• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

fwiw, the teams that don't check their lineups daily are at a big disadvantage. Guys get days off all the time, and if you aren't constantly trying to get active players into your lineup, you are losing a lot of equity in each matchup. I am constantly shuffling my roster spots to accommodate hot streaks, good matchups, and rest days. That's probably one of the reasons I was able to stay competitive in a couple of the early years when my squad was not very good. Also, there are way better players available on the waiver wire in Baseball if you keep your eyes and ears open. With a shallower lineup, there would be no value in scouting fringe players, and it would turn into a boring league where the team with the best "stars" would win, rather than the most balanced team. I would be very strongly opposed to making the starting roster shallower.

Only thing I disagree with is that it eliminates the fringe players, since it just makes a new class of fringe players.

Off the top of my head, I would prefer no pitching and real MLB contracts/salaries.

No pitching is definitely a possibility. I like it, but I don't think it really effects much else, so it is a change that could be made with little residual headache. You're not the only person that doesn't like it. If there's any support, I might put up a poll.

Can't imagine doing real MLB contracts - a lot of complications to it, and would really change the balance and makeup of the league.

if you want me to stay on, I will.

I appreciate that. I do want you to stay on of course, but only if you're interested! If you'd prefer to be out, we'll find a replacement, and just beg you to come back to draft if we are in bad shape : )

I appreciate that. I do want you to stay on of course, but only if you're interested! If you'd prefer to be out, we'll find a replacement, and just beg you to come back to draft if we are in bad shape : )

if you can't find a replacement I will stay on

I really love baseball and I reallly enjoyed this pool, but it was a little too involved for me and I m sorry that I left...

But I am just not into the National League and 25th round draft picks as some of you hard core dudes( much respect)

Does anyone want to do a one year rotisserie style pool, or know of one that needs an owner..I would be interested..

This pool is pretty close to the AHL and FCHL as far as involvement, I just dont have the time and the knowledge...But kudos to creating a great pool

• Like 1

I really love baseball and I reallly enjoyed this pool, but it was a little too involved for me and I m sorry that I left...

But I am just not into the National League and 25th round draft picks as some of you hard core dudes( much respect)

Does anyone want to do a one year rotisserie style pool, or know of one that needs an owner..I would be interested..

This pool is pretty close to the AHL and FCHL as far as involvement, I just dont have the time and the knowledge...But kudos to creating a great pool

Thanks! Much appreciated. It is a great pool, but it was the intention to create one that required less 'work' to manage in, and there's still too much. I do think we did some good work in simplifying things, and it is less than the FCHL and AHL, but not by nearly enough, especially considering we're all hockey buddies...not baseball! Tricky to get it much simplier without putting us in a position where people who do the extra work have significant advantages, and that just makes it no fun for those that don't.

I'd definitely be in for a 1-year Yahoo-type pool. I prefer roto scoring as well, but it could be H2H as per Adam's hockey league if that interested more people. Can be free or a money pool, I don't care.

• 5 months later...

Monster trade today in the FCBL.

Lethbridge Bulls trade:

Paul Goldschmidt ($1/$1.25/$1.50/$1.75 2014-2017)

Bryce Harper ($1.50/$1.50 2014-2015)

Reverse Cowgills trade:

Carlos Correa $2 (Farm)

Austin Meadows $2 (Farm)

Alex Guerrero $1 RFA (signable for 5 years at $1)

One reason I left this pool. I only recognize one player in that trade.

which is pretty good considering none of them are Jays.

One reason I left this pool. I only recognize one player in that trade.

You've never heard of Paul Goldschmidt? He's probably the 3rd or 4th best hitter in the entire MLB.

yeah but.. I mean.. as a sports fan, even if you don't watch baseball at all, I'd have expected you to at least have heard of Paul Goldschmidt.

I watched like 12 seconds of NBA basketball last year. I've still heard of James Harden, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin etc..

yeah but.. I mean.. as a sports fan, even if you don't watch baseball at all, I'd have expected you to at least have heard of Paul Goldschmidt.

I watched like 12 seconds of NBA basketball last year. I've still heard of James Harden, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin etc..

True. I guess I haven't bet enough Arizona games

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think everybody was planning on coming back as far as I know, but I'm in of course.

I'll post a thread in the FCBL forum tomorrow since not everybody checks here.