I have been saying all along to my son how Lawrie is not a team player. Of course my son has his sunglasses on and backs him all the time. You got to wonder why the Brewers traded him, I think we may know why now.

You can live with that attitude if he is hitting .325 and 30 homeruns a year..but his act is growing thin...He needs to go to minors and have an attitude adjustment..I think he is still young and can change, but he needs to change...

He is losing a lot of fans in Toronto..

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

• 1 month later...

Whalers with a huge deal, and even got some Cancon in there too:

Whalers:

MYoung, Votto, Hill

for

2013- 3rd,4th,5th

Farm: Dahl, CSeager

2014- 1st+3rd

That is a huge deal, wow. Guess I should've piped in with Andre as I didn't expect guys like Votto to be traded, but he did reasonably well to basically get a full draft and David Dahl for him.

That is a huge deal, wow. Guess I should've piped in with Andre as I didn't expect guys like Votto to be traded, but he did reasonably well to basically get a full draft and David Dahl for him.

You also can't overlook Aaron Hill's involvement in this trade. I think he has almost as much value as Votto.

Sorry to interrupt your pool talk..

Driving in to work today heard the JP Arencibia rant vs Greg Zaun and Hayhurst..

Pretty epic stuff.

Arencibia is awful at baseball.

What did he say about Zaun though? I can't stand Zaun.

He said no one in the clubhouse respects him...He was a cheater in baseball by taking PEDs, and the fans are robbed because of the inaccurate analysis he gives.

Serge might know better, I heard highlights later in the car....something about not respecting guys who took performance enhancers (Zaun), or guys who really werent very good (Zaun+Hay) and he also let out a "I helped Hay get to the majors by talking to him about how to throw his curve".

At first, I thought they woke the guy up, he was frustrated, oh well. Then I read how he tweeted last night that he was going to go on the radio and talk in the morning about Z+H, and I quickly lost all respect for JP. (Not that I had a ton to begin with)

I dont like Zaun either, but this was just childish and stupid. Honestly, these guys on the Jays are ruining what could have been a great thing, and its all coming form the young nucleus that was supposed to be the Blue Jays that everyone would fall in love with. (Lawrie, JP, Romero...) Im beginning to dislike these guys as people, making it hard to root for them as a team.

I thought it was funny that Elliott Friedman tweeted that JP should send Nonis a thank you card.

Serge might know better, I heard highlights later in the car....something about not respecting guys who took performance enhancers (Zaun), or guys who really werent very good (Zaun+Hay) and he also let out a "I helped Hay get to the majors by talking to him about how to throw his curve".

At first, I thought they woke the guy up, he was frustrated, oh well. Then I read how he tweeted last night that he was going to go on the radio and talk in the morning about Z+H, and I quickly lost all respect for JP. (Not that I had a ton to begin with)

I dont like Zaun either, but this was just childish and stupid. Honestly, these guys on the Jays are ruining what could have been a great thing, and its all coming form the young nucleus that was supposed to be the Blue Jays that everyone would fall in love with. (Lawrie, JP, Romero...) Im beginning to dislike these guys as people, making it hard to root for them as a team.

I thought it was funny that Elliott Friedman tweeted that JP should send Nonis a thank you card.

I agree...Even Jose Bautista who is hard not to love, has his moments of whining and trash talking that is not necessary...

You love the enthusiasm but sometimes its a bit much...Especially when you are JP and Lawrie barely hitting .200

I wish he would let his bat do the talking, but his bat has been pretty quiet.

Hey Serge hows that Iglesias kid doing with boston.

Not sure why you are asking me

I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

• Like 1

Not sure why you are asking me

I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

haha, awesome.

I agree a lot of guys have to figure it out. Bautista still has that whiny, petulant attitude towards umps all too often which I think makes his strike zone larger at times. Lawrie is pretty young and I'm hoping he will mature as he ages. JP has never struck me as a guy with a bad attitude, but .215 with a 40% Strikeout rate, and shoddy defense just does not cut it.

You also can't overlook Aaron Hill's involvement in this trade. I think he has almost as much value as Votto.

tbh, I started this going after Hill. I need a MI badly, and getting him+Young was huge.

