an idiot AND think my thought was intelligent and insightful. You crazy. Note to SA21: This whole sentence was a joke.Also: kind of dumb. Please point me to the person that said that they knew that Zimmerman had done nothing wrong, and that nothing he did should be against the law.
no.
When someone breaks a law.
I'm confused. How can you think I'm an idiot AND think my thought was intelligent and insightful. You crazy. Note to SA21: This whole sentence was a joke.Also: kind of dumb. Please point me to the person that said that they knew that Zimmerman had done nothing wrong, and that nothing he did should be against the law.
hmm tough to see how I got the impression that thats what you were saying...
hmm tough to see how I got the impression that thats what you were saying...
I totally agree.
  • 1 month later...