Exploitation Of The Trayvon Martin Killing

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weak. As a defense lawyer, (I mean, that's the route you're definitely going, right?) you have to know you could destroy a prosecutor that used that as evidence.
oh no i wont be involved in criminal law at all. so my opinion here is just mine, but if this guy is going to paint a picture that he was lethally attacked by trayvon, i might play this video (if admissable) for the jury. it certainly looks as though he is perfectly fine. if his nose was broken in the scuffle, where is a bandage? bleeding from the back of the head? i dont see any bandages. no marks on the face at all? strange. now i know the emt report suggests different, but here we have actual vidoe evidence that contradicts it. we dont have to rely on third party accounts. we can see him for ourselves. you might be able to sell that one to a good jury.i mean it isnt a bloody glove or anything, but you never know.
Not to mention that people who just had their head banged against a sidewalk usually don't walk with zero signs of pain.
I'm sorry, are you a brain surgeon?Any medical degree at all?Than what makes you an expert on head injuries?But he did look too healthy in the police video....if that was the actual video and not something made up by the prosecution.
I don't think laws are secret.If the law was designed to sell more guns and nothing more, then it's a bad law. I agreed with you on that principle. I'm not sure where you're going with all this. Is it just that the NRA, gun manufacturers, and Prison Inc are evil?
Don't missrepresent what I am saying. I never said laws are secret. I never said that the NRA (etc.) are "evil".Let's step back a second. You simplified this organziation as a simple lobbying firm which it clearly isn't. A senator can't have a private lunch with a lobbying firm, yet these Senators belong to and sit on the board of this organization which is funded by large corporate interests. I am assuming they have some loophole, because it sure "seems" like lobbying to me.
ALEC’s influence in the Virginia statehouse is pervasive, the study showed. The House of Delegates speaker, William Howell, has been on the board since 2003 and was national chairman in 2009. He has sponsored or pushed many of the group’s bills, including several benefiting specific companies that support ALEC financially, like one that would reduce a single company’s asbestos liability. At least 115 other state legislators have ties to the group, including paying membership dues, attending meetings and sponsoring bills. The state has spent more than $230,000 sending lawmakers to ALEC conferences since 2001
Secondly because I am suggesting that these are bad laws fueled by a profit driven motive doesn't equate with the simplistic rational you and brave are using. (All manafufacturers or guns are evil) (All people working for gun manufacturer's are evil) I am saying that I am against the laws. I am questioning their motives behind the laws since they are funded by large corporate interests. I think it is relevant to the discussion because most people don't realize that these conceal and carry laws are written and funded and passed by congressmen that are behodlen to the manufacturers. If there are what, 5 or 10 guns for every person in the US, it would seem to me the supply isn't a problem, so creating demand and searching out new customers with new laws would be effective. I am sure they aren't sitting in board meetings worrying about people being killed. They probably truly believe their bluster about how guns make us safer. Yet Trayvon is dead.
So wait.You are "digging" at the GOP for calling corporations "people", and then in the same breath saying that the "people" that make up the NRA, ALL gun manufacturers, and whatever Prison Inc is, EVERY SINGLE person involved with all of these entities, doesn't care at all about humans being murdered, only profits?Really?Delusion much?
Well I am sure it made you feel proud and righteous calling me delusional by implying that these people don't care if people get shot with the guns they sell on a personal level. Yet, they are helping to pass laws that get innocent people shot. I am sure they are all home crying over it.And yes, I am obviously of the opinion that some of these other issues they push are bad,
¶Prohibit penalizing residents for failing to obtain health insurance, undermining the individual mandate in the reform law. The bill, which ALEC says has been introduced in 38 states, was signed into law and became the basis for Virginia’s legal challenge to heath care reform. ¶Require voters to show a form of identification. Versions of this bill passed both chambers this month. ¶Encourage school districts to contract with private virtual-education companies. (One such company was the corporate co-chair of ALEC’s education committee.) The bill was signed into law. ¶Call for a federal constitutional amendment to permit the repeal of any federal law on a two-thirds vote of state legislatures. The bill failed.
and you think they aren't. You would support their under the radar sidestepping of the lobbying laws and hidden agendas to influence congress, because you support it. If the roles were reversed and this was Koros supported organization doing the same to pass laws favoring anti-guns laws you would be crying foul. But there aren't any liberal organizations like this.So, when I say that the Trayvon killing should bring light to the laws, how those laws came about, I think it is relevent to the discussion. You know, if you don't want delusional vigilantes with guns running around killing people.
There is nothing illegal or unethical about ALEC’s work, except that it further demonstrates the pervasive influence of corporate money and right-wing groups on the state legislative process. There is no group with any comparable influence on the left. Lawmakers who eagerly do ALEC’s bidding have much to answer for. Voters have a right to know whether the representatives they elect are actually writing the laws, or whether the job has been outsourced to big corporate interests.
Not to mention that people who just had their head banged against a sidewalk usually don't walk with zero signs of pain.
Apparently there is nothing more to be added in defense of Zimmerman. I thought maybe something may surface where Zimmerman saw Martin doing something he shouldn't be doing, like trying to break in to something or caught him on some one's property. But apparently he actually called the police just because the guy was in the neighborhood. Zimmerman himself stated on the police tape that Martin was running. Then he claimed he was later ambushed by Martin. Then he was taking such a brutal ass whipping that he had to kill him. The guys credibility is lacking big time IMO. Of course new info may finally surface, but I don't think so. Zimmerman will probably go with the he was trying to go for my gun defense, and a jury will have to figure out what actually happened. I don't think Zims story is going to hold up to scrutiny.
Secondly, taking inventory of someone in your small gated community, who you don't recognize, when it's your turn to walk around looking for suspicious people has NOTHING to do with Jesus or Christianity or anything else you are trying to pin on me. It was his "job" to look for "suspicious" people, and I have no problem with him thinking that kid was suspicious based on simply not recognizing him. I'm not discussing or referring to anything that happened after the initial "spotting".
Is this really what neighborhood watch does? They actually patrol the area? I didn't know that.
Man, does Zimmerman look racist in that video or what?
Haha
Don't missrepresent what I am saying.
It's not intentional; I don't know what you're talking about like 75% of the time.
(All manafufacturers or guns are evil)
Best word ever.I'll actually read your post eventually.
You would also never in a thousand years volunteer to be in a neighborhood watch program, let alone run for the presidency of it.
Zimmerman's Watch Group was not under any organized Watch Group nor did it follow the national organizations guidelines or bylaws. It was more like Zimmerman got a group together with him as Captain and formed his own Neighborhood Watch Group, or this likely wouldn't have happened as well. That is the National group stresses many rules like "not chasing the subject", which Zimmerman obviously didn't follow. He was overzealous if not paranoid judging by listening to the 46 phone calls released on youtube. "Their are kids playing in the street and it's dusk!"

