Daniel,Thanks for the tip on using iswifter on the Ipad. Actually found a newer app put out by iswifter, called Rover, which is FREE! Seems to work fine. Might be something for you to note on the VT homepage, especially with the huge increase of Ipads out there.Also, really happy to hear about new content coming.....AND...one question. Don't mean to put you on the spot, but, from your list of pros on VT, who is the one you would LEAST like to face....final table...main event? Take care and thanks again.Joe

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Age 17 for both. I just seem to have been really lucky with that hand when I'm running bluffs with it I seem to flop two pair or better A LOT!

Average player by definition would be 9-1. Above average player probably not any better than 4.5-1.

Do you back anyone? Do you think there is decent money to be made from backing players? Do you ever buy pieces of players?Estimate your ROI in EPT Monte Carlo €25k/€100kEstimate your ROI in WSOP MEIf

That's completely stack sized dependent. The deeper you are the weaker the hand is in terms of going all in on the flop, the shorter stacked you are the more willing you should be to go with the hand.
Thank you for the response on my question about top pair. That's a different way of looking at it than I anticipated. I remember Jamie Gold, at the WSOP that he won, telling his opponent he had "top top" like it was the nuts or something, and we all know how good he turned out to be. I think, essentially, I've been doing what you suggest but now it'll be in front of my mind instead of in back.

Just to be clear, I like Ivey, and I think he's great for poker (every game NEEDS a GOAT of some sorts). Ivey being blacklisted or whatever could potentially be one of the biggest blows modern poker will need to endure on a mainstream level. That being said, the reasons I think he is being (slightly) singled out compared to the rest of team FT, is because he owes money to FTP, and he is completely 100% emotionless. What was once a huge PRO to the Ivey "stigma" has now flip flopped into a CON. This is because he is more silent, and emotionless than ever. This coming at a time when everybody expected him to FINALLY stand up and be some type of a "leader". These are just my thoughts. I could be totally f wrong lol. What do you think about my theory Daniel?*edit- I also think hiding from US poker for nearly a year did not help his cause. Compared to Lindgren, Siedel, and the rest of team FT, Ivey took the "unholy trinity" route and hid like just like they did. The uneducated and angry public will naturally lash out at the richest poker player who hid for a year. Who hid just like Lederer, Chris, and Bitar hid. Furthermore, I think that his "lawsuit" left an awful taste in most of the casual fans mouths. They saw his lawsuit as a way to get their money back (just like Ivey did.) When Ivey withdrew his lawsuit, he essentially let everybody down, and in doing so, he made FT customers feel hopeless ("if Ivey can't solve this than who will?")This is pure speculation on my part, but from closely watching this entire debacle unfold from afar this is how I feel about it. My last point is that durrrr and Galfond did not help Ivey's cause by offering 1million each back to FT players while Ivey did nothing. Ivey is cold as ice, and (as you said) has a killer extinct. These traits will never go away, this is just who he is. So, when someone like Ivey owes FT millions, and FT owes millions of people hundreds of millions of dollars, people tend to get mad. Which is why, at this point, the Ivey hate should not "boggle your mind."Just to be clear one last time, I am in no way trying to compare Ivey with the "unholy trinity." I think (or hope) he is completely innocent, I just think he could've handled the fallout more intelligently.Q for Daniel. Where do stand regarding Phil Gordon in all of this mess? And is my theory about Ivey and FTP completely nuts or just a little bit? :club: lol cheers mate.

I'm actually REALLY glad you did answer and I thought your line of thinking was very good. Not sure why that guy had a problem with it, but feel free to post away!
LOL its not like im fcuking picking on this kid. Great line of thinking. This thread is for you to answer questions right? People ask these questions for YOUR insight. Other posters answering questions can quickly get out of hand which is why there are other threads. I may sound mean but I don't care and it is NOT personal. It's just a fact. TY
Man, I used to fight ALL the time in school since I've always had a big mouth, and still do. Haven't been in one in a long time though...
I remember one.The headphones lost

Daniel, I continuously study poker, I am currently a PokerVT member (thanks, its incredible info), and I read poker books as well. I have read Mike Caro, Phil Gordon, Doyle Brunson, Your books, Dan Harrington, Barry Greenstein, and some others. What is one of the best poker books (in your opinion) that is out there for someone looking for an advanced strategy? And why?

Here is another question for you DanielI am a vegetarian. What made you decide to become a vegan?Also what are you favorite vegan dishes?When you do retire from poker where do you want to live?Lastly, IF you had to play with a group of amateur players what is the minimum buy in that u would like to play in. This will be a 8 seater winner takes all :club:

Hey Daniel,What hot chick r u dating now?If u r not dating now then who will be the next hot chick you date?

So when are you going to post for the shares in the Mill buyin?Can we send via Stars or would you prefer money orders, or western union money transfers?Had a crazy dream about 8 months ago that I made the Stud 8 or Stud WSOP Ft and you and I went HU lolyou lost with your J's full vs my quad 9's dam dream wish it was real so I could say This old lady beat the Kid. Nice to see you back posting. Love the hand scenarios you use to do can you start doing that again?and Hi everyone especially the oldies Like Scott and Rob

Daniel,Thanks for answering questions. Newbie here, just learning the live game, NLHE to start. One thing that puzzles me about the live game is why I don't see more players waiting to look at their cards, observing the reactions of the rest of the table looking at their cards. Isn't that a good way to pick up tells?

