I'm not much of a stats geek.I like the simplicity of the FCHL's scoring way more than I like Adam's Yahoo League, for example. In fact, I don't like the Yahoo league at all.
Which league do you like better, FCHL or AHL?
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

I'm not much of a stats geek.I like the simplicity of the FCHL's scoring way more than I like Adam's Yahoo League, for example. In fact, I don't like the Yahoo league at all.
I've seen your fchl spreadsheets and statistical analysis, you aren't fooling me....
I've seen your fchl spreadsheets and statistical analysis, you aren't fooling me....
That's all simple, it's just 1 easy metric, pool points per game.How do the stats/scoring in this league work?

Guys, I sent Serge a text.Im just relaying information, take it for what its worth:Text from Serge: Im really busy. If they give me til later tonight, I can do it. Im sorry.edit: I just saw Dubey had same dialogue with him on twitter. anyway, there it is.

Its ummmm kind of complicated lol.I will say, of all the fantasy sports, I love researching baseball players and stats the most.Edit this was a response to zachs post

ya, Id hate to dissaude you Zach, but I honestly dont even have a clue of how the pts work, and Ive been in this pool since day 1. I think its a little more complicated then it needs to be, but I still have fun with it, since as Dubey said, baseball seems to be one of those sports that lends itself to stats geeks the most, and I can appreciate that.it really is a great sport for fantasy.

The league I'm in is just an AL-only Keeper league and the scoring is head to head standard 5 hitter cats, standard 5 pitcher cats.Isn't that the scoring you guys use?
Im in the exact same thing. No offence to my friends in the FCBL, I find my ALonly pool a much better choice/more fun for someone like me.

New pitching scoring:Win - 3K - 1BB - (0.5)Run - (0.5)Save - 1Hitters:Hit - 1Walk - 1Run - 1RBI - 1Double - 1Triple - 2Home Run - 3SB - 2K - (1)Scoring is cumulative i.e. a Home Run gets you a point for a Run, an RBI, a Hit and a Home Run (1+1+1+3)=6

Guys, I sent Serge a text.Im just relaying information, take it for what its worth:Text from Serge: Im really busy. If they give me til later tonight, I can do it. Im sorry.edit: I just saw Dubey had same dialogue with him on twitter. anyway, there it is.
thanks guys. was going to ask about this but im on owen duty as my wife is sick. i'll post something longer later, but i'd be willing to let serge's keepers stand if posted tonight.
Its ummmm kind of complicated lol.I will say, of all the fantasy sports, I love researching baseball players and stats the most.Edit this was a response to zachs post
this is ike the simplest scoring ever for a baseball pool.edit - what steve said

Since Steve doesnt want me in the league then kick me out.I appreciate everyone's comments excepts Steves.I apologize for putting you in a bad spot but comparing me to Nell was out of line.I just started a new business, im sorry i didnt have time to spend on the baseball league.Have fun guys and thanks..

Since Steve doesnt want me in the league then kick me out.I appreciate everyone's comments excepts Steves.I apologize for putting you in a bad spot but comparing me to Nell was out of line.I just started a new business, im sorry i didnt have time to spend on the baseball league.Have fun guys and thanks..
So you're out because of what Steve said? really? I don't even think Steve said anything bad or mean. We just want someone who will follow and enjoy the league.
So you're out because of what Steve said? really?
not really..I ve been out of town for 2 days..I came straight home and changed..Went to office, went to see 2 clients came home..Im too tired to get everything done tonight..If you guys give me a couple of days ok, i understand you dont have time thats fine.But yes, i wasnt happy to see the comments..Sure they may be justified but comparing me to Nell, please.
not really..I ve been out of town for 2 days..I came straight home and changed..Went to office, went to see 2 clients came home..Im too tired to get everything done tonight..If you guys give me a couple of days ok, i understand you dont have time thats fine.But yes, i wasnt happy to see the comments..Sure they may be justified but comparing me to Nell, please.
I don't know anything about the Nell comment but I think it's being brought up because you haven't been on the fantasy site in a while and we've discussed this deadline for a while so we were hoping everyone would have their stuff done by then. I hope you remain in the league but I can understand if you don't want to.
I don't know anything about the Nell comment but I think it's being brought up because you haven't been on the fantasy site in a while and we've discussed this deadline for a while so we were hoping everyone would have their stuff done by then. I hope you remain in the league but I can understand if you don't want to.
Again I understand.Blame me for missing deadlines and not being active..But insuniating that Im purposely trying to hurt the league is the farthest thing from the truth.
Again I understand.Blame me for missing deadlines and not being active..But insuniating that Im purposely trying to hurt the league is the farthest thing from the truth.
i dont know what you think nell did, but it isn't that.please set your keepers on yahoo and post your contract decisions tonight. don need to do all the math or anyting, just make the choices so we can start doing up spreadsheets and such...