it is my belief that Zimmerman is a lying pos and should pay for his crime. But that's emotion talking and we all know the American judicial system doesn't tolerate emotion.

Zimmerman's Watch Group was not under any organized Watch Group nor did it follow the national organizations guidelines or bylaws. It was more like Zimmerman got a group together with him as Captain and formed his own Neighborhood Watch Group, or this likely wouldn't have happened as well. That is the National group stresses many rules like "not chasing the subject", which Zimmerman obviously didn't follow. He was overzealous if not paranoid judging by listening to the 46 phone calls released on youtube. "Their are kids playing in the street and it's dusk!"
OK. But JJJ wouldn't join a non-sanctioned neighborhood watch group either.
it is my belief that Zimmerman is a lying pos and should pay for his crime. But that's emotion talking and we all know the American judicial system doesn't tolerate emotion.
I nor I think anyone does anything but support Neighborhood Watch programs. I think they are good if they follow the guidlines, but it's obvious that Zimmerman didn't. He was carrying a gun and pursued a "suspect" following him thoughout the subdivision and then chased him between some buildings where it was dark and rainy. I honestly think the kid ran back there to hide from him, wondering what kind of person was leering and staring and following him. When Zimmerman ran back he likely expected the kid to be running from him, (as a real criminal would have done) and was surprised when confronted. It's murky to say what happened in the confrontation, but the fact remains there shouldn't have been one in the first place. If it was a trained police officer this would have never happened. If Zimmerman had waited for the police as instructed instead of chasing after the kid it wouldn't have happened. If Zimmerman wasn't packing it wouldn't have happened.
yea, the dreaded OWG bylaws committee...i heard the chair is a bastard to work with...even the teamsters watch how they talk to him.
Thx to the idiots jackson and sharpton, zimmerman will never be able to get a fair trial now.I know that wont stop thefeds, from having a show trial
It was a massive story before the likes of Al Sharpton dug their claws in.
Thx to the idiots jackson and sharpton, zimmerman will never be able to get a fair trial now.I know that wont stop thefeds, from having a show trial
Oh, I see. Blame it on the Negroes. I thought that "Colonel" part of your name was rather Southern...You're probably on a list now. Maybe more than one.
Oh, I see. Blame it on the Negroes. I thought that "Colonel" part of your name was rather Southern...You're probably on a list now. Maybe more than one.
Spike will be tweeting his address so he can be "captured".

And then there is another twist.I pity the jury, they are going to have to be there for months listening to this case, knowing that either way there will probably be a riot.But I am losing any former leanings I had that Zimmerman shouldn't have been arrested that night.

Yeah, they should move the trail at this point obviously but this guy's story doesn't add up at all. From what I am reading, this voice recognition stuff is very standard science too. I thought it was always INCREDIBLY convenient that a kid Zimmerman calls 911 about and then follows just happened to attack him right after he gave up the chase. If it smells like BS, it usually is.

Yeah, they should move the trail at this point obviously but this guy's story doesn't add up at all. From what I am reading, this voice recognition stuff is very standard science too. I thought it was always INCREDIBLY convenient that a kid Zimmerman calls 911 about and then follows just happened to attack him right after he gave up the chase. If it smells like BS, it usually is.
There are certainly a lot of questions in this case - it is pretty much a Rorschach test people are seeing what they want to see. But by "incredibly convenient" are you thinking that Zimmerman was just out looking for an excuse to murder a random kid in cold blood? I mean he'd also have to be pretty lucky to get an EMT that is willing to perjure himself to give a cover story of his injuries. I guess I just think it is more likely that a kid with an attitude reacted in an aggressive way to a guy with "Lead Balls".

Most likely: He murdered that kid. He's full of shit when he said he was attacked. Contrary to popular belief, first degree murder (in most places) doesn't require nefariously plotting weeks in advance, detailed diagrams and lying in wait. First degree murder can occur in the blink of an eye. When you look at another human being and decide you're going to kill that person in cold blood, that thought, however instantaneous it may be, constitutes first degree murder.Perhaps at some point along the way Trayvon 'motherfucked' him or whatever, most black kids his age are complete pieces of shit and I absolutely understand why he didn't want to see one wandering around his neighborhood (since they're essentially always up to no good), but you can't just go shooting them.This will be the best shot we have at a race war since the OJ verdict.