Trouble is Dan is that we can't do the draft that way because keepers have been set and the other issue is the money side of yahoo is all egged up. I haven't yet been able to set up individual amounts for each gm. It just isn't working. And no offense, getting everyone to add their players in a yahoo auction from scratch is going to be more problematic than doing an msn auction. The only other option I can see is if someone wants to start another yahoo league and attempt to get everyone signed up and choose their keepers in the next 24 hours maybe it will work. Something egged up last night and I think the current league is toast. Dale, no news which isn't helping my state of mind one bit through this process.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

Trouble is Dan is that we can't do the draft that way because keepers have been set and the other issue is the money side of yahoo is all egged up. I haven't yet been able to set up individual amounts for each gm. It just isn't working. And no offense, getting everyone to add their players in a yahoo auction from scratch is going to be more problematic than doing an msn auction. The only other option I can see is if someone wants to start another yahoo league and attempt to get everyone signed up and choose their keepers in the next 24 hours maybe it will work. Something egged up last night and I think the current league is toast. Dale, no news which isn't helping my state of mind one bit through this process.
There is truth to the saying, "no news is good news."
There is truth to the saying, "no news is good news."
In this instance I would have to disagree. When you get told for 7 months that you get to pick him up in January it is hard to be happy on march 20th with no news. It's not fun getting updates about how he is saying words like "mommy" "daddy" and "sister" knowing he is saying them to other people. We were told the day of jan 11th that we would get word any day. That night we got an email saying we would not get any word in January. On Feb 1 we get word that Korea will start processing the travel visa's and we would hear something soon. Turns out that was not true. Korea went back to putting a hold on that. On march 3 we got word the hold was truly lifted. On March 5 we were told jin's app was submittedand it would take less than 2 weeks. I think today is day 15. So no news is bad news. Sadly I don't have a crappy job to go to to keep my mind offof it
In this instance I would have to disagree. When you get told for 7 months that you get to pick him up in January it is hard to be happy on march 20th with no news. It's not fun getting updates about how he is saying words like "mommy" "daddy" and "sister" knowing he is saying them to other people. We were told the day of jan 11th that we would get word any day. That night we got an email saying we would not get any word in January. On Feb 1 we get word that Korea will start processing the travel visa's and we would hear something soon. Turns out that was not true. Korea went back to putting a hold on that. On march 3 we got word the hold was truly lifted. On March 5 we were told jin's app was submittedand it would take less than 2 weeks. I think today is day 15. So no news is bad news. Sadly I don't have a crappy job to go to to keep my mind offof it
Tom Petty was certainly right about waiting being the hardest part.If there is anything you can do that you feel would help the situation then do it (phone call or whatever). Easier said than done but don't worry about things you can't control. It sucks that you guys have to wait and that the system seems so insensitive but maybe it's that way in the best interests of Jin. Just keep reminding yourselves what you're waiting for.And feel free to rant and roar around here if it helps :club:
Waiting with no word sucks. Like Dale said, feel free to rant and roar. We're all hoping things take a turn for the better, soon.
Didn't know the auction side didn't start with a default cap - that definitely won't work if not.By adding players, i just meant that if keepers were f'ed up, then we'd just auction normally, and people might have to add any keepers that are f'ed up after the auction. If there's more than a few players outstanding, I don't think adding them at the start of the auction is a good use of time.If we can't get this working, it'll have to be MSN. Thanks for your offer Dale. I have only $4.50 to spend, so I can probably do a fair bit of the auction, but I may enlist your help. Like you said, we'll need two windows - one for auction only, the other for discussion.

Help please.Standard categories. 5 x 5-batting average -rbis-hr-runs-stealsI have Colby rasmus, I got offered shin Choo Choo straight up. I think I should do this because Choo Choo is more consistent. Like I know what I'm getting. Salaries are a wash, they're the same. ShouldI do it?

Help please.Standard categories. 5 x 5-batting average -rbis-hr-runs-stealsI have Colby rasmus, I got offered shin Choo Choo straight up. I think I should do this because Choo Choo is more consistent. Like I know what I'm getting. Salaries are a wash, they're the same. ShouldI do it?
Thanks for continuing to post random questions from your other pool in the news thread for a pool you're not even in.If the contract is for 1-2 years, go with Choo. If it was for 3+ years, go with Rasmus. I'd keep Rasmus either way, but I'm a Jays fan.

Draft is tonight! Everyone excited? I'm completely unprepared, and absolutely terrified that Reyes/Ramirez/Longoria/Kinsler, etc end up going really cheap, since I really wanted to open up some cap for this auction. Looks like a lot of people with a few bucks to spend though, so no reason those guys don't end up going at reasonable salaries.Well, unless everyone has their eye on certain guys, and let Andre pick up less-loved but still awesome players way too cheap like usual. Though, it wouldn't be an auction without Andre getting a couple sick deals, so I'll just hope he doesn't get TOO many.

