Yahoo has come a long way, but as far as I know, they still haven't given us an option to somehow designate farm players. Unfortunately they need to stay in the free agent list.

Your best option is to check the "Overall Farm" tab on the roster spreadsheet.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

I picked up my 4 players and two pitchers..

In hindsight I should of just overpaid for a top end pitching team like the Dodgers...

Oh well..I will be very active in the trade market..

I dont tank, and I like to win...

An interesting tidbit, I have absolutely no Blue Jays..I like to change this

I believe in two of the last 3 years, a top-3 pitching team was available after the auction - good thing not to overpay on unless you can get a really killer team.

If you want to send me a list of what pitching is available to you, I may be able to offer advice : )

I picked up my 4 players and two pitchers..

In hindsight I should of just overpaid for a top end pitching team like the Dodgers...

Oh well..I will be very active in the trade market..

I dont tank, and I like to win...

An interesting tidbit, I have absolutely no Blue Jays..I like to change this

I have Blue Jays pitching. You can have a reason to cheer for the Jays every game. I also have Jose Reyes.

I believe in two of the last 3 years, a top-3 pitching team was available after the auction - good thing not to overpay on unless you can get a really killer team.

If you want to send me a list of what pitching is available to you, I may be able to offer advice : )

I got Oakland pitching for a quarter :)

I picked up Texas and Arizona..

Available pitchers:

Baltimore

Colorado

Houston

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

I have Blue Jays pitching. You can have a reason to cheer for the Jays every game. I also have Jose Reyes.

I got Oakland pitching for a quarter :)

Lets talk trade..

Available pitchers:

Baltimore

Colorado

Houston

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

Re: Texas - Yu Darvish is out for the season

You can change your pitching throughout the season, as there will always be 6 teams available on the FA market. Keep in mind though I think you're only allowed to do it once.

Re: Texas - Yu Darvish is out for the season

You can change your pitching throughout the season, as there will always be 6 teams available on the FA market. Keep in mind though I think you're only allowed to do it once.

I am aware of Darvish..I just picked two teams that I wanted to watch for now..I will probably make a trade or pick up another team.

My auction results. Pretty happy overall/

Yasmany Tomas - $7.50

Dustin Pedroia - $5

David Ortiz - $5.75

Steven Souza - $3.75 (overpay, was hoping to get him much cheaper, but Jay had similar ideas)

Joey Votto - $7.25

Steve Pearce - $3.25

Ryan Howard - $1

Yangervis Solarte - $0.50

Travis Snider - $0.50

Alex Avilla - $0.25

Rafael Ynoa - $0.25

still have 1.25 in available cap which leaves me some flexibility to add/drop throughout the season.

Why the no love for Ryan Howard..i realize he is 35 now and he strikes out too much, but the man canstill hit for power.

I thought he go for higher.

My auction results. Pretty happy overall/

Yasmany Tomas - $7.50

Dustin Pedroia - $5

David Ortiz - $5.75

Steven Souza - $3.75 (overpay, was hoping to get him much cheaper, but Jay had similar ideas)

Joey Votto - $7.25

Steve Pearce - $3.25

Ryan Howard - $1

Yangervis Solarte - $0.50

Travis Snider - $0.50

Alex Avilla - $0.25

Rafael Ynoa - $0.25

still have 1.25 in available cap which leaves me some flexibility to add/drop throughout the season.

Awesome deals for Ortiz, Pedroia and Votto I think. Tomas feels like a bit of an overpay, but obviously that's for potential. Souza would've been sweet at $2.50-3, but you guys are too good for that.

yeah Tomas went early in the draft, when prices were still high. I was willing to go up to $8 for him, didn't think I would get him to be honest. Definitely an overpay, as it likely prices him out of resign territory, unless he has an amazing first half then gets injured or something.

Available pitchers:

Baltimore

Colorado

Houston

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

Based on a scientifically awful system, I rank these teams as follows based on points only:

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Houston

Arizona

Texas

Minnesota

I didn't finish scoring Colorado because...yuck.

I have Milwaukee and Pittsburgh a fair bit above Baltimore and the rest.

For this league though, the total team's score is not nearly as important as their top pitchers, since one team having a better #5 guy doesn't help much if you never start him.

With that in mind, I still have Milwaukee and Pittsburgh as the top two, though I probably move Houston up to #3 and with their promising future included, it becomes pretty close. Milwaukee and Pittsburgh have decent futures as well, so it probably isn't enough for Houston to overtake them.

Again, while I did put some science behind these projections, the science is so weak that it is basically opinion, then I basically threw in a ton of opinion after that.

• Like 1

Also, completely was not planning on taking Pedroia, there were a few bids up to $1.25, and I just went to $5 to speed things along, and it scared everyone off.

Thanks. And obviously, just missed Souza.

I was more surprised by the lack of interest/knowledge about him. I figured Andre, Josh and John would be all over him as well.

I have one goal in mind this year..Not to finish last.

That will be very difficult..However with a few key trades and a little bit of luck, I think it might work.

Only thing is not much flexibility I have with cap space...And dont have really huge expensive players to unload either.

Thanks. And obviously, just missed Souza.

I was more surprised by the lack of interest/knowledge about him. I figured Andre, Josh and John would be all over him as well.

I was well aware of him, but I only had $11 available to spend and $10.25 of that went to grabbing Kinsler. Plus I'm loaded at outfield. And everywhere else :)

• 10 months later...

I have a couple interesting roster decisions to make. They will likely all be signed, but for how many years is the question.

Joey Votto - $7.25 RFA

Freddie Freeman - $7 RFA

Stephen Vogt - $3.25 RFA

• 1 month later...

I'm in. I'll be there to confirm

<mean-spirited comments redacted>

Since I now have a vacant team with literally zero notice, I may need somebody to stand in at the Auction on Sunday at 7 PM EST. I've reached out to a few irl friends, but let me know if anyone here would be willing to donate a few hours of their time on Sunday to act as a stand in for the auction.

I will be taking administrative control of Serge's team until I find a replacement, but I can't do both of our auctions at the same time.