Obviously, Votto was a huge factor once he was put in though.

Do we have anyone waiting or interested in joining this league?

We don't have a waiting list, and at last check, we had no one from FCP expressing interest. If you or anyone needed out though, I'm sure we could scrounge up someone, or at worst, a friend of a friend.

Yeah, I wrote that poorly. Hill has been awesome.

Sorry to interrupt your pool talk..

Driving in to work today heard the JP Arencibia rant vs Greg Zaun and Hayhurst..

Pretty epic stuff.

Arencibia really annoys me. All during the winter when trade rumours were going he kept tweeting things like "oh, if you guys only knew what I knew". Like he's the only one who'd ever been told he wouldn't be traded (and in many cases, often was traded). He is a below-average catcher, I wish we had traded him. To defend yourself is one thing - to respond to legitimate criticism from paid analysts by saying no one respects them in the clubhouse is not only irrelevant but a low blow. He then basically said they should just point out the positives. Wow, that'd be helpful.

Hayhurst and Zaun both annoy me, but Arencibia is way out of line. He's consistently unprofessional and annoying. If he at least played or worked as hard as Lawrie while doing it, I'd be fine with it, since it'd be consistent with his personality. Instead, he just comes off like a golden boy who has been told how great he was his whole life and has no interest in criticism.

I wonder what Melky thinks of JP's PED comment?

Good point. Especially since Zaun is so far off from being "caught" for PEDs that it is not only a stupid comment, and irrelevant to the conversation, but also shows quite a bit of pettiness since it isn't exactly common knowledge that Zaun was on the Mitchell report.

Good point. Especially since Zaun is so far off from being "caught" for PEDs that it is not only a stupid comment, and irrelevant to the conversation, but also shows quite a bit of pettiness since it isn't exactly common knowledge that Zaun was on the Mitchell report.

Zaun was asked if he take legal action against Jp. He said wasn't sure but might consider. He never failed a drug test.

Zaun was asked if he take legal action against Jp. He said wasn't sure but might consider. He never failed a drug test.

That is equally dumb. If everyone took legal action against someone implying that a Mitchell report guy took steroids, every bad sportswriter in the world would be getting sued.

Zaun is actually dumb enough that he might.

All during the winter when trade rumours were going he kept tweeting things like "oh, if you guys only knew what I knew". Like he's the only one who'd ever been told he wouldn't be traded (and in many cases, often was traded). He is a below-average catcher, I wish we had traded him.

He's a frequent guest on an alternative rock station show in the mornings here in Tor (Edge 102), guess he's become buddies with the main host and he came on there a couple of times in the winter and sounded so arrogant, it was the start of my downfall with them. It was all about how he wouldnt get dealt, people dont know what they are talknig about, and then when D'Arnaud did get traded, he was on immediately to gloat. I liked him a lot at first, seemed like a good guy, active in the community, but he handled that D'Arnaud situation so badly, and now this.

That is equally dumb. If everyone took legal action against someone implying that a Mitchell report guy took steroids, every bad sportswriter in the world would be getting sued.

Zaun is actually dumb enough that he might.

I figured you for a huge Zaun fan, naming yourself after him.

He's a frequent guest on an alternative rock station show in the mornings here in Tor (Edge 102), guess he's become buddies with the main host and he came on there a couple of times in the winter and sounded so arrogant, it was the start of my downfall with them. It was all about how he wouldnt get dealt, people dont know what they are talknig about, and then when D'Arnaud did get traded, he was on immediately to gloat. I liked him a lot at first, seemed like a good guy, active in the community, but he handled that D'Arnaud situation so badly, and now this.

Didn't hear him on the radio, but that's exactly my impression. He just sounded SO SURE that the below-average starter wouldn't get dealt, presumably knowing the star prospect would. And of course, the only way to know that would be if management had told him, which is doubly funny, since the Jays had just traded for several guys who's management had told them they wouldn't get dealt. Unless the real reason is because he has naked pictures of AA or something.

I figured you for a huge Zaun fan, naming yourself after him.

Haha, just thought it was a funny name. I have no strong feelings for or against him, other than annoyance when he sucks at analyzing. Frankly though, every former player sucks as an analyst, so I don't want to be too harsh.