Is this where I beg you to please don't go?Sorry the comments that reek of the truth are the ones that bother you. Poor you. Out of 12 GM's you don't have 20 minutes. Like we all have all the free time in the world and found that time in the last, let me count, 34 days. It wasn't 6. It wasn't 3. It was 34 days. Then we gave you another day and now if we give you another 2 that will be alright and I will just have to sit back and waste more of my time waiting on you like I did last night and tonight. Yeah, poor little serge. Do you even understand the Nell comment? I think it fits perfectly. I remember 14 GM's waiting on Nell you get the FA draft going. Everything was all set by the other GM's but Nell kept coming around saying, "sorry guys, I will get to it soon" and we all were waiting till one day he just ignored us then a couple days later quit the league. Seems kind of familiar. I can go back in this topic and find you saying Sorry at least 4 or 5 times. And here you are tonight, leaving the league. Again, how is that not a fair comparison. Sure you aren't a dick or a douchebag but you still inconvenienced the league. Everyone but you followed the deadline. Everyone but you took part in the weeks of discussion over new rules to make the league better. You haven't logged into the website since 8/25. Are you trying to tell me/us that you are interested at all in this league? I don't see it. So I pointed it out. Do you want to be in the league. Then be in the league. You can be in the league and not have to deal with me. I am not a commish, I have no power. I will leave you completely alone if that will make you feel better. I don't give a shit. I just don't want to spend next Thursday night spending the first 90 minutes of the FA draft filling in your roster because you didn't do what everyone else was able to do in 34 days. That is all I care about. I have extended the Keepers till Saturday at midnight. Decide what you want to do, let danny or whomever know. I personally don't think you are interested and correct me if I am wrong but this isn't the first time you have "quit" this league. Sorry again, I no longer buy your act. If you want to be in the league then participate. If you don't then just say you don't. No harm no foul. It's not a big deal. You don't have to post 1000 posts. You don't have to do scores, but sign up, meet the deadlines, and post a lineup on gamedays. That is simply all anyone is expected to do. If you can;'t do that then well, don't.

Oh boy, angry steve is angry, lol.Yeah you're busy. I get that, we all are. Some more than others. Look at poor dannyg breastfeeding his kid while clicking the box on yahoo to set his keepers. We all could make excuses. But we committed to the league and found the time within our busy lives. I have no doubt that if one of us found out that we could not find 30 minutes in 34 days to do this we would step down. But you don't care do you? Maybe you do, hard to tell. Doesn't look like it. I for some odd reason am now starting to take it personal. I am the one waiting on you. I have things to do in my life just like you. I have RL obligations. And I have fantasy obligations. One is getting this stupid FA draft all set up for next Thursday. But I can't. I can't do it. I could have done it today. I could have done it last night. But I can't. You know why I can't? Because you are too busy and can't click a couple boxes on yahoo. Hell it took you 30 days just to sign into the yahoo. But yeah, I am the jerk. Yeah, ok. Whatever. What a fucking joke.And you quitting solves nothing. I still can't set up the auction until your teams keepers are set regardless of who clicks the button. So inconsiderate.

As far as I'm concerned, it's serge. Though it does bother me that he couldn't make the deadline everyone else did, serge has done enough in all respects of this forum and his friendship with many of its regulars to earn the benefit of the doubt. If he comes on and says that he will be committed to the league going forward, then he's in. If he doesn't think he's able to do commit to meeting deadlines and setting lineups, then we'll find someone else. I'll be disappointed that he didn't give us notice before a really important deadline, but i'll forgive him if he posts some cute baby pictures and agrees to at least one Damian Cox or Steve Simmons rant a week until the end of the season.If there are still no picks made by tomorrow, then we'll move on, but I'm sure serge will at least stop in to say how he feels.