Draft is tonight! Everyone excited? I'm completely unprepared, and absolutely terrified that Reyes/Ramirez/Longoria/Kinsler, etc end up going really cheap, since I really wanted to open up some cap for this auction. Looks like a lot of people with a few bucks to spend though, so no reason those guys don't end up going at reasonable salaries.Well, unless everyone has their eye on certain guys, and let Andre pick up less-loved but still awesome players way too cheap like usual. Though, it wouldn't be an auction without Andre getting a couple sick deals, so I'll just hope he doesn't get TOO many.
I'm very excited about the $1.75 I have to spend. :club:

hey Dan, I sent you a few messages on the FCBL forum. If you knew already then cool but figured I'd make sure since it doesn't sent any notifications out or anything letting you know that you have messages.

LISTEN UP CHILDREN. I have some things I want to go over and get your opinions on. I posted a schedule way back in October or so in the FCBL thread and I'd like to get it perfected now.I made a schedule for an 80 game seasonThings I looked out for:

• Have no fear. There are only games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Those who don't follow as much can get in a solid routine.
  • You play each team in your division 10 times (two 5 games series)
  • The last week of the season you are squared off against the person who finished closely to you in the standings. AKA Broad and Bobbles, Whalers Udogs, Mustangs Ingmen so if things go like last year it would be a crucial series and one to look forward to.
  • I tried to avoid having teams play two weeks in a row
  • The season starts April 17th and ends August 12, leaving plenty of room for the playoffs. We take a break for the all star break and a little longer. There's a gap between July 8th and July 17th for rest.

The potential playoff schedule (assuming there were 6 teams in the playoffs and all 7 game series) is: - Opening playoff series could be Aug 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22- 2nd rd Aug 24, 25, 28, 29, 31, 1, 2-Finals Sep 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 ,12This would leave plenty of time before the MLB season ends so we don't have to worry about tanking, prospects affecting your all star's playing time that much, whatever.back to the starting of the season.The reason I don't have us starting until April 17 is because here is how many games there are before thenWed Apr 4: 1Thurs Apri 5: 7Fri Apr 6:9Sat Apri 7: 15Sun Apr 8:14Mon Apr 9:12Tues Apr 10:12Wed Apr 11: 15Thurs Apri 12: 9Fri Apri 13: 15Sat Apr 14: 15Sun Apr 15: 15It's pretty inconsistent but there are FIVE potential game days in there if you want to do random games on the 7,11,13,14,15. Thoughts on everything? Please let me know so we can get this stuff ironed out before the season.

Id take the sure thing in Choo. I had him for a couple of years, solid all across the 5cats. Double check his health, but he should be more of a lock then Rasmus.
Thoughts on everything? Please let me know so we can get this stuff ironed out before the season.
I like the set days.Your other points all sound good.I like the season ending mid Sept. Any later, too much volitility.Did you mean not startying til April 7th? Or 17th?Im ok with not starting til Apr 17th if majority thinks so, but Id prefer we start earlier, as Ill be all hyped to put in my lineup, and if its too low a sched, April 7 and onwards looks ok enough.Nice work Matt, thanks.
Did you mean not startying til April 7th? Or 17th?Im ok with not starting til Apr 17th if majority thinks so, but Id prefer we start earlier, as Ill be all hyped to put in my lineup, and if its too low a sched, April 7 and onwards looks ok enough.
I meant 17th because there's only 5 possible game days before the 17th and they're spread out. We can use those five days as game days if the league would like that.
I meant 17th because there's only 5 possible game days before the 17th and they're spread out. We can use those five days as game days if the league would like that.
Now I get it.Id be ok with using that as a 5game series, but Im easy either way.

Alright, I'm skipping out because its 26 degrees here, and the previous record for today in Halifax was 11. Patio time. I won't be back on until close to draft time. While I'm gone, Steve is in charge. Or Matt. Or Dale. Whoever."See" you guys tonight, looking forward to it!

There is no issue with posting that stuff. Give me a break. It isn't hurting anyone ffs.
lol he loves to dish it, then gets fake butt-hurt if it comes back. he'll be back tomorrow with some clever way of doing the same thing back at me tomorrow if we leave it be. and...i'm not discouraging that.

Did we decide what to do with the order. May as well set it based in last years final standings in case someone is expecting it. Doesn't really matter but it probably will be less of an issue that way. I sadly don't know last years standings though.