• 1 month later...
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

Holy snappin' arseholes!

theScore@theScore9s

The Seattle Mariners are reportedly willing to give Robinson Cano a 10-year, $230-240 million contract. http://thesco.re/1bk0OSf

More recent twitterings suggest that isn't really the case - and in fact, that is what Cano asked from the Mariners, whereas their offer was for less than $200M.

Right now, Bovada has the odds of Cano signing with the Yankees at +400. I'd make it more like -150 or -200.

More recent twitterings suggest that isn't really the case - and in fact, that is what Cano asked from the Mariners, whereas their offer was for less than $200M.

Right now, Bovada has the odds of Cano signing with the Yankees at +400. I'd make it more like -150 or -200.

Wanna bet? :)

Now, its Cano to Mariners for about 225mil. What a bargain!

Wanna bet? :)

Now, its Cano to Mariners for about 225mil. What a bargain!

My report just came in...10 years $240

So, do they pay him or does he just end up owning the franchise at the end of the 10years?

Boy, I wonder what Sydney Crosby thinks of that deal. Thank you salary cap.

They were talking about this the other day..What would certain players get if no Salary Cap..The one name that came up with ridicolous numbers is Lebron James.

Crosby possibly would get $20 million for 5-6 years...But basketball is much more dependent on a superstar..

In an open market Lebron james might get 8 years $800 million.

I would be curious to know what the difference is for Cano in playing in Seattle vs New York, on strictly a financial level. With endorsements, could he have made up some of the difference in offers? I would have to think for sure he would have.

I wonder if he will be a bust in Seattle, and drivel away to nothing in 3/4 yrs. This looks like a horrific deal to me, which probably means he will be the best thing to ever happen to Seattle.

I wonder if JAY Z negotiated free concerts in the deal..

Like for an additional $10 million to Cano, Beyonce will perform a concert in Seattle every year, with profits going to the team..

Wonder if deals like that can be negoitated in the contracts.

They were talking about this the other day..What would certain players get if no Salary Cap..The one name that came up with ridicolous numbers is Lebron James.

Crosby possibly would get $20 million for 5-6 years...But basketball is much more dependent on a superstar..

In an open market Lebron james might get 8 years $800 million.

James would definitely be #1. Recent stuff has been discussed about Mike Trout, since there's no cap in baseball but he still has several years before he his free agency. Most estimates have been around $330M for 7 years. I'd imagine for a 'lifetime' deal of 15-20 years (he's only 22), even if you considered a much lower salary for his RFA years, you'd be looking at $500M-$600M.

I would be curious to know what the difference is for Cano in playing in Seattle vs New York, on strictly a financial level. With endorsements, could he have made up some of the difference in offers? I would have to think for sure he would have.

I wonder if he will be a bust in Seattle, and drivel away to nothing in 3/4 yrs. This looks like a horrific deal to me, which probably means he will be the best thing to ever happen to Seattle.

Good point. Don't think he'll bust or anything, but there is a lot of long-term income associated with being a "true Yankee".

Fail mdg

lol the twitter on this has been hilarious. This morning, every major reporter was blasting Jay-Z for overplaying his hand, since the Mariners had walked away.

Joe Sheehan is pretty much the only smart guy on twitter.

I wonder if JAY Z negotiated free concerts in the deal..

Like for an additional $10 million to Cano, Beyonce will perform a concert in Seattle every year, with profits going to the team..

Wonder if deals like that can be negoitated in the contracts.

Very doubtful. With Pujols, they tried to negotiate stuff like that, like there'd be a guaranteed "personal services" deal paying $1M/year for 10 years, but they had to change it because it was considered cap circumvention (well, no cap in baseball, but there is a luxury tax). Wasn't there a thing with Yashin too, where he wanted an extra $X millions that he would donate to charity?

Pretty sure with the Pujols deal, the MLB limited the value of anything like that to $1M, but I'm going totally by memory.

I predict a Macklemore - Jay Z collaboration in the near future.

Also, the tax guy hasn't tweeted yet, but I bet Cano saves at least $4 million in taxes by signing in Seattle instead of NY.

I predict a Macklemore - Jay Z collaboration in the near future.

Also, the tax guy hasn't tweeted yet, but I bet Cano saves at least $4 million in taxes by signing in Seattle instead of NY.

tax guy said 25 mil

Ya, I remember seeing something from that "tax guy" last week, I think it was something pretty big.

Its hard hitting at Safeco, and its even harder hitting in THAT lineup vs the one the Yankees have had during Cano's tenure. (well, til last year I guess)

I'm sounding more sure of myself than I intend to be, but for some reason, I always expect Mariners moves to fail. Call it historical evidence I guess.

Ya, I remember seeing something from that "tax guy" last week, I think it was something pretty big.

Its hard hitting at Safeco, and its even harder hitting in THAT lineup vs the one the Yankees have had during Cano's tenure. (well, til last year I guess)

I'm sounding more sure of myself than I intend to be, but for some reason, I always expect Mariners moves to fail. Call it historical evidence I guess.

I hope it works out for them. Not because I have Cano in the pool lol... in fact, that amount of money makes me sick, but because Seattle has been meh for so long. They're the Jays sister-team lol.

Rogers can spend $5 billion on hockey..

Why cant they spend and extra $200 million on payroll...I would think the impact would be huge.