I love to play poker so much! If you could give me advise to come as far as you are right now with poker, what would you say? :club:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Age 17 for both. I just seem to have been really lucky with that hand when I'm running bluffs with it I seem to flop two pair or better A LOT!

Average player by definition would be 9-1. Above average player probably not any better than 4.5-1.

Do you back anyone? Do you think there is decent money to be made from backing players? Do you ever buy pieces of players?Estimate your ROI in EPT Monte Carlo €25k/€100kEstimate your ROI in WSOP MEIf

I have a normal job working 50+ hours a week and I want to make the transition over to poker full time...Any tips??Also can you recommend a charity for me to work towards for giving to in a charity event I'm trying to arrange? (I'm based in the UK so one recognizable there would be ideal) (Y)

Is this the ask Daniel a question and have it answered by Balloon Guy forum that is blowing up on Twitter?
No..wait..DANG IT

Biggest piece of advice to a college kid with his eye on moving to Vegas and playing poker full-time?How did you get so good at reading people? Was it experience, through tons and tons of hands, or did you read books, like Caro's Book of Tells, or through something else?What type of player is your favorite to play against?

Have Annie Puke ever confronted you for your statements about her in public? I know all these FAQ isn't suppose to be about Annie.When will you come to Sweden. Wanna cook you some veggie Swedish meat balls (stalker warning)vegetera on twitter

Don't worry BRVY and I pray for you each day.Palm Springs will feel like Anchorage.
Wait, what?
First thanks for all the YouTube rants - blogs etc. been following you on Twitter lately too :club: Anyway......... 1) Your thoughts on LockPoker? _ Yes Im a US player and no I havent deposited _ I do well enough in Free Rolls for Online play anyway (I do notice ALOT of real miracles (1/2/3 outers) pulled by the 'big stacks" against smaller stacks _though) I'd be very careful putting money into any site offered to US players. 2) Do you think Online Poker will ever be "fully available" to US players? Yes, for sure. 3) Do you plan on playing at FoxWoods or Atlantic City anytime soon?No 4) In the mood to Stake? LMAO!!! (Had to throw that at you...LMAO)You want to stake me? lol 5) Your photo Caption should be - "Hey Secret Service Guy - Dont let this guy bluff me out of my campain money" LOL

Best HSP story?Is Hellmuch much different away from the tables?Have been enjoying the weekly vlogs, keep it up sir

Hey Daniel, Great to get to talk to you. I live in the North East of England and went to Vegas last summer to see you play in Day 3 of the Main event (I was sat behind those drunk guys you talked to briefly). Really hope to visit again soon.Anyway, I play poker as a hobby and have a full time job. I'm thinking of depositing about $200 to try and build up a bankroll again after withdrawing what was left of my poker roll last year due to a string of horrid resullts. Hold-em is my game of choice. What kind of games do you recommend as the best for building a bankroll from this sort of starting point? (i.e. SNG vs cash vs MTT, Stakes, heads up v shorthanded v 10 seater etc)Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really not, but we've heard the short answer before I'm kind of interested in the long one. And, while I'm no great fan of hers my familiarity with her is, as with most people, through her many television appearances. On those, she appeared strident yet intense and earnest in her love of poker.
She is a snake. An absolute sociopath. I read a book about sociopaths and felt like they might as well have titled the book "What makes Annie tick"
I'm a 22 year old student who has been a proven winner in local card room tourneys (buy ins 100-500) since I was 18 (last year my ROI was just over 150% over 80-100 tourneys (where some of them were SnGs probably lowering ROI, obv too small a sample but what else is there to go off of post Black Friday)). When I graduate I would possibly consider relocating to Vegas or other gambling venues to give playing for a living a shot for a year or so. With the state of todays games being tougher than when you came up, what size BR would you consider adequate for that shot, grinding tourneys $200-$1000 depending on toughness of fields and cash $1-$3 up to possibly $5-$10? I heard John Little define trying to play for a living without a years worth of living expenses as suicide inducing and that made a lot of sense to me, would you agree?
Man, I wish I could be more helpful here but I'm a bit out of touch with those games and their value so any advice I gave you would be too much of a guess. I feel like a lot of it depends on your lifestyle, confidence, and comfort level playing a short bankroll.

You seem like one of the nicest people in the poker world, which makes this hatred towards Annie seem very strange to me. Do you have any other bad relationships with people you've met in tournaments or cash games?

Well, I'm very disappointed that my zombie apocalypse question wasn't answered, but as a follow up... do you believe in God, and do you attend a church?

Any advice for running bad and how to deal? Also, advice on playing faster blind b and m tournaments, such as sats? I never seem to do well in those but those with longer structures I tend to get deeper.
We have an awesome sats guy at www.pokervt.com he is really good and you'll definitely get better at fast paced sngs etc

Selbst - Do you like her? Circle Yes or NOSomething about Selbst just rubs me wrong. Seems like she mad a twitter post a couple months ago disparaging to you.Do you like her, have issues?LOVE THE VLOGS !!

I find myself believing you about Annie without knowing more. I say this because I'm sure you're aware that your words about her leave you open to all kinds of slander/libel litigation, to which the best defense is truth. In other words, she can't sue you for slander/libel if all of what you're saying is true. And as far as I can tell, she's letting it all go. Conclusion: You're right.
I hear she might be trying to sue me. Good luck with that LOL. I have every right to state my opinion about her and can't imagine what law would state otherwise.
I hear she might be trying to sue me. Good luck with that LOL. I have every right to state my opinion about her and can't imagine what law would state otherwise.
Put Howard on your lists for character witnesses and when he's on the stand have your lawyer ask him about the FullTilt issues while he's under oath.

How much money do you really have?1-5M5-10M10-15MHow much does Pokerstars pay you monthly?Why do you abandon this site for months/years then all of sudden start posting here again after being banned from 2p2? What are you trying to accomplish?How much money are you owed?When will you shave your head?