• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Age 17 for both. I just seem to have been really lucky with that hand when I'm running bluffs with it I seem to flop two pair or better A LOT!

Average player by definition would be 9-1. Above average player probably not any better than 4.5-1.

Do you back anyone? Do you think there is decent money to be made from backing players? Do you ever buy pieces of players?Estimate your ROI in EPT Monte Carlo €25k/€100kEstimate your ROI in WSOP MEIf

I remember reading something in a piece Doyle wrote where he said something to the effect of "sometimes I wish I could be JUST a poker player again. I miss having to play poker for a living". Do you ever feel the same way? I assume what Doyle meant was that he missed having to just focus on playing poker to make a living instead of all the additional burdens/opportunities that now come with being a poker superstar. Do you ever miss the feeling of 'grinding it out' and just being a poker player?I was discussing this the other day on a different forum (it was actually specifically about you and PH attending the Irish Open this year). The argument was the merit of a huge name attending and the benefit for PP and the IO. How much do you think players like you add to tournaments like this? How excited do you get to attend these foreign tournaments (ie tournaments you have no particular history with)? Is it a case of relishing the oppurtunity to visit new places and play in these tournaments, or is it more a case of it being a nice perk of the job (but it still being a job nonetheless)?Also, in the same discussion, the marketability of pros came up. I felt the top 4 were pretty clearly Ivey, Doyle, you and Hellmuth (with an honourable mention to Moneymaker since he has an eternal place in poker history). Agree/disagree? I think the likes of Hansen, Antonius, Dwan, Mercier etc. would be in the next tier, but if I had to pick a TV table that the public would recognise, I'd think the 4 I mentioned are far and away the biggest names.Did you ever fall victim to any of the bad habits associated with the poker lifestyle? Drugs, alcohol, hookers, sports, pit games? Surely there has been times things have gone badly, has this been due to playing outside your bankroll, losing money at other gambling activities, life leaks? Has there been a point in your career where it's all (more or less) been uphill after? I.e. was there some time around the poker boom where from that point on, your net worth was pretty much on an upward climb. I'm not looking for specific numbers or anything, but what I'm saying basically is, pre-2002 say, poker players primarily gambled for a living. No matter how rich you were, if you made all your money from poker, there was still a lot of ups and downs (I don't know this for sure, but I'd be pretty confident this is correct) and you could never be as financially stable as some poker players (read: poker players who are sponsored etc. etc. ie not just from solely playing poker) are now. I know there's no guarantee anyone is financially secure now, but we can't deny the gravy train that came with the poker boom. My question is basically, at what point did poker playing stop playing bills and when were you comfortably able to rely on poker related revenue (but not actually playing)?Maybe a bit of a silly/unfair question so feel free not to answer, but, who would you say are the 3 most trustworthy people you know in the poker world? If you had to loan $1m to 3 people in poker, who would you loan it to? When was the first time you were ever asked for your autograph? How did you respond? If you can't remember your very first time, how did you deal with being a bit of a 'celebrity' at the beginning?Thanks for answering the questions Daniel.

BG has been answering most of the questions, but this particular one was pretty clearly a joke, since DN himself had answered that question like 5 posts before that guy asked that.
Good thing you cleared that one up. I'm guessing somebody who rhymes with pcp-cob, tipped him off about the special animal forum. Only logical explanation for the timing.
I find myself believing you about Annie without knowing more. I say this because I'm sure you're aware that your words about her leave you open to all kinds of slander/libel litigation, to which the best defense is truth. In other words, she can't sue you for slander/libel if all of what you're saying is true. And as far as I can tell, she's letting it all go. Conclusion: You're right.
The truer it is the more they can sue u 4. Hence ur reason 4 ur Conclusion- fail. I dont think he's say things like that just bcus he can, obv. some bad b l o o d there. Perhap he jeleous? Likely not.

I think you have told the story before, but I heard that during bellande's season of survivor that you were supposed to be on it, and you pulled out. If that is true can you tell us the process of how you got involved with that? I also need a hookup with a producer of the show so I can get on. Help me out!

