Richest Players- Past Topic

Tony G doesn't seem to think that Helmuth has much money.http://www.partypoker.com/blog/tony-g/phil...a-in-april.html

He is no longer sponsored, he is staying up too late at night playing way too much luck induced Chinese poker. The PartyPoker.com Premier League is a good example – the $125,000 buy-in is now beyond Hellmuth, despite the fact there is $200,000 added and he has a reasonable record in the tournament series (not in recent years though). Hellmuth loves tv exposure and needs it if the US market eventually opens up but he cannot afford it – simple enough. There are no backers that are willing to stake him even when there is added money! Hellmuth only travels now where he will gets his flights and hotel paid for and a small buy-in paid so he can bust out within two hours and drink the finest Louis baby he can get his hands on. He needs more heart and commitment to the highest level and stakes in the game. Either that, or he becomes a celebrity poker MC for a living.
Thank you for adding something of relevance to this. You're exactly right on the post. I just couldn't find it ANYWHERE when I searched. I thought the funny thing was that he did put Hellmuth way at the bottom. Most people (including 2plus2) would not have guessed this.
Noose.jpg

Sorry BigD, I have a searching problem.

Sickest Gambler Rankings:1. Phil Ivey2. Gus Hansen3. Tom Dwan4. Patrik Antonius5. Daniel Negreanu6. Phil HellmuthNet worth Rankings:1. Phil Ivey2. Patrik Antonius3. Daniel Negreanu4. Gus Hansen5. Tom Dwan6. Phil Hellmuth That's just a guess, but I think Durr lost a lot of money this year and would have been much higher last year. PH lost money this year too playing poker, and you really don't make very much money at all from books. Typical deal is like an 8% royalty which doesn't amount to much. His main income has to come fro UB, but outside of that, do you really think he's making millions selling pokerbrat t-shirts? What endorsements outside of UB would he be making large coin on? Can you think of one? People don't realize that there really ISN"T a lot of money to be made outside of online poker site endorsements for poker players. Training sites can do well also, but selling t-shirts isn't going to get you baller money.
These were just the six guys that were on Poker After Dark at the time.
Sorry BigD, I have a searching problem.These were just the six guys that were on Poker After Dark at the time.
Thank you sir, do you have a link to the post? How long did it take you to find that? I looked for half hour and just got pissed.