• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

I kind of lost some of the Roy Halladay Blue Jay thing when he wanted to be traded to a winner etc. That is all gone now since he is retiring as a Blue Jay. Welcome back Roy.

I kind of lost some of the Roy Halladay Blue Jay thing when he wanted to be traded to a winner etc. That is all gone now since he is retiring as a Blue Jay. Welcome back Roy.

Did he want to be traded to a winner? My recollection was more the kind of "I know you guys want to trade me, I'm ok with it because I'd prefer to play for a contender." Plus, he and his wife were super involved with the community and charity stuff before he left, and she continued quite a bit even after they left. I seem to recall his leaving as one of the classiest exists I've seen, rather than a "want to go to a winner." But I always liked him, so maybe I was too generous.

Definitely is cool that he'll be retiring a Jay - a big honour for a young franchise. Since he's not on anybody's PED list, could be a hall-of-famer down the road.

Did he want to be traded to a winner? My recollection was more the kind of "I know you guys want to trade me, I'm ok with it because I'd prefer to play for a contender." Plus, he and his wife were super involved with the community and charity stuff before he left, and she continued quite a bit even after they left. I seem to recall his leaving as one of the classiest exists I've seen, rather than a "want to go to a winner." But I always liked him, so maybe I was too generous.

My thoughts were the same when he left. It was obvious the team was in rebuilding, and the team needed to trade its most prized asset for futures. Maybe if Sundin had been as gracious as Halladay, things would be better for the Leafs today? No way to know, but its definitely similar situations.

My thoughts were the same when he left. It was obvious the team was in rebuilding, and the team needed to trade its most prized asset for futures. Maybe if Sundin had been as gracious as Halladay, things would be better for the Leafs today? No way to know, but its definitely similar situations.

if I remember he wanted to play for a winner. Maybe someone can find something about it

In regards to sundin. I also feel the same way about him. But it is the Leafs fault for giving him a no trade. I am not sure how many have used their no trade in the past. Maybe sundin and someone else?

• 1 month later...

Schedule wise for 2014. Last year we played 85 games 11 vs each division opponent and 5 vs each on the other side. We want to keep that the same? Do we want more/less games? Last year the regular season ended August 4th. That time work okay or do we want to play later in the year? Just throw your thoughts out there so I can get the schedule going please.

Schedule wise for 2014. Last year we played 85 games 11 vs each division opponent and 5 vs each on the other side. We want to keep that the same? Do we want more/less games? Last year the regular season ended August 4th. That time work okay or do we want to play later in the year? Just throw your thoughts out there so I can get the schedule going please.

You're the best Matt! I'm always up for more games and a later season, but I think in past years that wasn't the majority. I do think people felt last year that we could go a little later in the season - maybe just one week? but we'll see what other' opinions are.

Felt like it ended a little early last year. That said, Id hate for championship to be decided in last week of regular season.

Like Danny said, maybe another week? 2 max?

I'm easy with whatever you guys like.

I'll run down how many possible game days we can do and go from there. I'll keep updates in here when I get the schedule going in the next few days.

We could always do 96 games with you playing each in your division 12 times and other division 6 times. Regular season would end August 17th and playoffs would go until possibly September 16th. Is that too long?

We could always do 96 games with you playing each in your division 12 times and other division 6 times. Regular season would end August 17th and playoffs would go until possibly September 16th. Is that too long?

Sept 16 end date sounds good. I am assuming that is 2 weeks before the MLB end

I think Sept 16 is a bit on the late side, as Steve says. I'd be looking not much later than Sept 10-12.

I also don't think it is a terrible idea for us to consider trying to end the season at the end of August, before roster expansions. We can always do some kind of 'bonus'/exhibition season in September. I wouldn't necessarily vote for that, but if any of the past playoff teams had trouble with lineups, I'd consider it.

Also, you can fiddle with the schedule, but playing 12/6 seems tricky, considering most weeks have 5 games. Probably easiest though to figure out how many game nights we can get in, then worry about the numbers, since everyone is always happy with 'rivalry games' and such which we can use if the numbers don' work out so we're perfectly playing each team in/out of conference the same.

I think Sept 16 is a bit on the late side, as Steve says. I'd be looking not much later than Sept 10-12.

I also don't think it is a terrible idea for us to consider trying to end the season at the end of August, before roster expansions. We can always do some kind of 'bonus'/exhibition season in September. I wouldn't necessarily vote for that, but if any of the past playoff teams had trouble with lineups, I'd consider it.

Also, you can fiddle with the schedule, but playing 12/6 seems tricky, considering most weeks have 5 games. Probably easiest though to figure out how many game nights we can get in, then worry about the numbers, since everyone is always happy with 'rivalry games' and such which we can use if the numbers don' work out so we're perfectly playing each team in/out of conference the same.

k then I'll look at doing 90 games with reg season ending on August 9th and playoffs ending September 9th. Seems like a good middle ground.

or we can do 85 like last year and end the regular season on August 2nd, with playoffs possibly ending Sept 2nd or so

• 2 weeks later...

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.

The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game week and take Sunday off).

The only days we would have games are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

NOTE: There is a full slate of games on May 26 but to avoid creating more confusion we would not have games that day.

Playoffs would start on August 12 (or August 10 if you really wanted to start a playoff series on a Sunday) and potentially go until September 9th.

If we wanted to avoid playing that far into September we could always go back to 85 games like last season or if every playoff matchup in the round doesn't go seven games we could look at moving the next round up a few days (if everyone in that round agrees to it)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.

The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game week and take Sunday off).

The only days we would have games are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

NOTE: There is a full slate of games on May 26 but to avoid creating more confusion we would not have games that day.

Playoffs would start on August 12 (or August 10 if you really wanted to start a playoff series on a Sunday) and potentially go until September 9th.

If we wanted to avoid playing that far into September we could always go back to 85 games like last season or if every playoff matchup in the round doesn't go seven games we could look at moving the next round up a few days (if everyone in that round agrees to it)

Thoughts?

I agree with your assumptions for everything. Pending others' opinions, I would be inclined to start the playoffs on August 10 to allow us to get done a bit earlier, and also to make it more 'fair' because the August 10 game would have different team matchups than the games played in the following week, and thereby spread out variance a little.