You have posted pictures of the interior of your home in the past and I remember seeing a Golden Tee 05 / 06 (i think). I know that you have a pretty bad ass simulator but was wondering if you still have the GT?Have you thought about upgrading to a 2012 version?, they have the Unplugged software available.Who is your favorite Danette ?would you consider joining the website ... dial a star ??I think you would garner say $20 to $25 a minute. I would call you and chat for two minutes.
Never heard of dial a star till yesterday. What is a Dannette? I have the GT Complete now.
Daniel,Do think that Howard, Bitar or Ferguson will ever see any jail time for stealing everyone's money on full tilt?Keep up the Vblogs!! They are awesome! Thanks,
If the deal doesn't go through and players aren't paid I truly hope so...
I remember reading something in a piece Doyle wrote where he said something to the effect of "sometimes I wish I could be JUST a poker player again. I miss having to play poker for a living". Do you ever feel the same way? I assume what Doyle meant was that he missed having to just focus on playing poker to make a living instead of all the additional burdens/opportunities that now come with being a poker superstar. Do you ever miss the feeling of 'grinding it out' and just being a poker player? Yeah I've definitely felt that way at times.I was discussing this the other day on a different forum (it was actually specifically about you and PH attending the Irish Open this year). The argument was the merit of a huge name attending and the benefit for PP and the IO. How much do you think players like you add to tournaments like this? How excited do you get to attend these foreign tournaments (ie tournaments you have no particular history with)? Is it a case of relishing the oppurtunity to visit new places and play in these tournaments, or is it more a case of it being a nice perk of the job (but it still being a job nonetheless)? I'm excited for Ireland yeah...Also, in the same discussion, the marketability of pros came up. I felt the top 4 were pretty clearly Ivey, Doyle, you and Hellmuth (with an honourable mention to Moneymaker since he has an eternal place in poker history). Agree/disagree? I think the likes of Hansen, Antonius, Dwan, Mercier etc. would be in the next tier, but if I had to pick a TV table that the public would recognise, I'd think the 4 I mentioned are far and away the biggest names. Without giving it too much thought I'd agree with your top 4.Did you ever fall victim to any of the bad habits associated with the poker lifestyle? Drugs, alcohol, hookers, sports, pit games? Surely there has been times things have gone badly, has this been due to playing outside your bankroll, losing money at other gambling activities, life leaks? I'm actually pretty disciplined, I like to drink, but have never done drugs or hookers, bet sports carefully and no interest in pit games.Has there been a point in your career where it's all (more or less) been uphill after? I.e. was there some time around the poker boom where from that point on, your net worth was pretty much on an upward climb. I'm not looking for specific numbers or anything, but what I'm saying basically is, pre-2002 say, poker players primarily gambled for a living. No matter how rich you were, if you made all your money from poker, there was still a lot of ups and downs (I don't know this for sure, but I'd be pretty confident this is correct) and you could never be as financially stable as some poker players (read: poker players who are sponsored etc. etc. ie not just from solely playing poker) are now. I know there's no guarantee anyone is financially secure now, but we can't deny the gravy train that came with the poker boom. My question is basically, at what point did poker playing stop playing bills and when were you comfortably able to rely on poker related revenue (but not actually playing)?About 2006Maybe a bit of a silly/unfair question so feel free not to answer, but, who would you say are the 3 most trustworthy people you know in the poker world? If you had to loan $1m to 3 people in poker, who would you loan it to? I'd definitely include myself in a top 3. Based on ability to pay back as well as trust I'd loan: Brian Balsbaugh, Phil Ivey, John Juanda.When was the first time you were ever asked for your autograph? How did you respond? If you can't remember your very first time, how did you deal with being a bit of a 'celebrity' at the beginning? I never bought into celebrity BS, so it wasn't a big deal to me. I was about 12 years old when I signed autographs as Jay Schroeder, Ricky Schroeder's little brother. Wow, that is a long story but a great one. It was at a casting call, cops came, my agent got arrested, what a mess.Thanks for answering the questions Daniel.
The truer it is the more they can sue u 4. Hence ur reason 4 ur Conclusion- fail. I dont think he's say things like that just bcus he can, obv. some bad b l o o d there. Perhap he jeleous? Likely not.
How can you sue someone for that? If that were the case I could sue like 1000 people for writing things about me on forums lol
I think you have told the story before, but I heard that during bellande's season of survivor that you were supposed to be on it, and you pulled out. If that is true can you tell us the process of how you got involved with that? I also need a hookup with a producer of the show so I can get on. Help me out!
I got the news from my agent but declined immediately because of WSOP
I've always wondered about this: When you're dating a hot girl that you could never get without having loads of money, how often are you reminded of that fact?A) Every 10 secondsB) Every 3 hoursC) Its pure confidenceD) Oh god she's basically a whore, no no, option C, option C
Might be impossible to believe but it's not about money at all. Confidence, passion, and being good at what you do is an attractive quality to most women, whether you have money or not.
Never heard of dial a star till yesterday. What is a Dannette? I have the GT Complete now.
AJ Benza is doing Dial a Star at $10 a minute / only poker guy in so far. http://prod.danpatrick.com/danettes/GT complete..... sorry to hear that , I thought you were a golf guy

Have you ever gotten into a golf match where you actually thought that the amount of money you were playing for was insane & that somebody could really be badly hurt if they lost?What were the highest stakes you played for on the course & what kind of games did you play?

Daniel, everyone on this site hates me.Could you please banAw shi t nevermind, I think ill just go to bed and cry.P>S> The funniest joke I ever heard was about a priest, rabbi, and Imam, trying to explain homosexuality to a deaf mute.This might offend the sensabilities of some of your more liberal posters, so I will PM to you so I dont get b anned.Let me know if you thonk I can use it at my next comedy club appearance.Love Feathers.

Has he ever played poker?
not sure if that is a 'me' question or one for DN. my answer would be to spend twenty bucks and ask him yourself.