• 2 months later...
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

No idea who would read the FCBL forum right now so I'll post this here.

I'm looking at setting the tiers for raises. For example, in the catcher spot there are two catchers that are currently listed as FAs (could be that a team has them in their farm team). Do I list them on the tiers or just list players current on FCBL major league teams?

I don't check this forum very often so if you wanted to discuss stuff on the FCBL forum or through gchat or someplace else please let me know.

tiers should include all eligible players, not just those owned by an FCBL franchise.

k that's what I figured. Lots of surprising catchers ths past year.

I'll work on tiers tomorrow and we're working very hard on doing a large update on the rosters sheets so look out for those within the next few weeks.

Jordan Pacheco started 5 games at catcher this year, the minimum to get eligibility. According to my unscientific research, he started at catcher on September 30, which means he would not have been eligible until then.

And while you might say that someone smart might've seen he was close, and picked him up before the deadline in case he hit it, he had only started 1 game at catcher at our free agent deadline, so that would've been quite the leap of faith.

I actually noticed earlier in the year he'd started a game, and was keeping my eye on it, but never imagined he'd get a few starts in September.

Pacheco was probably worth rostering for a lot of teams this year, even without Catcher eligibility. I know I passed over his name a few times. He certainly would have been more valuable to me in the playoffs than Josh Vitters.....

Also, each post in here that mentions Pacheco will probably increase his auction value by $0.50. (we are up to $1.50 now)

oh and the Toronto Mustangs are now known as the Reverse Cowgill's or Reverse Cowgill's. not sure which one.

not sure the apostrophe makes sense but whatever

QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO READ THIS THREAD AND IS IN THE LEAGUE

Were we good with last year's schedule? Do we want more/less games? Anything different?

Make an offer on:

Jordany Valdespin OF/SS NYM $1.00 RFA No Tier

Ryan Flaherty 2B/3B BAL $1.00 RFA No Tier

Cliff Pennington SS OAK $1.00 $1.00 $1.00

Matt Carpenter CI/OF STL $1.00 RFA No Tier

Todd Frazier 3B CIN $1.00 RFA No Tier

Brian Dozier SS MIN $1.00 RFA No Tier

Milwaukee Pitching $2.25 RFA Tier 3

Willing to move certain farm players...

My first priority for a return is a SS!

Make an offer on

Justin Ruggiano OF Mia $1.00 RFA No Tier

Aaron Hill 2B Ari $4.50 RFA Tier 1

Victor Martinez C/1B Det $2.75 RFA No Tier

Tyler Moore 1B/OF Was $1 RFA No Tier

Michael Saunders OF Sea $1 RFA No Tier

Shane Victorino OF LAD $4.25

• 3 months later...

posted this on fcbl forum. no idea who is reading where

PLEASE GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS

before I get on the details of the schedule if we use 85 games like we did last year, that would allow each team to play their divisional foes 11 times and the other division 5 times each.

Season could start April 3 and reg season end Aug 4

1st rd playoffs Aug 6-14

2nd rd Aug 16-24

finals Aug 25-3 or 2nd if you wanted to play that Monday.

I know we went til like Sept 12 (if necessary) last year with reg season ending on Aug 12. Did you want to add games to make it go further into the season. Did you want a week break during the summer or just keep it at 85 games and end early?

• 3 months later...

The call isn't even the worst part of the play. It's bad, yeah, but there are three other umpires on the field! How does no one see that!?!? And if they do, the rules are absurd if they don't allow the other ones to initiate a discussion.

My favourite part is the pitcher pulling the first basemen with him as they walk back towards the mound so the ump doesn't notice that he had the ball the whole time.

If you have kids and you are teaching them to participate in any sport, they should all watch Munenori Kawasaki conduct himself on the field.....True gentleman, teammate and a guy that enjoys what he is doing.

Also at the same time show him/her how NOT to conduct yourself by showing him clips of Brett Lawrie play...

What Lawrie did yesterday in the 9th inning was disgusting..He showed up his teammate, his manager and overall just looks like an ass out there...

Yeah, Lawrie can't do that when he is batting .195. Can't do it anytime, but when he's batting .195, Gibbons could bench him based on play alone. Pull a stunt like that, and you're basically guaranteeing yourself a spot on the bench.

It's only a matter of time before Brett Lawrie rips a limb off someone during a game.

Unfortunately it might be his manager or a teammate..

If you have kids and you are teaching them to participate in any sport, they should all watch Munenori Kawasaki conduct himself on the field.....True gentleman, teammate and a guy that enjoys what he is doing.

Also at the same time show him/her how NOT to conduct yourself by showing him clips of Brett Lawrie play...

What Lawrie did yesterday in the 9th inning was disgusting..He showed up his teammate, his manager and overall just looks like an ass out there...

I have been saying all along to my son how Lawrie is not a team player. Of course my son has his sunglasses on and backs him all the time. You got to wonder why the Brewers traded him, I think we may know why now.