Hi Daniel...Love the v-log...pointed yet hilarious!Since you're from Canada I figure you'd be the perfect one to ask this question: I'm contemplating visits to a couple different parts of Canada, namely Montreal and Niagara Falls. I'd like to play some poker while on the other side of the border and am curious about the language rules at the poker tables in Canada--especially in Montreal where I suspect some French would come in VERY handy. In U.S. cardrooms, "English only" is the rule. What's the rule in Canada? Regardless of whether one could get by on English alone, might you (or, perhaps, Vanessa Rousso) be able to give us a crash course in French-language poker terminology on a future episode of The Weekly Rant (I can learn to count in French on the internet; it's things like "call", "raise", "all-in", "how much", "how much behind"...you get the idea)? Are there any other rules in Canadian cardrooms that could potentially take first-time players from the U.S. by surprise? Thanks!

Hello DanielFirst of all; I would like to mention that I am a big fan of your vlog. Still, there is one thing I did not get from the very beginning: has there been a particular reason why you increased your vlog time from 10 to 20 minutes? It just seems that a 20 minutes blog is too long for the 'casual' listener, wich pretty much reduces the amount of listener to your fanbase. Did you do that intentially? Or do you just talk without haveing any time window in mind and we can accept some 8, 12, 17 minute vlogs as well?

First off I want to thank you for making yourself present in the forums. Here's my questions.1. Are there any new plans to film more big game episodes for pokerstarstv2. I miss poker tv almost as much as online poker. Why can poker not seem to get mainstream sponsors. I always thought i would see doritos or red bull patches on big name players at big events like wsop I met you as you were coming out of the restrooms last April at Paris. You seemed a bit scared at first, I'm a big man with sleeve tatttoos but you were very pleasant. Thanks for that.I wish everyday for stars to be back

OK Daniel let's make peacetime. Not sure why you haven't answered my fulltilt or phil ivey questions but I say we move on to another topic now. Two short and sweet questions for you.How often do you pick your nose and when you're caught say: 'you were digging for gold'?If you were to teach someone how to perform accents and impressions, what would be the first lesson?

Hi Daniel!I have registered here only because of this thread, cause You're so nice guy.I would like to know your opinion on couple of things:1. Golden era of poker. When I read some opinions about how soft games were in 2004-2009 I feel pretty screwed that I have missed time when there was so much easy money (I'm 19). Todays lower limit games are full of massmultitablingthoughtlesszombies :4h and I don't enjoy playing with guys that don't make any bigger mistakes and don't put much thinking into any decision.2.Isildur vs Haxton match :ts . Were You watching their game? I am confused. Haxton played more passively than Blom and he was giving up many pots after flop raise. Also he was raising to 2XBB (Blom 3X), thus making his pots smaller than Bloms. Do You think that could be part of reasons of Isaac's fail?3. Poker players social life :club: . I think that competitive poker takes a lot of mental energy and it makes that we find many subjects rather boring. I don't have any good poker friend and I think dividing your company into "poker", "no poker" sections is silly. Could You deliberate shortly please?Good LuckStanisławP.S.I love your "weekly rant", don't stop making this.P.S.2 Would you stake me for summer?P.S.3 Your abillity to speak about many things in really honest and clear manner is really awesome

Hi DanielI hope all is well in your life. I've been studying NLH for a while now and am gradually getting better at it. When I first started playing, a friend of mine recommended I look at your style and I've always been grateful for that advice!This is a breakdown of a hand I played recently on 888, $1-$2. Have you experienced or heard of anything like this?Four at the table and I'm on the button with Ac and Ah. UTG calls the $2 BB and I raise up to $6. Both blinds fold and the other guy calls again. Flop: Ad 7s 4s He checks. I check. Turn: 8s He bets 3/4 pot. I suspect he's on a flush draw so I raise him three times his bet to make him pay to see it. He calls. River: As. He checks. I go all in. He calls and shows 5s and 6s - a straight flush. At which point I logged out and swore a lot.I lost quite a lot of money but, on the plus side, I can say in hindsight it was rather funny.All the best to you,David.

We have seen your impressions of Scotty Nguyen and Ming Ly on TV. Which other players do you do impressions of and who other famous figures do you do impressions of?

Daniel,Thanks for answering questions. Newbie here, just learning the live game, NLHE to start. One thing that puzzles me about the live game is why I don't see more players waiting to look at their cards, observing the reactions of the rest of the table looking at their cards. Isn't that a good way to pick up tells?
I notice the same thing Bill and you would be smart to pay attention. I find that most of the other players want to keep the game moving along and don't like it when someone waits to look at their cards ... especially at low playing limits. I have adjusted my play to look at my first card asap, then wait to look at my 2nd until it is my turn. If I straddle the button or am on the BB I will sometimes wait since I am last to act and I WANT them to see my reaction. If you consistantly slow the table down, then 'everyone' will know how serious you are about the game and will play back at you accordingly, probably with a tighter range of hands ... just my observations ... hope to see you out there!!
Hi DanielI hope all is well in your life. I've been studying NLH for a while now and am gradually getting better at it. When I first started playing, a friend of mine recommended I look at your style and I've always been grateful for that advice!This is a breakdown of a hand I played recently on 888, $1-$2. Have you experienced or heard of anything like this?Four at the table and I'm on the button with Ac and Ah. UTG calls the $2 BB and I raise up to $6. Both blinds fold and the other guy calls again. Flop: Ad 7s 4s He checks. I check. Turn: 8s He bets 3/4 pot. I suspect he's on a flush draw so I raise him three times his bet to make him pay to see it. He calls. River: As. He checks. I go all in. He calls and shows 5s and 6s - a straight flush. At which point I logged out and swore a lot.I lost quite a lot of money but, on the plus side, I can say in hindsight it was rather funny.All the best to you,David.
Unlucky manAlthough have a look at this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunAlp2azhA
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a 0% chance this hand is real.
For some reason after reading this, I remembered ole "tuff fish". These videos still make me laugh. :club: